Some Six Star Snow Riders trails destroyed by ATV's

Running Wild

Is it me or do the ATV group seem to have more idiots in it then any other power sport?

I know lots of people who run the sled trails on thier ATV and don't give a crap. They have a stop me if you can way of looking at it.

Is it me or do the ATV group seem to have more idiots in it then any other power sport?

I know lots of people who run the sled trails on thier ATV and don't give a crap. They have a stop me if you can way of looking at it.

good news they are not getting away with this . 

when snow is low and ground/ponds/lakes frozen ATV's figure its open to them.

I think the idiots are spread out in both groups...atv's can do more damage for sure but sledders I believe do way more trespassing...in our local atv club you get a small group that do the wrong thing or go where they should not...look on any sled trail where there are 100's of sleds cutting corners in fields, making short cuts around rough areas, short cuts to get gas, etc...any trespasser on any sled or atv needs to be punched in the throat,...

good news they are not getting away with this .

Did anybody find out who it was?

Does six star have any atv trails to begin with.

I think the idiots are spread out in both groups...atv's can do more damage for sure but sledders I believe do way more trespassing...in our local atv club you get a small group that do the wrong thing or go where they should not...look on any sled trail where there are 100's of sleds cutting corners in fields, making short cuts around rough areas, short cuts to get gas, etc...any trespasser on any sled or atv needs to be punched in the throat,...

I'll give you some of that...

But ATV riders are much more likely to rip and tear jist based on the nature of the design. They are also a lost more helmetless riders on ATVs then sleds.

Does six star have any atv trails to begin with.

Tons of ATV trail in the MacTier/Kapikog/Healey Lake area, some legal.

Tons of ATV trail in the MacTier/Kapikog/Healey Lake area, some legal.

Good to know.

Any links to the legal ones?  

I'll give you some of that...

But ATV riders are much more likely to rip and tear jist based on the nature of the design. They are also a lost more helmetless riders on ATVs then sleds.

I agree...atvs by nature leave way more on an imprint than sleds...but from a trail and trespassing point I think its not even close....sleds by far trespass and go where they are not suppose to go...I atv and sled and in my opinion the sled crowd seem to be a lot better at recruiting idiots for there team.....lol...

I've seen gates on trails destroyed during the off season. Not sledders & the trails aren't suitable for 4x4s, so I guess it must be hikers doing it.

I've seen gates on trails destroyed during the off season. Not sledders & the trails aren't suitable for 4x4s, so I guess it must be hikers doing it.

guessing your idea of sarcasim...of course atv guys did it...we are talking about who trespasses more......a buddy of mine has property up Ottawa Valley way...he has both atv and sled trails through property...he says at times of course atvs go where they should not off trail...they try to find wet, muddy areas...he says 5 to 10 times a year he sees where someone has gone off trail into wet areas....the sled trail runs on the field edge of his property then cuts through a bush trail to the other side...all this is on his property...it takes less than a week to have tracks cut around the bush to save time, ...he says ( and I've seen it) it looks like the 401....they pass orange stakes, pass stay on trail signs , and go about 1/2 k off trail to by pass bush...that happens almost everywhere.....guessing hikers aren't making those snowmobile tracks either...

I've seen ATV riders that travel with a set of bolt cutters but never seen a snowmobiler that rides with them. Not dismissing trespass by anyone but I have also seen concrete barriers dragged out of the way of a snowmobile trail in off season and that sure wasn't snowmobilers. Even a friend of mine who is a land owner has been walking his property in the summer and found ATV riders that he tells they are trespassing. They defiantly tell him they aren't that it is a trail and then comment on how some %^&* actually locked the gate blocking their access to the trail and they had to cut the lock. He tells them it was his lock.

He has taken license numbers and called police in the past since they at times don't even slow down and he and his family have had to jump out of the way on their own property.

It only takes a couple of bad ones (ATV or snowmobile) to make the rest look bad.

Atv's and sleds have been going off trails trespassing since the dawn of time . There will always be individuals that do as they like / go where they like it will never end . We just have to hope that these few bad apples don't ruin it for the majority that ride responsibly .  

I've seen ATV riders that travel with a set of bolt cutters but never seen a snowmobiler that rides with them. Not dismissing trespass by anyone but I have also seen concrete barriers dragged out of the way of a snowmobile trail in off season and that sure wasn't snowmobilers. Even a friend of mine who is a land owner has been walking his property in the summer and found ATV riders that he tells they are trespassing. They defiantly tell him they aren't that it is a trail and then comment on how some %^&* actually locked the gate blocking their access to the trail and they had to cut the lock. He tells them it was his lock.

He has taken license numbers and called police in the past since they at times don't even slow down and he and his family have had to jump out of the way on their own property.

It only takes a couple of bad ones (ATV or snowmobile) to make the rest look bad.

all true...I am talking strickly trespassing and going where you should not....the sheer volume of sleds is why they trespass more...sled trails have 100\s of sleds on a day where the sheer volume of atv\s is considerably lower....my point is I think some guys on sleds think if they see no damage then whats the bid deal going off trail...of course atvs will cause more damage and leave a bigger footprint but bottom line is if you go off trail on anything you are a dork.....

I agree...atvs by nature leave way more on an imprint than sleds...but from a trail and trespassing point I think its not even close....sleds by far trespass and go where they are not suppose to go...I atv and sled and in my opinion the sled crowd seem to be a lot better at recruiting idiots for there team.....lol...

There are trespassing issuses in both sports!  Around here the ATVs have no club or legal trails but still use the snowmobile trails at will with NO pay! The OPP don't do a thing about it either!

Its not what their driving its who is driving it 

That could be a actually ATV club trail where members are allowed to have some fun .

That could be a actually ATV club trail where members are allowed to have some fun .

I am going with 99% that it is not

Sucks that you can't go hiking anymore in the summer due to the damage ATVers do

I am going with 99% that it is not

Sucks that you can't go hiking anymore in the summer due to the damage ATVers do

curious, why not?

We've had 1 trespasser over the years on our property (an ATV), drove over a bunch of small poplars to get around our gate. You could see their tracks as they toured around the woodlot. Probably saw the hunting camp name on the private property sign & figured these idiots are only here in Nov'. 

For sledders to access the property they's have to break trail for about a mile off the groomed trail then figure out how to get around the gate & terrain.

curious, why not?

You can not be serious ........

have you ever walk through rutted up crap like that

I have hunters in my family and hikers , ruts like that a PIA to walk on and ride

Sorry that your fun consist of wrecking trails for your own fun

Archived