New here and looking for people to ride with

09 MXZ

Hey everyone,

My name is Paul, and I found out about this site from Nunzio.( an old high school friend that I met up with on another sled site.) as the title says I'm looking for new people to ride with. My buddy that I sledded with for the last 10 yrs finally packed it in, ( health issues ) so I'm looking for someone new. If anyone / group is also looking, let me know I'm just itching to get out!

I live in Markham, but just like most sledders I don't mind travelling.

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum. You will meet lots of great people here.

Welcome Paul.

Glad to see you made it on here .. Great group of people..

Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum. Some great people and lots of information available. In normal years there are a lot more opportunities to ride and this sure isn't one of those normal years. Normal years you will find Baxter Snow Riders (Port Severn) and Snowcrest (Gravenhurst - Blake G) have weekly group rides on Saturday mornings. Port Severn there is also a group that call themselves Wednesday Wanderers that head out mid week if you have the opportunity.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Paul.

Welcome Paul .. always looking for people to ride with during the week. 

Welcome "on board" Paul. You'll find lots of information here and lots of friendly people willing to share information. We hope you enjoy your visits here and, your unfortunate association with Nunzio aside, we are happy you have joined.

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

Hey guys thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to meeting / sledding with you soon.

Hey guys thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to meeting / sledding with you soon.

Well, you have already met Muskoka Cat guy, Capster and Snowy Owl on our ride a few weeks ago, Once we get back from our trip, we can plan a nice Sunday ride in Muskoka...

^^ sounds great. You should introduce Paul to the awesome people at "Heart of Ontario"...

Hi Paul contact me at hoosc trails ,I am sure I can help you out 

So, where's everyone rideing tomorrow.

Sudbury, Saturday. Then west.

Welcome to the forum, 09 MXZ.

• 7 months later...

I am new to the sport and will be starting in Kawartha Lakes initially if you want to come up sometime....My trailer is ready to head north once trails are open, though!

No shortage of people to ride with here.... Baxter Snow Riders (Port Severn / Honey Harbour) and Snowcrest (Gravenhurst) usually have group rides each Saturday.

Hope you bought a loose fitting suit.... it seems so many start out the day with a hearty breakfast... ride a little then stop for a hearty lunch... ride a bit more and then have a hearty dinner then repeat the next day. The suits have a tendency for some people to shrink a little over time.

Hey Johnsazzr,

Once the snow flies we can definitely hook up for a ride. Me and my old sledding buddy used to always head out from Lindsey. We would meet at Thunder Bridge Rd, unload and hit the trails.

welcome to the forum, I rode with a bunch of new guys last year and look forward to riding with them again!  

For sure there is a great bunch of guys here.

Great..I live 2 km from Thunderbridge rd....sucks that town bylaws wont allow me to ride from my door to the trail...

I will also be riding out of Bracebridge during the week as my wife's work takes her there from Lindsay 1-3 times per week...how convenient..oh...and she owns the tow vehicle for this reason (Subaru Forester) ..that will change next yr when my ATS lease matures

2 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

I will also be riding out of Bracebridge during the week as my wife's work takes her there from Lindsay 1-3 times per week...

Is she in education ? 

Archived