Port Loring this weekend

FrostyTheSnowman

I'm gearing up to head for port loring this weekend. There's rain in the forecast with mild temps Friday. Can anyone give me some insight into how well they think the trails/lakes will hold up based on the current conditions.

forecast is lowering the temps, I'm sure you will be fine.

Given the conditions I saw there last weekend, the trails and lakes will be fine - maybe go to yellow if some water starts running - otherwise should be good. You might get a bit wet riding on Saturday though.

post-19713-0-62789800-1455824049_thumb.p

We stayed at Tornado's (great place by the way 20 minutes west of Port Loring)) two weeks ago after a heavy rain and the trails were OK.  The trails were marked as yellow on the OFSC map due to some washouts so we just took it easy.

The farther north and east we went the better the trails were,

Now all the trails in the area (even the AR 500 which was the worst) are marked green so that means all washouts have been covered.  I would just keep an eye out and go easy after they get more rain.

The trails in the area are beautiful.

Make sure you swing by Jake's Place in Port Loring.  He is heavily involved in the trails and the volunteers.

Thanks folks. Friday evening through the overnight seems to be the most rain to occur. It's my first time in that area and excited to go. I've been invited to stay with some family and friends at their cottage. I haven't gotten many miles on the new sled this year so it will feel good to get out and ride some nice trails.

If AR 500 is green now it must have been groomed after Sunday as it hadn't seen any grooming before that. Should be good if groomed now.

Hearing and seeing pictures of sketchy ice conditions everywhere gives me the willys. Are the lakes in the area really safe to ride? Call me chicken s..t but Id rather be chicken then dead.

Hearing and seeing pictures of sketchy ice conditions everywhere gives me the willys. Are the lakes in the area really safe to ride? Call me chicken s..t but Id rather be chicken then dead.

If the lake isn't staked I'm not going to take the chance. Like you I don't feel like rolling the dice. Same as sitting in a metal boat with a graphite fishing rod during a rainstorm with lightning. Kind of like saying here I am God, how's your aim?

I was up there last weekend and rode most of the lakes that were staked. Stick to the trails and you will have no problems.

Archived