Algonquin Snowmobile Club trail closure.

Nunz

Waste of time trying to get you to understand what you obviously can't comprehend. Simply put you encourage snowmobilers to continue to ride a closed trail that has been closed because the OWNER of the property decided to revoke permission regardless of his reason. Just because the trail has been there for years you feel ENTITLED to ride on HiIS property even though the OWNER doesn't want you on HIS property.

Just curious, do you pay attention to the staked trail running through an open field with Stay On Trail signs or do you say screw it and go play in the untracked snow. Something tells me you ignore those signs as well.

this particular land owner deserves zero respect from the sledding community and the community in general. He is costing his community thousands of dollars this weekend, likely far more in the future.

Again you are tying to insinuate some kind of wide reaching problem based on 1 comment from myself, which is completely irrelevant in this situation regardless of the cliche you use. Please lecture us more oh great one, it really appears you are the hopeless one.

And ftr many riders road the trail, not intentionally as there is a gate that can be shut and thus you have to turn around, but the trail has been open all year and every year prior, including as late as Friday night. I've heard this Jerk was out acosting these sledders as if they should know he has a personal vandetta with bill 100 or snowmobiling am he closed the trail a few hours earlier. By all means though defend someone and something you know zero about.

At issue is the thought that if trail use is allowed the landowner no longer owns or controls his land. By continuing the use of it after its closure we prove that notion to be correct. 

However by respecting the landowners wishes it leaves the door open to be able to reopen the trail. We had a landowner close the trail here two years ago as a club we obey the landowners wishes and closed the trail immediately. After a couple of days of conversation and addressing some issues we were allowed to reopen the trail for the balance of the year and build a new better route the next year. We now have a solid relaitionship with that landowner based on mutual respect.  

At issue is the thought that if trail use is allowed the landowner no longer owns or controls his land. By continuing the use of it after its closure we prove that notion to be correct. 

However by respecting the landowners wishes it leaves the door open to be able to reopen the trail. We had a landowner close the trail here two years ago as a club we obey the landowners wishes and closed the trail immediately. After a couple of days of conversation and addressing some issues we were allowed to reopen the trail for the balance of the year and build a new better route the next year. We now have a solid relaitionship with that landowner based on mutual respect.  

That's what Canadoo seems to not get. The reality is that no matter what prompted the land owner to revoke his permission, be it political, be it noise, or anything whatsoever that is his choice and right as the land owner. Respect that land owners choice. End of.

Why is it some people simply don't understand the concept of private property.

This guy does not post much here, but if someone knowledgeable could help him out with this, (safely) would consider it a favour. Every year he plans this trip with his boys no matter where they are. Thanks!

lots of people are running the lake but it's not safe to stake I'm told.

Really appreciate the responses, thank you. 

What did we do years back with no ofsc website to check on trail status of closed trails or green trails when we jut trailered up and started riding somewhere when not all trails have gates at either end to close them off, how do you know till your at the other end with the gate? How do you know when you cross boundaries of property? Not everyone has a computer to see all of this trouble going on. Some will just assume the trail is still open not knowing. Then what?

What did we do years back with no ofsc website to check on trail status of closed trails or green trails when we jut trailered up and started riding somewhere when not all trails have gates at either end to close them off, how do you know till your at the other end with the gate? How do you know when you cross boundaries of property? Not everyone has a computer to see all of this trouble going on. Some will just assume the trail is still open not knowing. Then what?

How about the red and white signs that say TRAIL CLOSED or the barriers that are put up along with the signs.

Caplan, I'm told that both Hawk and Sherbourne have been staked, so thats one challenge out of the way. Now you just need a guide to get you around LOB and you're good to go.

Raven is also staked.

Kyle, your insults and disrespect levied on other members is unwelcome here. Please conduct yourself in a socially acceptable manner. If you prefer to do otherwise, I strongly encourage you to do it elsewhere or the moderators will make that decision for you.

02SLED I understand that there are SOME trails that have the signs and gates BUT I'm just saying not all do. It happened to me once this year already where I took the trail off of a marked lake to a T in the trail and went down another #'d trail with NO "TRAIL CLOSED" sign on it until the other end where there was a GATE closed. That's my point. So was I in the wrong? If I'd seen a sign or gate at the other end I wouldn't have gone on it.

Blown corner, I agree with your point. I've also seen Trail Closed signs on trails that are deemed to be open by the clubs (groomed and shown as green or yellow on the ITG). Saw this quite recently, in fact. I assume the club volunteers are sometimes swamped with work and sometimes things do get missed.

None of this excuses sledders who blatantly trespass and disrespect the landowners and volunteers who allow our trails to exist.

Caplan, I'm told that both Hawk and Sherbourne have been staked, so thats one challenge out of the way. Now you just need a guide to get you around LOB and you're good to go.

Raven is also staked.

I've done LOB quite a few times. I was just looking for someone on here to say they've done it this weekend for reassurance that its safe. Been running lakes to and from Haliburton all weekend and any questionable spots on that route are completely frozen over. If anyone can comment on the narrows on St Nora's that'd be great too.

Caplan I saw a post by Old Sledder earlier today saying that there's open water in the channel between Trading Bay and the big lake. See the Lake of Bays thread.

Just saw this update and to respect the effort put together by the club I figured it deserves to be mentioned here:

ASC Trail Report, February 14, 2016, 9:52 p.m.....

Happy Valentines Day Everyone.

With the help of the Great ASC members we have found a re-route around the trail closure on D101B that connects Dorset and Dwight.

We will make a pass with the groomer on Tuesday and then it will be signed for Wednesday. That is my plan and we will be back in business providing great trails for our permit buyers and Business Supporters. We apologize for this inconvenience that was beyond our control.

The trails held up great this weekend with the hard base and cold temps. Lets hope Mother Nature plays nice for the next month or so to make up for the slow start.

Our next event is our Fish Derby on March 5th. More details so follow.

Stay Tuned.

•••

Thanks Caplar!

Just saw this update and to respect the effort put together by the club I figured it deserves to be mentioned here:

With the help of the Great ASC members we have found a re-route around the trail closure on D101B that connects Dorset and Dwight.

We will make a pass with the groomer on Tuesday and then it will be signed for Wednesday. That is my plan and we will be back in business providing great trails for our permit buyers and Business Supporters. We apologize for this inconvenience that was beyond our control.

The trails held up great this weekend with the hard base and cold temps. Lets hope Mother Nature plays nice for the next month or so to make up for the slow start.

Stay Tuned.

•••

Fantastic work by the club to get this going

Stay Tuned.

•••

Caplar, I was watching Snowmobiler TV this morning and saw the guy that won the refresh your ride contest and he had the same last name as your forum name, Any chance you are one and the same? if so, Congrats that was a pretty good deal you got!!!

Rode the D101B from 64 up to Dwight and back today. Great job on the re-route! Lots of hard work and a job well done. I almost wish the landowner would have done this years ago as I think the re-route is better than the trail was.

I think they are grooming that trail tonight down to the warm up shack.

D101B to Dwight was so good yesterday that I had to do it again today. Lots of traffic but still a great ride. Corners are starting to get a bit icy but given the amount of snow we haven't had this year this is still one great route. Big Thanks to the clubs that have done such a good job on these trails.

Caplar, I was watching Snowmobiler TV this morning and saw the guy that won the refresh your ride contest and he had the same last name as your forum name, Any chance you are one and the same? if so, Congrats that was a pretty good deal you got!!!

Haha yes that would be me, you caught me, thank you!

Trail 78 is closed due to a landowner issue.

Trail 78 is closed due to a landowner issue.

post-22473-0-86612600-1455983973_thumb.png

Thanks for posting this info Blake

Archived