North bay lodging

DOM

want to stay in north bay . I have stayed at travelodge airport but is there anything else

I have a 30 ft trailer

The Clarion down by the lake.  Right on the trail.

http://www.choicehotels.ca/en/clarion-resort-pinewood-park-north-bay-hotel-cn388

The Clarion down by the lake.  Right on the trail.

http://www.choicehotels.ca/en/clarion-resort-pinewood-park-north-bay-hotel-cn388

The Clarion is really nice, lots of parking (I mean LOTS).  We stayed there last year and loved it.

We stay there every time we are up there.  Consistent and good.  Walking distance to Churchill's!!  And right on trail.  They are doing renovations on some of the rooms, but we had no issues getting a room.

Would the Clarion be preferred over the Travelodge on Lakeshore Blvd?  Is there a restaurant on site?

Yes, and yes.

We're staying at the comfort inn on lakeshore next weekend and the other group with us are staying at the best western right beside it. They usually have lots of parking out back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at the interactive map. Do you cross the golf course to get to the Clarion?

I'm looking at the interactive map. Do you cross the golf course to get to the Clarion?

Yes you do. Has an access trail right to the hotel.

We have done the BW for years because the NNTA meetings were in house,  I see no need to do the best W if you have other options, I will say  its easy to as it has most needs.

Other than the brecky, (that was the best part)    Now looking at the clarion our selfs,  We do about 4 overnighters due to meetings and do our plans to continue from there

I would not call the Clarion walking distance to Churchills!(restaurant)

attachicon.gifclarion.png

Actually my bad meant Comfort Inn on Lakeshore.. was there again last wed-sat (bailed with the rain).

Would the Clarion be preferred over the Travelodge on Lakeshore Blvd?  Is there a restaurant on site?

Yes to both.  We stayed at the Travelodge last year and 2 years ago - switched to the Clarion this year.  Sled to the hotel, gas and Tim Hortons right across the street, lockup for the sleds (or get a room where you can park right at your window), bar and restaurant, hot tub, heated outdoor pool, sauna (though the sauna is not as good as I'd like), pool table in the bar, good food, good draft.  This will be our choice next year again, hands down.

Spent 2 nights at Clarion recently with wife. Enjoyed the outdoor pool. Trail access surprisingly good. Take spur trail to main trail. Right to land trails; left to Lake Nipissing.

Very reasonably priced. $100 for room includes breakfast for 2.

Archived