New Liskeard Accomodation

Bigfish

Really, hope not, I just got their answering machine.  If they call back, I'll report back asap.

Lady at the phone desk at the econo said it was closed. She said she thinks it's changing owners and is going to reopen sometime but wasn't sure when

Lets just say our stay at the Quality Inn last year was not so good.(don't eat the breakfast). Econolodge would be my preferred choice however we are trying the Waterfront Inn for the first time in about 10 days.

We stayed at the QI last March again for probably the 20th time. The free breakfast's we had were great both the first and last day of our saddlebag trip. I do think if you are late to partake in it there are sometimes limited items offered. There is a big area at the very back on what is grass in the summer to leave the truck/trailers.

Lady at the phone desk at the econo said it was closed. She said she thinks it's changing owners and is going to reopen sometime but wasn't sure when

We ate their a couple of times last March. The older Asian lady that owned it with her family indicated that they were thinking  strongly of retiring. too bad because they served a great meal.

Just stayed at waterfront Inn and Holliday Inn in New Liskeard. Holliday Inn has pool and hot tub and very nice, the truck stop across and up a bit has excellent food. Waterfront has roosters bar and grill also excellent food and right next door to liquor store and Tim's. Enjoyed both!

Quality Inn has the pool and hot tub, don't think the Holiday Inn does.

Have stayed at both, holiday Inn express does have nicer rooms, does have hot tub and pool. However I do prefer the waterfront because it's right on the lake and river, park outside your rooms, and attached roosters is right there as well as liquor store.

For another restaurant suggestion (green tomato closed) try Zanta's. Looks just like a reg bar and grill, however many items made completely in house and were excellent.

Where is Zantas in relation to the Quality Inn area?  I assume it would be a drive / cab ride?

Where is Zantas in relation to the Quality Inn area?  I assume it would be a drive / cab ride?

It is a couple of minutes south of the hotel, Our friends Scott and Erin ate there as well and spoke highly of it.

It is a couple of minutes south of the hotel, Our friends Scott and Erin ate there as well and spoke highly of it.

Down towards the WallyMart.

Zanti's is walking distance from Holiday inn or Quality inn, south 5 mins tops, food is great !!

Don't forget Gillie's truck stop.

food is top notch and fast.

I work in the area LOTS and have been eating at Gillie's most of the time.

Liquor store (closes at 6) is down on the waterfront, beer store in same general area.

Liquor store (closes at 6) is down on the waterfront, beer store in same general area.

Have done the "dial a bottle" routine w/ a taxi during 1 of our stays in NL.

If you have a vehicle:

post-19781-0-92607600-1455818952_thumb.jpg

Should get you in the area

Thanks for the info.

Last weekend i had a steak at Zanti's that was excellent. Great food nice staff.

Short walk from the Quality Inn. 

Talked to the new owner and she said they are getting a trail to the back door next year and sponsoring the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived