New Liskeard Accomodation

Bigfish

Looking for recomendations for places to stay in New Liskeard.

Looking for cottage style accomodation for 4 guys ( 3 smokers), with food, fuel and trail access.

Saw Sunnydale Cottages listed, but very little info on them (except for Rvrnd's site)

Any suggestions welcome. 

Heading up on Monday

Lots of places like that around Temagami I think.  Elk Cabins in Elk Lake might be open, Further west in Gowganda try Gowganda Lake Lodge or Auld Reekie Lodge, both great supporters.

I'm sure there are some in New Liskeard but I can't think of them apart from a quick search revealing "Garden Island Lodge".

All I can think of are the 2 lodges in Gowganda as well.

Does the Eco Lodge in Elk Lake stay open in the winter?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I called a couple of places, but all I get is the answering machine. I left messages for someone to call me back, but 48 hours later no call, I guess they don't need the business!

It's not a cottage but for what it's worth the Quality hotel has pretty much everything your looking for, restaurants across the street. Hope this helps

Can't remember the name, senior moment, but just north of Gilles truck on the west side of the highway is (econo?) Which has the green tomato restaurant in the parking lot. Lots of room for trucks and trailers and they have smoking rooms.

Yes the Econo Lodge is the motel that STG is thinking of. 

ALL the hotels in liskeard are owned by the same guy 

And the Green Tomato, despite it's somewhat plain, IMO, exterior, is actually a great restaurant.

We are booked into the Econo lodge in New Liskeard for next Tuesday. Anyone stay there before know what it's like? 

We are booked into the Econo lodge in New Liskeard for next Tuesday. Anyone stay there before know what it's like? 

We've stayed there several times (& the QI) both are fine. The QI has a pool, hot tub & sauna. Probably more truck/trailer parking @ the Econo. Some of the lot @ the QI was taken when the Holiday Inn was built.

Is the restaurant @ the QI not open?

Thanks revrnd and gobills.

I like the sled parking outside the room so that's good to know. And we may give the green tomato a try. Always went to Gillies when I've stayed at the quality Inn before.

Gillies is always good, but so was Green Tomatoe.

Econolodge had a continental breakfast last time we were there.  Overall, a bit dated but serves the purpose and sled parking is great. 

post-19781-0-91075600-1455073505_thumb.jpg

Looking @ Google Earth I see that the HI has taken up pretty much all the area that was for truck & trailer parking. The last time we stayed in NL, they were just starting site prep for the construction. Looks like the Econo is better suited if you're trailering there.

attachicon.gifNL Motels.JPG

Looking @ Google Earth I see that the HI has taken up pretty much all the area that was for truck & trailer parking. The last time we stayed in NL, they were just starting site prep for the construction. Looks like the Econo is better suited if you're trailering there.

Thats a great picture the area to the east the grass is where they let you park your trailer as well there is lots of room there.  The restaurant was not open the last 2 times i was there.

I can't remember what happened to the original pictures that Canuck took of the hotel area in Dymond from the vantage point of the Holiday Inn, but this one shows the Econolodge

post-19713-0-94815900-1455124431_thumb.j

and this one shows the Quality Inn

post-19713-0-81006000-1455124443_thumb.j

It was during this year that Sledjunk was comfortably ensconced in the "courtyard" part of the Quality Inn which allowed sled parking at door and protection out of the wind.

I can't remember what happened to the original pictures that Canuck took of the hotel area in Dymond from the vantage point of the Holiday Inn, but this one shows the Econolodge

attachicon.gifeconolodge .jpg

and this one shows the Quality Inn

attachicon.gifqualityinn .jpg

It was during this year that Sledjunk was comfortably ensconced in the "courtyard" part of the Quality Inn which allowed sled parking at door and protection out of the wind.

Normandy invasion in the 1st pic?

Yes the courtyard is nice to block the wind. We've been lucky a couple of times to be able to get rooms facing inward. Makes loading gear onto sled or sleds on trailer a lot more bearable.

A couple pics after a week of riding back in '04

Parked @ the Econo:

post-19781-0-45988900-1455126799_thumb.jpg

Bro's truck over @ the QI the same trip:

post-19781-0-11489300-1455126936_thumb.jpg

I think the green tomato is closed boys.

Really, hope not, I just got their answering machine.  If they call back, I'll report back asap.

Archived