Is The Fat Lady Singing In Southern Ontario??

Diceman

is the fat lady beginning to sing in Southern Ontario, are we done before we ever got started?.....I sure hope not but long range sure does not look really good...also Kijiji has hit almost 9500 sleds for sale...thats a jump of almost 2000 over last couple weeks but no big surprise...Diceman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already accepted that it's over for the south so not to be disappointed BUT.... Just because no weather systems are a real threat to bring snow, the temps are cold enough that the lake machines aren't closed for the season. If either happen to happen and give a glimmer of hope, I'd bet the clubs will go like stink to get even a week or two of riding in to put smiles on people's faces. If they do, it will be very honourable of them to do so with little return for how long it will last before winter is over. If they don't. I'm not upset. There's always next year and the sled is still new! It's the nature of the sport and I'm ok with that. If I wasn't I wouldn't be in it.

I rode out of Dwight last weekend ...glad I did...packing up Sunday it was raining :(

Ā 

Did ride some great trails though , D101B in spots was fantastic , 78 , 77

As long as I can get to Suds on Main ..Ā  LOL

Ā 

Its all good ..

Hey Jeff, load that Snow Jet in the back of the truck and come up to Sudbury with us next week!!! We can all carry 20 liter gas cans with us to get you from gas station to gas station.

I've already accepted that it's over for the south so not to be disappointed BUT.... Just because no weather systems are a real threat to bring snow, the temps are cold enough that the lake machines aren't closed for the season. If either happen to happen and give a glimmer of hope, I'd bet the clubs will go like stink to get even a week or two of riding in to put smiles on people's faces. If they do, it will be very honourable of them to do so with little return for how long it will last before winter is over. If they don't. I'm not upset. There's always next year and the sled is still new! It's the nature of the sport and I'm ok with that. If I wasn't I wouldn't be in it.

You can bet those who can will re-open will or at least try....

It's definitely a trailer north kind of season. On the bright side, if I don't get out my sled is pretty much ready for the 2016-2017 season! :lol:

Absolutely, we were discussing that very issue this morning. HCSA as a club will be out grooming if weather permits, I would bet most clubs will do the same and are far from giving up. The cold is in the forecast, all that is needed is an "un-forcasted" snowfall!!

Ā 

Livin'

fingers still crossed

Sudbury/North Bay and north is where you need to go to find the snow. We have been doing big day rides on Wednesdays out of Sudbury and it has been fantastic, snowing really hard last night when we left around 8pm.

Ā 

Pack up the trailer and head north kind of year!

sounds good Frosty ..

Still hoping for great, albeit late Feb and early March riding in Haliburton. It'll happen.

Hey Jeff, load that Snow Jet in the back of the truck and come up to Sudbury with us next week!!! We can all carry 20 liter gas cans with us to get you from gas station to gas station.

lol..would love to Jimbob but better leave that trip to the big boys....although the Sno Jet has only been towed home twice in 4000 plus miles I am not truly confident in my preventative maintenance program..lol...got almost 600 mlies so far this year though...are you going with Mudcat??

No, just my brother and myself. Mudcat is still hoping for snow closer to home before the end of the season.

Forcast sure doesn't inspire confidence.

Hope to still get out somewhere for a ride

No, just my brother and myself. Mudcat is still hoping for snow closer to home before the end of the season.

thinking he will only be finding that at the back of the New Hamburg arena..lol.....have a safe trip...

Life doesn't let me pack up and trailer north for 8 hours.

Saying that however I'm not ready to give up yet. Sure not going to be a record season of riding, but I'm hoping for at least a few good days.

i'm starting to get into biking mode,fired up the KLR yesterday and she only took a couple whirls

I must admit I've been monitoring the Battery tender lately to make sure the summer batteries are ready to go.

Slow Touring Guy has been spotted looking for open trails in the Gravenhurst area.

Ā 

Ā 

post-22473-0-61820000-1454649583_thumb.jpg

Archived