Is The Fat Lady Singing In Southern Ontario??

Diceman

Forecast for Ottawa area is possible 30 cm

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still have areas up here that we can't groom, still to wet and muddy.

lakes are crap for ice.

They are calling for rain on the weekend.

I'm thinking all is lost here in the SW

Bunch of yellow and green now in the east. Hoping Friday will be a day to ride...

I'm thinking all is lost here in the SW

You never know you may be the next Ottawa

You never know you may be the next Ottawa

very true

work also asked if I was interested in overtime on the weekends starting in march........hard to say no to the money but sled has 0 miles for the season

I would think the Owen Sound / Sauble area is done as well . To late in the season to recover without a miracle . I would think all of District 9 is done .

She has sung in haliburton that's for sure. Going to be hard to recover from this rain.

We had a decent base if folks had stayed off the trails today. Down & back to Peterborough late yesterday afternoon. More northbound vehicles towing trailers than what we saw southbound on our way home. 

Wayyyyyyy above 0 today & rain off & on all day. Who wants to go riding in that? Temps are below 0 next week.

I saw about 20 sleds in dorset today, when it was pissing rain they were soaked. How much fun is that none! Not to mention beats the hell out of the machine. I just had 4 guys come down my road lost thinking they could cross the lake. You can never cross the lake where I am it's always unsafe. They were using a GPS!

Ya seen a bunch riding the trails in Gravenhurst today + 3 and raining ,they were soaked im sure they were trashing the trail 

Ya seen a bunch riding the trails in Gravenhurst today + 3 and raining ,they were soaked im sure they were trashing the trail 

We've all gotten caught in the rain during long trips, but to knowingly to go out riding when the forecast is for rain is definitely a head scratcher.

I seem to recall a season a few years ago where the OFSC closed the southern Ontario system on a crappy weekend to save the trails. It will be interesting to see what the conditions are like on Mon'. I know when I finished my ride Thurs' afternoon, the trails were OK.

We've all gotten caught in the rain during long trips, but to knowingly to go out riding when the forecast is for rain is definitely a head scratcher.

I seem to recall a season a few years ago where the OFSC closed the southern Ontario system on a crappy weekend to save the trails. It will be interesting to see what the conditions are like on Mon'. I know when I finished my ride Thurs' afternoon, the trails were OK.

they were down by Boston Pizza which means they would have done the scratch through town, that would have been nasty for sure 

Just got home from port loring. The rain shut down the weekend ride. The trails were really good yesterday though. Didn't even burn half a tank of fuel before the evening rain came in. Had a late lunch at Jakes yesterday and breakfast this morning. Great place and awesome people in town.

I put 100 miles on Wed night from my back door in Mitchell.  Today the snow is 90% gone.  Its done in SW Ontario for sure.  We might get a bit of snow here in the next 2-3 weeks but I cant see the trails opening back up again.  Its mud everywhere.  

I put 100 miles on Wed night from my back door in Mitchell.  Today the snow is 90% gone.  Its done in SW Ontario for sure.  We might get a bit of snow here in the next 2-3 weeks but I cant see the trails opening back up again.  Its mud everywhere.  

Mud everywhere atv season starting soon , at least there's no waiting on snow .

Mud everywhere atv season starting soon , at least there's no waiting on snow .

was looking at a new Grizz today ,losing my sledding interest lately

Don't put those sleds away just yet! Big system coming up from the south midweek! Supposed to drop 20+cm!

im sure you know Gobills you have a great ATV system where you are ,been a HATVA member for years 

Archived