Sudbury Hotel Recommendations

AdamGamble

We have a group of 10 that was going on a rap tour but now we decided to do day trips out of Sudbury. We would like a place in town with stuff to do at night close food and bars... Maybe some entertainment ;). Close to or on trails is a must. We have never stayed and rode outta Sudbury so not sure what is a good place.

the moolight or chateau guay they are side by side lots of parking good food at chateau ,trail to their parking lot

they are at hwy 17 and highland rd. I was there this weekend past rode 700km

the moolight or chateau guay they are side by side lots of parking good food at chateau ,trail to their parking lot

they are at hwy 17 and highland rd. I was there this weekend past rode 700km

X2 on chateau guay. Cheap, good food, laundry and trail right at the parking lot.

Being from Sudbury and about 10 mins from either spot, you can't go wrong.

We stayed at the Moonlight Inn last year and they treated us well, The restaurant at the Chateau Guay is pretty good, Entertainment wise..Take a cab to Solid Gold...

Thanks Nunz lol! Is there any places other than those 2 worth looking into? Some of the guys are looking for a hot tub.

Thanks Nunz lol! Is there any places other than those 2 worth looking into? Some of the guys are looking for a hot tub.

You could try Sportsmans Lodge, there is a hot tub in the one big lodge with a bunch of rooms, George is a good guy, and he has Gas/restaurant on site, Rocky's is not too far away as well.

You could try Sportsmans Lodge, there is a hot tub in the one big lodge with a bunch of rooms, George is a good guy, and he has Gas/restaurant on site, Rocky's is not too far away as well.

Lake is not marked yet, waiting on ice thickness conformation.

last guy we sent out hasn't come back yet !!!!

Locals are running all over the lake but unless you know the lake well, I wouldn't

I know the lake well and would be iffy crossing it.

We stayed at the Moonlight Inn last year and they treated us well, The restaurant at the Chateau Guay is pretty good, Entertainment wise..Take a cab to Solid Gold...

LOL, you sound like the gal on the front desk @ the south end Comfort Inn we stayed @ years ago.

Gas near the moonlight?

3 klicks east there's a Petrocan. Not sure what the trail access is like. Guys have posted here about gassing up before your return to the motels there. I'm sure the Sudbury experts can chime in.

Yea it seems there is a lot of food, gas and hotels 3kms east. Would be great if we could scoot down the roadside to them.

Yea it seems there is a lot of food, gas and hotels 3kms east. Would be great if we could scoot down the roadside to them.

Gas is easy to get to.As far as the other hotels and eateries are dam near impossible to get to by sled, We have tried but the city fights us every time we try something.

Gas is easy to get to.As far as the other hotels and eateries are dam near impossible to get to by sled, We have tried but the city fights us every time we try something.

A ride alongside the road is not possible?

I have a Northway Motel listed west of the Moonlight & Chateauy Guay located @ Kingsway & Levesque. Looking @ Google Earth, it appears to have disappeared, has it been torn down?

Would love to book at the ambassador hotel and scoot down the road if possible. Lots of amenities in that area and 3km of road to trail. Would like to no if this is woa crazy crazy type of thinking or not.

Would love to book at the ambassador hotel and scoot down the road if possible. Lots of amenities in that area and 3km of road to trail. Would like to no if this is woa crazy crazy type of thinking or not.

I don't think that's doable. Both the Kingsway & Falconbridge highways are busy 4 lane routes. I'm pretty there really isn't much of a road allowance along either to ride on.

post-19781-0-00166900-1454455293_thumb.jpg

Adam, I would just book at either the Moonlight or Chateau Guay, then drive a car if you need to head into town for anything or dinner...

revrnd is correct - roads are way too busy. Also, waiters in the bar at the Ambassador are known to be pushy - don't drink- out you go.

Adam, I would just book at either the Moonlight or Chateau Guay, then drive a car if you need to head into town for anything or dinner...

The Sat' night we were in Suds' we just cabbed it.

Thanks for all the info guys... Haven't been to this area before.

Thinking of going with the chateau guay because of the restaurant

Good choice. That's where we are staying this week. Food is good and access to trails is right here. A bonus is that Royal Distributing is only a couple of minutes down the road so if anyone needs anything it's handy.

I ended up booking the moonlight for one night, have a trip planned and am using Sudbury as my staging area.  Last year I stayed at the pioneer inn on a ride through the area, a lot of the other places were booked.  The rooms were really cheap, and nothing special which is fine since we just needed a place to sleep.  So I figured they had a decent parking lot and didn't seem overly busy I called him up to book a room for Thursday.  Well the rooms had gone up to a $100 from $69 and I asked if it would be alright to leave my truck and trailer there for 5 days, and he said it wouldn't be a problem but said it was going to cost me $20 a day, which I found ridiculous so I said screw that and ended up getting a room at the moonlight for the Thursday night.  The parking is only going to be $20 for 5 days which is reasonable. 

That sucks about the parking charge. Travelling to northern Ontario since '01, we've never been charged for parking. The business is getting 2 nights times "X" number of rooms should be enough.

Archived