You begin to wonder why you do it

Wildbill

Trail opening is definitely a struggle this year lots of water even places that it should not be. It was a wet and way too warm a December . Couple this with a major freak Mercedes engine failure on the Prinoth and a couple of Tucker issues and it has been a struggle to say the least. I really appreciate the work being put in by a record amount of volunteers this year making it happen . As well WMTR is out helping us open trails and NEGB has loaned us a groomer as we are all a part of the PSSD grooming association . I myself have over 30 hours that I should have been working at our business into this sport just this last week.

What makes it hard to tolerate is the negative rants from some who do little at best to help .This includes the "gentleman" that stood in my store this morning a made a huge fuss scaring away my customers and telling me that he will make sure that he does not support my business along with any of his friends.

No other business in this area supports like we do . Honestly I certainly do not feel that we deserve this abuse.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfookinbelivable. It's to bad someone like myself wasn't in the store to tell him to shut his mouth. Last week was my first time actually getting out with a club and doing some tree removal, brushing and packing. Just to hear the stories of what goes into the work involved in prepping the trail for grooming operations was eye opening. Then theirs the fact they have to deal with landowner permission, town by-laws, logging operations and the overall lack of volunteers in areas. 

I have never met you or walked in your store, rode past plenty of times. I will be sure to make it over this year to shake your hand. Thanks for all you do and I'm sure you know theirs always an a-ho in the crowd or a few. 

Just remember you can't fix stupid and that is what people like this are.

Try to remember that for every a@#hole out there that needs a good head slap there is 10× as many of us that have been sledding for years and know what it takes to have good trails.

Thanks to you and everyone else that makes sledding so awesome. Screw the brain dead @#$& that haven't got a clue.

Sorry, sick of hearing about idiots like this.

I've never met you either or been to your store. But from what I do know you are a huge supporter of the sport. Don't take it personally as hard as it may be, the guy was a douche bag.

Yes this is a hard very hard year for anyone involved with any club. Some people get it and some people don't. I can't wait to get out today on some yellow trails that I know are going to be far from perfect but you know what I'm out on a open trail doing what I love.

I appreciate any time that any volunteer puts into this sport that I love!

Thanks to you bill and any other volunteers that are on this site we all appreciate what you do.

same guys that bitch about the bill,same guys bitches about a bump in the trail ,same guy that stops in the middle of trail and takes off and leaves a ten inch hump , You are lucky Bill that he wont be back,the man above was smiling on you 

I checked off "volunteer" on the tag purchase. I'm retitled, having moved to Bancroft this year. In the corner of three clubs. Need any help? Winter or summer...

Bill  - no matter what you do (this is anybody)  33 % of the people love you, 33% of the people hate you, and 34% sit on the fence and wait to see what the other 2 groups are doing. You cannot change this.

Forget this Clown (quickly) .  I for one know how hard you work at it and so do many others here!!  keep up the good work :)

MW

We enjoy your company and posts on oc . Please continue. There are a lot of people that just rant and rave for some attention

I can only imagine Bill, the abuse us volunteers go through would make others think twice .......

The guy proved what type of person he was when he verbally attacked you in front of your customers. I've never met you bill but I believe from all that I've seen on OC that the customers who were scared by this gem know what kind of person, businessman & volunteer you are and they will continue to support your business.

I was thinking that maybe if we took pictures of the sled Azzhats we unfortunately have interactions with, we could start a Azzhat Thread and post the pics. They likely wouldn't see themselves on OC but it would make us feel better.

It is frustrating for sure, especially when they don't do a single thing but ride. Don'tet it get you down, since allot of people will enjoy your trails yet this winter and be in your store smiling to support you too, which is what makes it all worth while. Keep up the good work. See you soon again!

sometimes customers need to be fired too, Bill. let him walk, don't let it get under your skin. when he comes crawling back due to "poor treatment at other places" politely tell him, you have enjoyed his absence, and no longer require him as a patron of your establishment. karma is a bitch to people like him. chin up buddy, you know how hard you work, don't let a sniveling whiner take ANYTHING away from you or your family.

hope your day goes better. Ski

On behalf of myself and Mrs Nunz I would like to thank you for all you do for the sport and for personally assisting us numerous times with the sleds and accessories, I am proud to call you a friend and appreciate all you and your family do. I am sorry you were subject to this guy but Karma has a way of setting the score and I am sure this guy will one day get what he deserves.

Thanks Bill and family.

Nunz is right most self centred knobs will eventually get whats coming to them.

i have been in retail for over 40 years and have found that their are customers that you have to demarket in other words they have far too much baggage

He did not come in to be a customer . He came in to inform me that he was upset at our trail performance and would encourage people to go elsewhere because of it . He had no intention of spending money here . 

This happens in every walk of life be it your job, volounteering, your own business etc

Some people have no better things in life to do

My better half is the nicest person you will ever meet and the other day a customer not once but twice berated her loudly in the store and called management on her as too poor customer service, relationship etc. This cost her commission, the store got fined as soon as there is a registered complaint the store loses $100 and she loses a $100. 5 days later the lady called again saying she received poor treatment again and there goes another $200. The lady IMO was a con artist and was trying to get her trip discounted. I know people like that lady as I dated one for over a year that knew how to manipulate and get stuff free or discounted.

Some people are just miserable pricks and love spreading the hate as their lives are not going as planned

My advice as i gave my better half and give to you as well, is you always get compliments and referrals from others do not let one negative hack ruin your look on your day and life, you are doing your best and most everyone appreciates your hard work and dedication

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

Bill,

He is now one of your "preferred" customers.

You would "prefer" he go somewhere else!

Hi Wildbill ... don't let negative ppl get you down. You are an exceptional asset to this sport.

Someday I hope we meet, I'd like to personally shake your hand.

Cheers

Ty

He did not come in to be a customer . He came in to inform me that he was upset at our trail performance and would encourage people to go elsewhere because of it . He had no intention of spending money here . 

Bill,

There will always be A-Holes.  Would not let it bother you one bit.

Bill handles all my powersports and does a great job.  Had him recently look at my new addition third sled (Poo 2012 Adventure) and asked him to turn up the oil injector since they tend to run a bit bit too lean.  He tells me it was already done.  That is the reputation he has, do what is necessary and do what is right.

Don't let this flake bother you.

Customers like this are best sent to your competitors.

Archived