2016 Snowcrest Riders Pancake Brunch

2bsledding

Take it easy and get healed up Ty. Will get out in a couple of weeks, when hopefully we finally get some snow. Have a room booked at the Residence Inn, so the wife and I will be heading up in the morning.

Although we had a smaller turnout than last year, the Snowcrest Annual Pancake Breakfast was a success, and several dozen folks still showed up and enjoyed themselves.

I drove to the Wharf by truck on Saturday morning, but decided to ride with the nine other sledders via "limited" trails and a few back lakes. There were a few OC'ers present at breakfast, including Viper, AlBoK, and thetorches (Mr. and Mrs, at 29 seconds of the video). Thetorches brought his sled to breakfast, so he was able to unload and ride a couple of hours with us, while his wife returned to town with the van and trailer. Good teamwork.

Here's a short video clip with a Johnny Cash soundtrack.

Nice vid Blake , looks like a good turnout for the conditions you guys had 

Mrs Leaf and I stopped by the event yesterday on our way home from sledding in Mattawa. SJ couldn't join us but he gave me $10 to donate to the club. I handed the $10 over to Graham and his very nice assistant and they entered SJ into the 50/50 draw. Mrs Leaf and I sat down to a delicious plate of pancakes and sausages. Thank you to the volunteers and sponsors for making this a successful pancake brunch.

Looks like fun..vid was too short though..lol wanted to see the trails as I haven't been able to get down to that area for a while now

The trail from the Wharf up to Bracebridge Sno-Bombers territory is quite good, but is only a ten mile run. It could possibly be shown as green rather than yellow. 

Our other yellow trails are thinner yet passable, but currently require a couple of miles of ice running to connect with town.

Made it to the pancake breakfast and had a good feed of pancakes and sausages. Decided to take my riding gear from hotel to the community center just in case there was a possibility to go for a ride. Lucky i did. Joined up with Blake and a few other guys and put in a couple hours of riding. Turned out to be a good day. Thanks to Blake and all the Snowcrest volunteers.

Mrs Leaf and I stopped by the event yesterday on our way home from sledding in Mattawa. SJ couldn't join us but he gave me $10 to donate to the club. I handed the $10 over to Graham and his very nice assistant and they entered SJ into the 50/50 draw. Mrs Leaf and I sat down to a delicious plate of pancakes and sausages. Thank you to the volunteers and sponsors for making this a successful pancake brunch.

Thanks for dropping by, and for the support from you and SJ. Sorry I missed you.

Archived