Port Severn Area

Black Dog

Anyone know if you can get from Gloucester Pool to Coldwater (C trail) without too much trouble or better to trailer to Coldwater?

Trailer to Coldwater. We have kept c-trail closed because of a 200 metre mud bath. We are tryng to let freeze. We broke it open when packing with our BR180..

Lakes are not safe yet, if you were thinking of running the pool...

Anyone know if you can get from Gloucester Pool to Coldwater (C trail) without too much trouble or better to trailer to Coldwater?

The C Trail south of Port Severn to Coldwater runs through some "swampy" areas that may or may not be too good. The trail from the pool to Port Severn and on to Coldwater are not open. The groomer was out packing from Port Severn north last Saturday morning and I don't know how much success they had but I am sure there would be some wet spots. They were hoping to pack south from Port Severn toward Coldwater on the Sunday but don't know if they were successful or not. Right now I am planning on picking up the sleds in Port Severn on Saturday and either trailering to the Coldwater arena or to the Seguin near Parry Sound. At the moment I am leaning toward Coldwater and riding toward Mildand / Penetang or perhaps depending on how things are going Elmvale / Barrie.

I just saw Paul's post.... he was driving the groomer last weekend so he is in the know.

Yeah I figured as much but one of the guys we ride with is a paraplegic so trailering adds some challenges, but not as many as getting stuck! If we go I'll keep an eye out for your sled 02.

Yeah I figured as much but one of the guys we ride with is a paraplegic so trailering adds some challenges, but not as many as getting stuck! If we go I'll keep an eye out for your sled 02.

Is it Dave R that you ride with?

No, a friend from Milton who built a new place on Gloucester, and his brother who had an accident in his early 20's and was confined to a wheelchair. You would never know it to see him ride though.

No, a friend from Milton who built a new place on Gloucester, and his brother who had an accident in his early 20's and was confined to a wheelchair. You would never know it to see him

ride though.

That is a nice story. Just his legs affect I assume? Any sled modifications for him?

He only has to strap his legs together or else they tend to fall off the running boards and, of course, he cannot feel them so it gets a little dangerous- but no sled mods. He says that the best way he can describe it is like you are trying to balance on a fence post while riding so he uses his arms to balance a lot more than the average person. The hardest part is getting close enough to the front door of a restaurant to carry him in so sometimes we are on the sidewalks where we probably shouldn't be but snowmobile people and restaurant owners are great and they always jump up to help as soon as they see what's going on.

Edit: Except for the guy that saw him being carried out and said 'Have another one buddy!' He felt bad afterwards.

Yeah I figured as much but one of the guys we ride with is a paraplegic so trailering adds some challenges, but not as many as getting stuck! If we go I'll keep an eye out for your sled 02.

What part of the pool are you on? We like to drop the hook at Bona Vista on a nice summer day and bob on the pool noodles.

It's not my cottage, my friend built a big one down near the end of Maley's Rd. I haven't been there in the summer yet but we were there a few weekends last winter.

It's not my cottage, my friend built a big one down near the end of Maley's Rd. I haven't been there in the summer yet but we were there a few weekends last winter.

I think I know the cottage. Recent build in the last year or two. I know the road runs on the south side of Burrows Bay

Archived