Town of Deep River Steps Up to Help Snowmobiling

KCC

North Renfrew Snowmobile Association (NRSA) is pleased to announce the new Deep River park & ride. A HUGE THANK YOU to the Town of Deep River for their support and co-operation in creating a park & ride in Deep River. Saturday January 23, the club will be having an official opening of the park & ride with the Deep River council. 

The park & ride area is locate between Esilman Auto's and the Deep River Animal Services on the south side of HWY 17. (GPS coordinates are 46.0987376; -77.49621580000002). The park & ride is an extension of NRSA trail 135 allowing easy access to the OFSC TOPS A and access to a variety of local businesses including gas stations, restaurants and overnight accommodations. 

Please use this new park & ride instead of parking at the Tim Horton's lot,  Our club would appreciate your help in showing the Town of Deep River that snowmobilers appreciate the town stepping up.

Trail improvements to NRSA trail 135 were completed in the September 2015 which included  a new culvert so now there is a groomed trail to the park & ride. On December 26, 2015,  local contractor Pat Stewart Trucking gave us a surprise Christmas present by creating the new trail over to the back of the Bear's Den.  A big THANK YOU to Pat for donating his time and equipment to help our club and snowmobilers. 

As well we have 2 other Park & Ride areas:

Chalk River area on highway 17 east of Chalk River at the Chalk River Business Park with trail access via NRSA trail 133 to TOPS A-trail  (GPS coordinates are 46.0156077 -77.445710).

Rolphton area on highway 17, beside the Rolphton ESSO with trail access (GPS coordinates are 46.171708 - 77.69701).  

These park & ride locations are on the OFSC interactive map.  

Love the new park and ride...used it yesterday. The trail in is much improved over last year.

Great work Karen, its refreshing to see a municipality step up, as opposed to ones like the Town of Petawawa that don't see through their enviro-nazi glasses.

We've made great use of NRSA's park and rides, and appreciate the help of their volunteers!

KCC - is there an email address so that we could send thank you notes to the council for the park and ride? Did something similar (last year?) for one of the townships (Tiny?) who helped out the local club and district.

(expletive deleted) Yeah!

Deep River, one of my very favourite small towns, since forever.

Leading the way, once again.

:woot:

Great idea about  sending a thank you to the council of Deep River.  So here is the mayor email address:  jlougheed@deepriver.ca  

Great idea about  sending a thank you to the council of Deep River.  So here is the mayor email address:  jlougheed@deepriver.ca  

Takes 30 seconds of your time and for once supporting a good snowmobiling thing instead of a complaint! (not that anyone does that around this place)

-DONE!

Slomo, I appreciate your suggestion about sending the council an email and thank you for sending one and supporting snowmobiling!

Email sent.

Now if other jurisdictions would sit up and take notice.

There are too many municipalities that do nothing to help one of the biggest generators of tourist income for their businesses.

One nearby Club is charged by the Township if their groomer drags snow out onto the roadway.

This stud ban being implemented in Quebec is going to cost their tourism big time and is so hypocritical given they all studded tires on their highways.

Thanks to all who send emails,  the mayor was in touch with me this morning and was very pleased with the responses.  

Very nice.  I really wish Lindsay would take that same attitude.

Times two!

(expletive deleted) Yeah!

Deep River, one of my very favourite small towns, since forever.

Leading the way, once again.

:woot:

I am originally from Deep River and no big surprise...awesome place and people are great....great job...

Mayor Lougheed

Congratulations to you and your Council for assisting your area businesses and Snowmobilers by constructing a first class Park and Ride facility.

Snowmobiling tourism is a multi million dollar business that provides a economic boost to both your town of Deep River but many other towns, villages and cities across Ontario.

The Town of Deep River is getting lots of bouquets from Snowmobilers who have been advised of your initiative.

Brian Baker

President

North Bay Snowmobilers Club

Email sent. Great idea.

Email sent. Great idea.

x2

Email sent.

Also, when in the area, mention it to everyone you do business with, from the beer and liquor store, to the grocery store, gas stations, CTC,  Giant Tiger, Mark's, The Bear's Breakfast, I mean Den... the works.

D.R. may not be where I'll park/n/ride but I DO stop there every trip north to Ian's and back.

Businesses in the area are also supporting for the improvements one way or another, and need to know it's appreciated.

Maybe we can start a trend....

Email sent.

Also, when in the area, mention it to everyone you do business with, from the beer and liquor store, to the grocery store, gas stations, CTC,  Giant Tiger, Mark's, The Bear's Breakfast, I mean Den... the works.

D.R. may not be where I'll park/n/ride but I DO stop there every trip north to Ian's and back.

Businesses in the area are also supporting for the improvements one way or another, and need to know it's appreciated.

Maybe we can start a trend....

That premise should be carried to wherever we ride. I try whenever possible to support those businesses that support us. I will check a trail map for advertisers that are on there when I consider where to stay, buy lunch, dinner, gas etc. wherever possible. When the chance presents itself I also like to let them know I saw them on the map and thank them.

In Port Severn for example I usually have a great breakfast before I head out at the Amco on Lone Pine Rd. and get my gas there. A small family business  that has been a long time supporter of the club and vendor for our trail permits.

I go to Wildbill for service... I can trust him great service great price and the family are all strong supporters of the sport. Sorry commercial time over.

Mayor Lougheed

Congratulations to you and your Council for assisting your area businesses and Snowmobilers by constructing a first class Park and Ride facility.

Snowmobiling tourism is a multi million dollar business that provides a economic boost to both your town of Deep River but many other towns, villages and cities across Ontario.

The Town of Deep River is getting lots of bouquets from Snowmobilers who have been advised of your initiative.

Brian Baker

President

North Bay Snowmobilers Club

Thanks and email sent.

Archived