Sparrow Lake, Orrillia, Gravenhurst area

GrizzlyGriff

I have a 2 bedroom cottage booked at The Cottages at Port Stanton on Bayview Wildwood Resort on Sparrow Lake just north of Orillia for the upcoming week starting Friday night.  Does anyone know if trails in the area might be opening up?  If not, I would part with it for $300 for the week just to get my exchange fee back if anyone knows anyone who wants a getaway.  Would be a cheap weekend or week away for someone with a family as well.  Info on the resort is at thecottages.ca

I have a 2 bedroom cottage booked at The Cottages at Port Stanton on Bayview Wildwood Resort on Sparrow Lake just north of Orillia for the upcoming week starting Friday night.  Does anyone know if trails in the area might be opening up?  If not, I would part with it for $300 for the week just to get my exchange fee back if anyone knows anyone who wants a getaway.  Would be a cheap weekend or week away for someone with a family as well.  Info on the resort is at thecottages.ca

Crap that's a good spot for sledders, ice fisherman and skating when the weather permits.  Sorry to hear.  We stage out of that area and buzz by there a lot in the winter when the lake is frozen.  Hope  someone takes it for you.  If not, heck why not enjoy it.

I was up that way last weekend ...rain was horrible ..

OFSC map doesn't look great but you never know ..

I know That the Orillia clubs were getting out packing yesterday.

I know That the Orillia clubs were getting out packing yesterday.

Orillia has been packing the west side of their trail system. Old rail beds. Anything with water (swamps etc) will likely be an issue.

Snowcrest trails in the Sparrow Lk area will not be available for awhile yet. Definately not this weekend. Sorry.

"IF" South Sparrow Lake Road and Cambrian Road have good snow cover, you can sled from Bayview Wildwood to the now opened railbed trail B105C in about 10 minutes on an Apex.

post-22473-0-65427800-1452817376_thumb.jpg

"IF" South Sparrow Lake Road and Cambrian Road have good snow cover, you can sled from Bayview Wildwood to the now opened railbed trail B105C in about 10 minutes on an Apex.

attachicon.gifbayview wildwood.jpg

Shhhhhhhhh stop giving away all the secrets Blake.  How are you feeling these days?

Getting better by the minute.

Getting better by the minute.

that's great news.... oh sorry you're talking about yourself after the flip... I thought you were talking about the trails :D  couldn't resist. Good to see you're on the mend.

Snowcrest volunteers were out again today trying to pack some of the local trails. There is only so much that can be accomplished when it's too warm, and the terrain is too wet.

We need more frost and more snow.

post-22473-0-09446100-1452908628_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-67889800-1452908610_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-67131900-1452908649_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update Blake.  I figured as much though.  Muskoka area has way too many rocks, streams, creeks, rivers etc.  Good work though everyone.   You can only do whatever mother nature allows.

I'm sure the club will do whatever they can to get things open. As they always have. Pancake breakfast Jan 30 will see a big push to get everyone there. Hopefully we will be open then too and look forward to seeing lots of OC folks at Walker's Point for a great breakfast !!

I'm sure the club will do whatever they can to get things open. As they always have. Pancake breakfast Jan 30 will see a big push to get everyone there. Hopefully we will be open then

too and look forward to seeing lots of OC folks

at Walker's Point for a great breakfast !!

X2!

Things will turn around. Calling for cold weather early in the week. That will stiffen things up abit.

Viper,

You know there will never be trails in District 5 when it snows on Wednesday and rains on Friday.  I doubt there will be very many in District 9 either.  If so it will be 3 weekends.  Stop torturing yourself.

BP

the running could be hard Grizzlygriff.  Although when I look at some of the pics posted it could be fun. I'll ask around to see if anyone would like a little vacation.

RR

Thanks RR..hopefully we can ride together again some time this year!

Viper,

You know there will never be trails in District 5 when it snows on Wednesday and rains on

Friday. I doubt there will be very many in

District 9 either. If so it will be 3 weekends.

Stop torturing yourself.

BP

Trying to stay positive. Ground is freezing again which might give us an extended later season, if we can get going soon.

Archived