Apsley 2016 Updates

revrnd

I'd say apsley is right on border of rain snow this year. better conditions are slightly north. I'll be heading from apsley next weekend. be heading Coe hill/bancroft/lake st Peter. PM if you'd like to get out.

Jack's Lake was staked last winter. Stoney Lake club stakes it & Chandos. If it's not staked, they don't feel it's safe. The temps have been like a yo yo. I posted some pics on Faceplant of open water on both lakes in Jan'. 

We got snow yesterday morning & most of today. A bit of freezing rain & rain in between. Snow stick is back to 13".

thanks revrnd. ran jacks lake a few weks back. felt comfortable with a local. I don't know that I'd get on by myself with the mild weather lately

There was a sledding related drowning in the Narrows back in the early 70s, so it's not a lake to fool around. It had been a long time for me to ride on it when I ran the stake line 2 years ago.

Trails were OK on Sat'. Snow was a bit too wet causing some cooling issues.

How much snow fell last night? Hoping for some trails available for the weekend around Stoney

Sorry for the late reply. We got about 5". Rode south on E107 today which had been groomed on Weds'. Turned around just east of the powerline.

Sorry for the late reply. We got about 5". Rode south on E107 today which had been groomed on Weds'. Turned around just east of the powerline.

Thanks revrnd!

great ride today .do think we can get one more day in sunday? 

great ride today .do think we can get one more day in sunday? 

I would think so. I'm going out this afternoon & maybe Sunday.

Sort of bagged out last night so I didn't get a chance to post. Trails were OK considering the heavy sled traffic. The corners were starting to get down to the icy base. W/ the warm temps forecast for this week, not sure how much riding will be left out of Apsley.

Anything currently Green that are maintained by the Paudash Trail Blazers trails will be going limited tonight. 

Archived