Green Green Grass of Home

Yamaha Fan

Rained most of the day yesterday, last night and right now pouring here in Pickering. My lawn is greener than in summer.

This happened winter of 2012 but I went to Cochrane and sledded , they had lots of snow.

Now some central trails are open in some areas and nothing up north.

Weird weird weird. Please open up something from North Bay to Cochrane. .. I need to get in one ride:) please please please

Things will tighten up this week. Meanwhile - thanks for post title - will be humming that Tom Jones song all day now....

"The old home town

Looked upside down

As I fell off

of the train...

And there to meet me

was her father

with a shot gun....."

I can assure you that there is ZERO ridable snow up Sudbury/North Bay.

I want to ride as much as anybody.

I have a brand new sled sitting in the shed with 400 yards on it.

I have a brand new sled sitting in the shed with

400 yards on it.

It will turn around. Second half of winter Is suppose to be normal or slightly below. Hopefully it will last until April. Keep us updated on the conditions up there!

I just saw a major winter storm warning for northern Ontario on TWN for this coming week. LOTS of cold & snow this week!

Things will tighten up this week. Meanwhile - thanks for post title - will be humming that Tom Jones song all day now....

"The old home town

Looked upside down

As I fell off

of the train...

And there to meet me

was her father

with a shot gun....."

Thanks now I am picturing Carlton from Fresh Prince dancing to that tune, lmao

Welcome to the forum, swatt!

I just saw a major winter storm warning for northern Ontario on TWN for this coming week. LOTS of cold & snow this week!

Seen that too, may load up the sleds and ride all the logging rds and mining rds up in gowganda and stay with our friends Ron and Giselle from

Gowganda Lake lodge , wife says i will drive her crazy if i dont get out riding soon , probably just take the Skandic and leave the vector here

I have a brand new sled sitting in the shed with 400 yards on it.

that's 400 yards more than me... I'm envious. Our two new sleds were rolled off the dealers trailer at the sled show and rolled onto our trailer. There they have sat since then. I filled up the gas tanks yesterday and they are now north waiting for the snow that's coming big time this week.

Thanks now I am picturing Carlton from Fresh Prince dancing to that tune, lmao

First you're dating yourself

Second, damn you... now I have the same image and tune in my head

Snow level here dropped from little to nil overnight

that's 400 yards more than me... I'm envious. Our two new sleds were rolled off the dealers trailer at the sled show and rolled onto our trailer. There they have sat since then. I filled up the gas tanks yesterday and they are now north waiting for the snow that's coming big time this week.

That's good news. I need to get a ride in. Too bad the lakes won't be trustworthy.

That's good news. I need to get a ride in. Too bad the lakes won't be trustworthy.

Who cares if the lakes are frozen or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtIqmPeKxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_WFLBjmeeQ

Awesome vids. Don't believe I am that talented. .lol

you never know if you don't try :D  maybe Blake can try first and show us how it's done and then if he doesn't drown maybe we can do it

Blake... you up for it? There's a dozen butter tarts in it for you

I don't think so - - I tried something like that on the trail Friday, and it didn't work out too well.

Two words that should never be uttered by a man over fifty: "watch this" (Red Green)

you never know if you don't try :D maybe Blake can try first and show us how it's done and then if he doesn't drown maybe we can do it

Blake... you up for it? There's a dozen butter tarts in it for you

ROTFLMAO ... I can just imagine Blake in the freezing water holding the butter tart above his head yelling "Save the Butter Tarts. . Save the Butter Tart, I'm fine:)" ... lol

ROTFLMAO ... I can just imagine Blake in the freezing water holding the butter tart above his head yelling "Save the Butter Tarts. . Save the Butter Tart, I'm fine:)" ... lol

Now that is my laugh of the day.... and we would know where the sled is with the orange flag just above water.

I don't think so - - I tried something like that on the trail Friday, and it didn't work out too well.

Two words that should never be uttered by a man over fifty: "watch this" (Red Green)

It turns out there was a recent study conducted by the STG Institute to compile the last words said by people dying in an accident. It was revealed that some 67.5 percent said, "oh my god!", another 17.5 percent said, "oh sh*t"; 13 percent yelled "Jesus Christ", and 2 percent was a compilation of various expletives and beseechments.

Out here in Ryde Township,the most frequently heard is, "hey, hold my beer, I wanna try something".

one of the other popular ones is :"watch this"

funny enough us big guys float. That butter tart may save his life!

Archived