B110- Markdale to Owen Sound- yellow

Faceman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Markdale ,nice parking lot right on trail

i just left mount forest and the trails are a long way off, unless they get some major snow that they are for casting this week, up to 40cm in some areasĀ 

Decent little rip today,was cut a bit short by a malfunctioning throttle cable, which was sole purpose of this run,a shakedown.

Does anyone know if there is parking for trucks and trailers in Dundalk?Ā 

Ā 

Thanks

There's a lot beside the arena.

Parts of Grey Bruce are blizzard conditions right now.

Bad from drayton to crosshill. Just had a feed delivery and took 2 hours to drive this stretch of road. Mostly blowing snow and poor visibility the driver told me. Fairly clear after cross hill south.

Bad from drayton to crosshill. Just had a feed delivery and took 2 hours to drive this stretch of road. Mostly blowing snow and poor visibility the driver told me. Fairly clear after cross hill south.

Ā 

Well, at least your food made it there.

Can you stage out of Shelburne?

Ā 

I've seen trucks and trailers parked at the north west corner of 89 & 10. Super Burger. Trail 321 runs right through there.

Ā 

post-21351-0-38631200-1453326662_thumb.jpg

Can you stage out of Shelburne?

that's where I parked last year

I heard the owner got real mad a few winters ago. Apparently his lot was full of trailers and not one snowmobiler stopped in for a burger. There was a posting saying don't park at super-burger! Maybe buy a burger and pop and ask if it is ok! I bet they won't say no!

I've seen trucks and trailers parked at the north west corner of 89 & 10. Super Burger. Trail 321 runs right through there.

Ā 

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Ā 

They were building a new restaurant there when I drove by before Christmas. Not sure what the parking is like now.

They were building a new restaurant there when I drove by before Christmas. Not sure what the parking is like now.

Probably ok during the week, but weekends I bet they don't want sledders taking up space in their lot. Lots of hockey teams come in on the weekend and need a place to park.

Probably ok during the week, but weekends I bet they don't want sledders taking up space in their lot. Lots of hockey teams come in on the weekend and need a place to park.

Ā 

On weekends, people will park a bit farther up the road at the Primrose School.

On weekends, people will park a bit farther up the road at the Primrose School.

Good to know! Thanks!

The safe thing to do always when you park on someone's property is to ask permission. Often people become annoyed when they see others parking on their private property assuming they just can. By asking it makes all the difference.

Ā 

There is an Esso station NW corner hwy 12 and 400 at Waubashene. The answer has always been yes but when I have stopped in there they always say thanks for asking and just don't block the garbage dumpster.

The safe thing to do always when you park on someone's property is to ask permission. Often people become annoyed when they see others parking on their private property assuming they just can. By asking it makes all the difference.

Ā 

There is an Esso station NW corner hwy 12 and 400 at Waubashene. The answer has always been yes but when I have stopped in there they always say thanks for asking and just don't block the garbage dumpster.

Where you headed for your break in ride? Barrie area?

Where you headed for your break in ride? Barrie area?

Ā 

Right now it looks like I will be parking at the arena in Coldwater and running in to Midland / Penetang / Elmvale. There are a couple of spots where I can get a good look at the trail as they cross the roads and get a sense of what they are like. Plan B is a short trip up the 400 to the Seguin since they apparently have more snow.

Right now it looks like I will be parking at the arena in Coldwater and running in to Midland / Penetang / Elmvale. There are a couple of spots where I can get a good look at the trail as they

cross the roads and get a sense of what they

are like. Plan B is a short trip up the 400 to the

Seguin since they apparently have more snow.

Nice! Report back on your sled and trail conditions!

Archived