Trails Opening-Interactive guide

rockerdan

Happy new year Gang!

Wow, Im seeing 255kms open today and some green even!   

Finally looks like a start!   Will be heading up to My winter home in a couple days for good! woohoo!

Dan

post-75199-0-98689900-1451582759.jpg

post-75199-0-86611000-1451582870.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy new year Dan! Let us know how the lakes are coming over the course of Jan.

Greetings all!

That's impressive!! There can't be much base there, but good for them for getting the season kicked off before the New Year!

Anyone from the Pembroke area available to report of the conditions?

Happy Holidays everyone!

Aaron

still being holiday season everybody and his dog will be on those trails ,gravel by noon 

still being holiday season everybody and his dog will be on those trails ,gravel by noon

Exactly my thoughts!

Hey gang....

Just saw this on DYW site, anyone know more about this?   Sounds like a good staging spot for guys who have to trailer up.

Dan

post-23178-0-57961500-1451596033_thumb.jpg

Nice post Dan ,back up for here for the start of sledding,great timing 

Line of streamers moving thru today....man i wish the wind would lock in and keep them over us!

Line of streamers moving thru today....man i wish the wind would lock in and keep them over us!

Riding a 1200 doo this year in place of the 800 etec?

Yeah the 2s experiment was a 2 season deal, til she blew up.....back to 4s for me for good!  lol

But it will need some help, Im used to 150++ hp, so at least now I get to tinker again.  ;)

Happy new yr

Dan

Yeah the 2s experiment was a 2 season deal, til she blew up.....back to 4s for me for good! lol

But it will need some help, Im used to 150++ hp,

so at least now I get to tinker again. ;)

Happy new yr

Dan

X2 Dan!

How many miles on the 800 before trouble? Never knew anyone having trouble with one. Bottom end bearings let go? Know a guy that has 5800 miles no trouble yet. Was leaning

towards an 800 for next season.

need to change your Viperules 700 ID perhaps.

X2 Dan!

How many miles on the 800 before trouble? Never knew anyone having trouble with one. Bottom end bearings let go? Know a guy that has 5800 miles no trouble yet. Was leaning

towards an 800 for next season.

my 14 etec 800X was the best handling, most fun to ride sled ive ever owned, and Ive owned alot!  I had been on 4s sleds since my apex in 06, then the cat turbo fiasco in 12.   Back to 2s in 14 loved the etec, til she blew.....typical 2s burn down, scuff a piston/cylinder on a trail(D trail near DYW groomer shack) was not even going fast,  No rhyme or reason, Took it up for warranty to Geisler in Powassan as I trust them and they were on it asap for me.  Northland told me something like bring it over in 2 weeks and we MIGHT see if its covered...LOL.    BRP claims failed injector, but we saw over 6 of them on dootalk alone go down all near the same couple of weeks last winter....

Its not like the etec wont last 10k miles if all is well.....its the fact it can go down like any 2s at anytime, and is always catastrophic. And costly if it was out of warranty......also the resale on these way too expensive 2s sleds when over 5000 MILES is a joke, so I call them "throw away" sleds now.

None of this is true with a 4s.....you can buy one nice with 10k miles and its barely broke in engine wise...sure you need to upkeep the rest of sled but that is true with any engine.  

Noone makes a 4s that handles as well as the 1200 doo....or weighs as little.  The viper is quite abit heavier and ILL handling, and because its a cat I wont touch one....But the 1200 doo lacks in true 150+HPperformance....

But the great thing is the 1200 is so over built, it takes mods easily......BRP revs them low and keeps them tame around 130hp so their cash cow 2s 800 can be their top dog.   The funny thing is, with a header, ecu tune and better clutch, revving it 8700 to 9k or so, the 1200 becomes an animal...will walk the stock 800etec and still be reliable for tens of thousands of miles.....and even with all the mods be no more costly then the 800etec new, and use NO OIL and reg 87 fuel.....so now your cost of riding is LESS then the etec.  Not too mention touring without worry of carrying oil.  nice.

the one downfall is, it WILL NOT HANDLE or be as FUN of a sled to ride as the light nosed 2s etec.....So I have taken steps to get her close....wide 6.9 skis to keep nose up/floating in powder.....best shocks money can buy(evol rc2 fox) in front and will be testing center shocks to help with nose weight.

the 1200 is only 33-39lbs heavier then the etec.....but it does make a difference....this new 1200 is a 129" so this will be abit different then my 800 mxz 120"......

Also I changed the side panels on day one, to etec lean side panels...hated the goofy wing BRP designed into the new XS1200.

Here are a zillion pics an videos of all my mods I did to the new 1200 this fall....lots more to come!

MY BUILD THREAD:  http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1149097-rockerdans-1200x-build-thread-lots-of-technical-info-on-the-new/

Awesome feedback! Did brp come thru on warranty or blame the injector and fuel quality and not cover it? Heard this happening to other riders too. Enjoy the 1200 it looks awesome!

Awesome feedback! Did brp come thru on warranty or blame the injector and fuel quality and not cover it? Heard this happening to other riders too. Enjoy the 1200 it looks awesome!

One thing good about BRP is they take care of things....Heck even some guys got entire new short blocks with similar failures....this is where going to a good dealer comes into play.   Geisler took care of my 05 mach under warranty before, so I used them again.  Even tho Im a yankee from Niagara with a USA bought sled always....they take care of me.

But you still lose ride time....and you now second guess yourself out riding alone, or taking a trip....with the 4s sleds i have no worries ever...heck my apex was bulletproof at 10k miles and I only held that thing to the bar always, 120mph too.  Say what you want about heavy apex, that was best sled ive ever owned overall....sure it was a tank but man it was reliable and fast!

Yammie really needs a new sled....a true yammie!

Dan

Yammie really needs a new sled....a true yammie!

Dan

Yes they do, I demoed a viper last year and thought it was great. But I'm also thinking about a 1200 enduro in the future...I need to demo one first. Either way, 4s will be the way to go forsure.

424kms open as of today......coming along!   Still need more snow and lots more cold for lakes!

Dan

The reason they are doing this is that they lost a section of the 88 trail when it crosses Aspidin road, there will be about 6km of road running this season. When the lake is staked the 88 will be lake access. They are using the Park and ride as a staging area.

I've been going to the monthly club meetings with them the past few months

Hey gang....

Just saw this on DYW site, anyone know more about this? Sounds like a good staging spot for guys who have to trailer up.

Dan

424kms open as of today......coming along!   Still need more snow and lots more cold for lakes!

Dan

How does it compare to the etec.I have a 09 800 and love it.Thinking of a new one but not sure about etec .Not sure of a 1200 either thanks Al

Looks like ADSC (almaguin club) is out packing. Hopefully some more snow and cold temperatures will help and the little warm spell doesn't hurt anything!

I'm heading up to the cabin on the 15th so I'm hopefully some will be open along with the seguin.

I see the amount of trails open has doubled sinch yesterday. Up to 877 km's now.

The reason they are doing this is that they lost a section of the 88 trail when it crosses Aspidin road, there will be about 6km of road running this season. When the lake is staked the 88 will be lake access. They are using the Park and ride as a staging area.

I've been going to the monthly club meetings with them the past few months

So where 88 crosses aspdin/RR tracks....... goes around the farm field, and then onto Lake Vernon.....you are saying this is closed now?  Did that farm near RR tracks shut it down?  Man I hope not as this is my main run from Mary Lake at my place over to Vernon to buds house.

Are you saying we have to run 6kms on aspdin rd now?   That road is bank to bank pavement!    ugh  6kms is a TON of road!  near 4 miles!

Please let me know, thanks Nunz

Dan

The farm field is now closed off, farmer doesn't want sledders on his property anymore, once lake is safe they will stake it and bypass that section, till then road running down aspidin road to Etwell. This is not a good thing to say the least. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

So where 88 crosses aspdin/RR tracks....... goes around the farm field, and then onto Lake Vernon.....you are saying this is closed now? Did that farm near RR tracks shut it down? Man I hope not as this is my main run from Mary Lake at my place over to Vernon to buds house.

Are you saying we have to run 6kms on aspdin rd now? That road is bank to bank pavement! ugh 6kms is a TON of road! near 4 miles!

Please let me know, thanks Nunz

Dan

I heard the farmer became tired of sledders riding on his property outside the staked trail.

Archived