New Years in Monts Valin

Nunz

Great pics bunker, I am leaving for Auberge 31 on Saturday night at 6pm and will be hitting the trails Sunday morning until Wednesday. I am really looking forward to breaking in the new sled and riding this incredible region of Quebec!

How were the trails? Is there a lot of available day loops to ride around the 300km mark?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trails just got better each day while we were there, lots of loops around up there. We stayed in Chicoutimi and trailered up to Passion by the ski hill and left from there each day traveling on 93 East. Did different look outs and loops for 2 days and 3rd day rode 93 east all the way to Sacre-Coeur, long fast stretch. I noticed a lot of trails outside of the mountain started opening as we left. Carm you're going to enjoy riding there and best poutine of my life at Auberge 31, think it was sweet chilli tai mix.

The trails just got better each day while we were there, lots of loops around up there. We stayed in Chicoutimi and trailered up to Passion by the ski hill and left from there each day traveling on 93 East. Did different look outs and loops for 2 days and 3rd day rode 93 east all the way to Sacre-Coeur, long fast stretch. I noticed a lot of trails outside of the mountain started opening as we left. Carm you're going to enjoy riding there and best poutine of my life at Auberge 31, think it was sweet chilli tai mix.

Thanks for the info bunker, I am pumped about my first trip of the season!

Well we made it finally, took the wrong road off the 172 and got lost lol, 14 hours later we are here,, there is a ton of snow and place is packed. See u Sunday morning Carm

Will be hitting trails in am and post pics, thanks guys

Glad you guys made it there safe even after a slight detour lol. Enjoy the trails my friend and post pics often :)

Well we made it finally, took the wrong road off the 172 and got lost lol, 14 hours later we are here,, there is a ton of snow and place is packed. See u Sunday morning Carm

Will be hitting trails in am and post pics, thanks guys

Was your GPS in French mode? That sounds bait brutal, since I would make it to new brunswick in that time frame! Hope you enjoy your ride for the next few days. The drive home always seems so much shorter.

Who says he's coming home? LOL

Thanks guys, just got the trailer loaded going to get some sleep, alarm set for 2am, then off we go. Will post pics I promise, especially for Extreme 600

OMG I just saw the pictures posted here.  Damn I wish we were with you Nunz.  I can't believe WD nor Sledjunk didn't jump all over this one!!!  WTH guys!!  Hmmmmmmmmm if trails aren't good up north in two weeks looks like a road trip for the hubby and I.  Make sure you post pics Nunz.  Happy New Year also!!!

Hey Nunz make sure you and your lovely wife (Karen) keep safe and save some of the fun for us.  PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Who says he's coming home? LOL

I wouldn't go home either, if I could party with those girls.

Here u go boys, did a 200 mile ride today, hotel is amazing as are the trails.

Going to do a easier ride tomorrow, feeling a wee bit tired. Will post more pics when we get back Monday night.

Nunz

post-22609-0-35121400-1451701084_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-86006100-1451701188_thumb.jpeg

Sweet looking snow conditions. Enjoy your ride and thanks for posting the shots.

Going to do a easier ride tomorrow, feeling a wee bit tired. Will post more pics when we get back Monday night.

Nunz

Pace yourself man.

Scenery looks great.

Nunz

Thanks for posting the great-looking pics, Nunz...those views all look very familiar.  [How's your French coming?... :poke2: ]

Glad you were successful getting all the way to Auberge du KM 31 by road...we've only done it by trail, from Jonquiere, by way of Alma.  Sounded like you had a very long day's drive yesterday!  As Blake suggested, pace yourself...and we'll look forward to more pics when you return home.

Pace yourself man.

Scenery looks great.

He is beating you Blake! Go out and put some more miles on, lol.

Woke up this morning to 6 inches of fresh new powder, did a good 100 mile ride down around the park then had had late lunch at the bottom of the ski hill,

The new Pro X is the best handling machine I've ever driven, power is crazy quick.

One more day of riding tomorrow. Gonna do some lake runs in the morning.

Cheers guys.

post-22609-0-87106500-1451777218_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-97564300-1451777268_thumb.jpeg

post-22609-0-93831100-1451777323_thumb.jpeg

Woke up this morning to 6 inches of fresh new powder, did a good 100 mile ride down around the park then had had late lunch at the bottom of the ski hill,

The new Pro X is the best handling machine I've ever driven, power is crazy quick.

One more day of riding tomorrow. Gonna do some lake runs in the morning.

Cheers guys.

Nice pictures.  You just had to do it to us didn't you!!!  DAMN.  Looks beautiful. 

Thankfully you added "of fresh new powder" was a little worried at first.  LOL

Glad you love the sled, just make sure you keep the rubber side down buddy.  BTW that picture of the two of you should be your avatar

Great pictures... have a great day riding tomorrow and a safe trip home.

It really isn't, I've just set the shocks to one up from the softest settings, on the big bumps it works really well

Looking good Nunz. What a great area to break in your new sleds.

Archived