New Years in Monts Valin

Nunz

Very interested in hearing how it' goes Nunz! I will have time after the holidays and if no where closer is open this might be the spot!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, I will post pictures from there no worries.....the 12 hour drive I am dreading though...

thats part of the fun, road trips

Normally I love road trips but am still on blood thinners, shouldn't be sitting for more than a couple of hours at a time, I guess that gives me a reason to stop for a smoke break then....lol...at least that's the story I am sticking with...

Thanks guys, I will post pictures from there no worries.....the 12 hour drive I am dreading though...

If I was young 12 hours behind the wheel would be no big deal. When I was in my 20's and looking back real foolish I drove to Orlando and back for a long weekend. Swapping drivers every 4 hours, 24 hours down and 24 hours back. Left on a Friday morning and got to Orlando Saturday morning for an all girl rodeo we had heard about. Back then that was my weekend sport and we couldn't turn it down. Watched the rodeo Saturday afternoon after a few hours of sleep then partied on the Saturday night with the competitors. A bit more sleep and set out for home early Sunday getting back just in time to go to work and drag our dog tired butts around all day.

I said looking back I was foolish... I'll re-qualify that. In hindsight we must have been insane.

Nunz... have a great trip and send pictures from trailside if you get the chance. We will all be imagining we are you.

You'd probably prefer to be drawn, quartered, and pissed on before visiting the dootalk site, but you might be interested in this recent post there - think it's the area you are heading for:

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1199489-just-back-from-4-days-riding-in-escoumins-comments-on-900ace/

Photo credits to the original poster - likely you don't have a sign on -

post-19713-0-78650200-1450981015_thumb.j

post-19713-0-05235700-1450981031_thumb.j

Print out pics - put on dash - or maybe you've got one of those fancy digital display things.....might make drive easier!

I'm trying to talk a buddie into making the trip. Leaving on the first. Guess all I need is a mirror and a pass right?

If I'm not mistaken the hand mirrors are not acceptable. It must be an attached mirror. Might be able to cheat and duct tape a hand mirror onto the sled though.

Sounds like Nunz is going to have a great trip... too bad his won't be paid for by others also.

Packed all the gear last night and the sleds are all ready to go, just need to load them up on the trailer, Planning on leaving around 3am at the latest Thursday am, after seeing all the pics posted I am dying to get out there, Looks like there is about 5 of us heading out there..

Will post pics Friday for you guys...

Blake/Sledjunk/White Dragon/02/Slomo you guys sure you aren't into a road trip?? There is some white gold waiting up in them hills....

Wow reading about that place has my jaw on the floor. Didn't no about the elevation there and the amount of snow they get. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Packed all the gear last night and the sleds are all ready to go, just need to load them up on the trailer, Planning on leaving around 3am at the latest Thursday am, after seeing all the pics posted I am dying to get out there, Looks like there is about 5 of us heading out there..

Will post pics Friday for you guys...

Blake/Sledjunk/White Dragon/02/Slomo you guys sure you aren't into a road trip?? There is some white gold waiting up in them hills....

some ways I would love to but back to work on the 4th and my social coordinator has some other plans between then and now.

Montreal just got 40cm of snow. Hoping your destination got some of that as well

Safe trip Nunz, I will have to ride out of my driveway for now!!

Livin'

Callin' for more snow tonight. Have a safe drive. I'd say have fun, but I know you will.

Thanks guys, just got the trailer loaded going to get some sleep, alarm set for 2am, then off we go. Will post pics I promise, especially for Extreme 600

Ive been there a few times, Your gonna have a awesome time there...

Have fun n enjoy the drive... It's not that bad...

Just arrived back home from riding 3 days in this area. We had to stay in Chicoutimi and trailer up to the mountain each day to leave. Ended up putting on 430 miles to break in my new sled and can't say enough about good things about the area. Auberge 31 is a very happening place with sleds and the poutine is incredible there. Make sure you climb the highest mountain and watch the snow being made.

Sorry, if I could figure out how to post some pics I would

Just arrived back home from riding 3 days in this area. We had to stay in Chicoutimi and trailer up to the mountain each day to leave. Ended up putting on 430 miles to break in my new sled and can't say enough about good things about the area. Auberge 31 is a very happening place with sleds and the poutine is incredible there. Make sure you climb the highest mountain and watch the snow being made.

Sorry, if I could figure out how to post some pics I would

Click more reply options (make sure on desktop version) and then 'choose file' then 'attah file'

Archived