Are you ready?

ravinerat

I guess I got lucky in 13/14 season when my wife was pregnant all season long. I think I put about 4000km on that season between the srx and enticer. I think she's still mad about that...lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks sled junk for fixing the pics.

Cheers

Was that you I ran into in cochrane that was having trouble with bv2s helmet you had?

Speaking of bvs2 helmets my brother has has one with the electric visor and the visor has melted 3 times!

Those women may be little but they fight dirty.(and they are mean)

Theoretically, though.........

post-22473-0-13028200-1449374417_thumb.jpg

Those women may be little but they fight dirty.(and they are mean)

married to dark irish 5 ft sweet thing...until I cross her then she turns into "whitey bulger"...old 'sleep with one eye open " sayin rings true

Was that you I ran into in cochrane that was having trouble with bv2s helmet you had?

Yes it was me. All worked out though. Stopped in at paps power sports and they replaced my helmet.Top notch dealer.

are you suggesting that a big guy like you was afraid of your wife? :D

You've seen my lucky t-shirt?

post-19774-0-22593400-1449508662_thumb.jpg

As for sled ready, getting sleds from Toronto > north next week.  Looking forward to spending time in the Port Severn area this winter as opposed to trailering most weekends. Not sure if this was the right year for that decision :(

Perhaps 'flexibility' will be the watchword this season.

Woke up the kitties today. Where's the snow?

Very jealous of your 2015/2016 sled mileage

You've seen my lucky t-shirt?

attachicon.gifWife Sledding.jpg

As for sled ready, getting sleds from Toronto > north next week.  Looking forward to spending time in the Port Severn area this winter as opposed to trailering most weekends. Not sure if this was the right year for that decision :(

Can't be yours.  It isn't pink :poke2:

Brought the trailer home with the 2010 in it.

Picked the new one up last week, have to stud and put the rear bumper on.

So far sled tasks done are at ZERO

So far I have done nothing sled related accept buy permits.

I did schedule the trailer safety for Thursday though and I will be picking up my new sled Wednesday.

Hard to get excited with the weather the way it is. I figure I've got at least another month to prep.

Very jealous of your 2015/2016 sled mileage

An i bet he did it all on a weekday when we were all at work too! lol. 

3 weekdays.

Thanks for clarifying that B.G lol.

post-23504-0-58768000-1449707307_thumb.jpg

I have a triton trailer, and at least a couple times a winter the snow melts and then freezes up where the cover meets the trailer bed, usually not too hard to knock off, but sometimes so thick, forced to chip away with a shovel, so thinking of fastening a piece of rubber or plastic to the bottom of the cover to keep the water from freezing the cover to the trailer bed.  Anyone make one or know where I could buy one?

and second,  one of the plastic clips that holds my skidoo luggage bag snapped off, can't find just the clip and not wanting to spend $110 to buy a whole new bag, any idea where I might be able to find something that would work?

post-23504-0-43933300-1449707606_thumb.jpg

Why not just leave the trailer on an angle so water will run off and not have a chance to enter it and freeze up.

Or just use it in the summer, same result.

Am thinking maybe something similar to a garage door bottom strip that would cover over, anything rubber that covers.

I replaced a similar strap on the wife's kayak. There's a local place (in Thunder Bay) that makes back packs and stuff. They were able to replace the strap with one that was close enough to work. Many outdoor stores can probably fix you up.

attachicon.gifIMG_20151207_122136.jpg

I have a triton trailer, and at least a couple times a winter the snow melts and then freezes up where the cover meets the trailer bed, usually not too hard to knock off, but sometimes so thick, forced to chip away with a shovel, so thinking of fastening a piece of rubber or plastic to the bottom of the cover to keep the water from freezing the cover to the trailer bed.  Anyone make one or know where I could buy one?

and second,  one of the plastic clips that holds my skidoo luggage bag snapped off, can't find just the clip and not wanting to spend $110 to buy a whole new bag, any idea where I might be able to find something that would work?

attachicon.gifIMG_20151202_124437.jpg

Try silicone spray on the bottom of the lid used to have the same problem with my clamshell.  Switched to an inline now but it seemed to work for me.  As for the clip try a fabric land they seem to have everything there to fix saddle bags, if not the exact thing they will have something that should work

So your plastic clip. I am figuring the metal triangle you fingers is holding is just so you can pull the strap with the buckle tight. Is that right? Why can't you make a new strap with a fastex buckle. They won't match but you could change both sides.

RR

Plastic clip mavbe Spae Naur  in Kitchener  I have luck finding random fasteners from them.

Got the KLR out of storage today. An early spring it seems. Here's a photo of Snowcrest Trail 9.

post-22473-0-19917000-1449789614_thumb.jpg

Archived