Are you ready?

ravinerat

Those KLRs are nice bikes!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor substitute for a snowmobile though.

I washed and parked my bike for the winter but when it's 10 degrees with no snow in sight it might be the relief I need

Exactly !!

As always this forum doesn't disappoint, great suggestions, I was thinking similar about a strip like on the bottom of garage door to keep water off, but haven't seen anything that would work,  or if I make something it's just not going to look that great. Unless I find something that looks good, I like trying applying silicon, will look better, and not have to put in a bunch of extra screws.   For the travel bag, as suggested, I checked out Spae Naur(awesome catalogue) and/or using fastex buckles, which I think would work out ok.  As it turns out, I was at the local skidoo shop picking up some pop rivets, and when I mentioned about how its too bad they don't sell those plastic clips, the one parts guy said they do!  Not cheap, and have to order pack of two with the matching screw hardware, but they cut me a bit of a deal, so ideal as I don't have to change the hardware on the sled side and will be back to almost new.  

Thanks!

I washed and parked my bike for the winter but when it's 10 degrees with no snow in sight it might be the relief I need

Washed, fogged, and drained all 5 bikes, washed all the gear, and took the chocks out of the trailer. WEEKS ago!

I remember being in a big rush to get everything pressure washed and properly stored before it got too cold to use the hose and washer.. :roll:

I'm yanking one bike out of the storage shed, and going for a rip Saturday. I need a fix!

Pouring rain ..... parking lot at work is a pond .... no rush with the sleds ........

Well the new one is closer to being snow ready, just have to stud it now.

the 2010, still covered up in the trailer.

Peeled up the mat, and installed a chock...Dug out my gear this AM, and loaded up a bike.

No grumbling about the weather tomorrow for me!

(Grumbling will resume Sunday)

Got around to polishing the tunnel last night. Still got lots of time to pull the skid out and check bearings and wheels and do the sliders. Probably tackle that over the holidays. 

20151214_164934.jpg

Looks amazing. What did you use to polish the tunnel?

Looks amazing. What did you use to polish the tunnel?

Mothers mag and Aluminum Polish and elbow grease. Going to do the rails this weekend or over the holidays with  Never Dull Wadding Polish then the Mothers see how they turn out. 

Ok thanks. I'll give it a try.

Ok thanks. I'll give it a try.

Use the never dull wadding polish then wipe dry and clean. Then buff in the mothers mag and aluminum polish after for really good results. The wadding polish gets a lot of nasty stuff the mother's can't. 

All ready but nowhere to go  :(  :( It will come, always does.

PB221999_zpskikzlcti.jpg

Nice garage... oh almost forgot... the sleds look good too.

All ready but nowhere to go  :(  :( It will come, always does.

PB221999_zpskikzlcti.jpg

Nice setup crave sledding, gives me an idea for a new thread!!

Yup nice and clean! I can't wait to buy cabinets like those. I'm sick of the open shelves, want that cleaner look. Those mr heaters work great! I just got mine installed a couple months ago. But I need a ceiling fan to get more of the heat to the ground as my garage ceiling is about 15' high. Still pumps out the heat great though!

Well with the nice temp drop. The snow in the Bracebridge area and Cochrane is now packing snow it is getting closer. New DS skis on the Renegade I'm ready. I put the bike away after a run to Overland Expo in North Carolina in Oct. replaced both sprockets and chain. I'm good to go no mater what the weather throws at us.

RR

Fired up the Elan this afternoon.

Battery back in the MXZ, just have to get the Y pipe springs reattached & skis on & it's ready to go.

Went over the Rev, all ok. The 5 of us (daughter had a friend over) went for a little ride around town. ... put the girls in the skiboose. ... 13 km so far and we're going back out after supper to check out the local Christmas lights around town. ...

Front shocks in.  Skid serviced and half in (taking a break :-))

Archived