Day Trip from Bracebridge

AdamGamble

Looking for day trip ideas from bracebridge.... Did the muskoka magic loop last year and it was ok. Doing a family weekend their again this year and looking for some new ideas. Preferably with a nice spot to have lunch.

Tons of good ideas. How many hours or kms are you wanting to cover?

Looking 200-250 a decent leave after breakfast..... Lunch on the trail pull back into cottage just as sun goes down would be ideal lol... Just thinking of all that sounds like heaven haha

A nice trip up to Edgewater on Sand Lake would be around 240 km or you could cut it short and eat in Kearney at Suds on Main for closer to 200 kms. Several available gas stations on the route shown include Smith's Ultramar in Port Sydney, Fetterley's in Kearney (likely the best bet), Edgewater.

post-22473-0-60639900-1448486653_thumb.jpg

Up to Sprucedale in the morning on D trail then over to Parry Sound on C103D then down the C trail to C102D and across threw Port Carling and back in to Bracebridge is grate ride probably a good 200km. Bit of road running threw port carling. I do this loop all the time from my cabin.

206 km round tripper eating at Orrville Bakery and Barista if your group is not large. Go up the D to avoid coming back that way when busier. Gas up at the Petrocan at the west end of the Seguin Trail. Orrville Bakery might be too small a place to eat on a busy weekend. Alternatively you could push through to Blake's Memories of Muskoka at the junction of Trails C and 201, just south of Wildbills. Gas is also available at Glen Orchard and Port Carling.

Alternately you could drop down to Rosseau for lunch at the Cottage Law Canteen or Crossroads. This route can lead to C trail via 300's trails. You would be missing gas opportunity at Seguin Trail so would perhaps have to use Glen Orchard as a pit stop. All depends on the range of the machines.

post-22473-0-81284400-1448487373_thumb.jpg

200ish km round trip to eat at the Dam Grill in Port Severn. Gas is available in Port Severn and Gravenhurst.

post-22473-0-90610900-1448494142_thumb.jpg

You guys are great... I knew I couldn't go wrong with asking... Thanks

X2 you started a great thread and the response has been very helpful.

Good thread. Nice to have food and gas locations added to the loops.

206 km round tripper eating at Orrville Bakery and Barista if your group is not large. Go up the D to avoid coming back that way when busier. Gas up at the Petrocan at the west end of the Seguin Trail. Orrville Bakery might be too small a place to eat on a busy weekend. Alternatively you could push through to Blake's Memories of Muskoka at the junction of Trails C and 201, just south of Wildbills. Gas is also available at Glen Orchard and Port Carling.

Alternately you could drop down to Rosseau for lunch at the Cottage Law Canteen or Crossroads. This route can lead to C trail via 300's trails. You would be missing gas opportunity at Seguin Trail so would perhaps have to use Glen Orchard as a pit stop. All depends on the range of the machines.

attachicon.gifadamgamble orrville.jpg

Thats a good loop also. Id be in for a good trip with you guys as well whenever. :)

While the D trail from bracebrdige to sprucedale is nice mid week or early Saturday morning, it quickly becomes a race track.

Maybe come with reevester and I for a Tuesday week day ride from port Sydney

Hey Bryan how you been doing? Still got the F800 and did you get that Polaris rebuilt? Should be up for a few mid week rides this winter for sure. I have a 5 week old son at home now so might not get the miles put on like I did last winter.

always lots of good loops from smiths gas in port sydney , good launch spot with gas there and great groomer club 

Hey Bryan how you been doing? Still got the F800 and did you get that Polaris rebuilt? Should be up for a few mid week rides this winter for sure. I have a 5 week old son at home now so might not get the miles put on like I did last winter.

Congratulations !

Some great loop choices, I hope I can try a few this upcoming season.  thanks

I've heard of guys doing some powder riding in and around the power lines in bracebridge somewhere any one no about this.. Where to access it and if it's fairly safe?

My only tip I'd stay off the D trail on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. It gets killer traffic come noon on a Friday. Sequin isn't much better. I tend to stick more to the lakes come weekend. Lots of small trails north of bracebridge that don't see much traffic they have two digit trail numbers. Take some of those they will be in Ming shape guaranteed.

My only tip I'd stay off the D trail on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. It gets killer traffic come noon on a Friday. Sequin isn't much better. I tend to stick more to the lakes come weekend. Lots of small trails north of bracebridge that don't see much traffic they have two digit trail numbers. Take some of those they will be in Ming shape guaranteed.

X2!

I have a 5 week old son at home now so might not get the miles put on like I did last winter.

Also want to pass on my congratulations.

Great info on the Bracebridge loops above.

Congratulations !

Also want to pass on my congratulations.

Great info on the Bracebridge loops above.

Thanks fellas  :D

"Funny" story about when our son was born.

Wife attached his baby photo (keychain/plastic) to my snowmobile key.

Suggested that I "look at the photo " the next time I came to an unstaked lake and "thought about" crossing it. Her suggestion worked. 

All the best this season.

A nice trip up to Edgewater on Sand Lake would be around 240 km or you could cut it short and eat in Kearney at Suds on Main for closer to 200 kms. Several available gas stations on the route shown include Smith's Ultramar in Port Sydney, Fetterley's in Kearney (likely the best bet), Edgewater.

attachicon.gifadamgamble edgewater.jpg

Similar to this but with a more eastern return leg.  Misses a bunch of the busier D and boring Seguin.

Gas in Kearney on the way to Sand Lake for lunch. (Edgewater or Silversands)

http://www.silversandsfamilyresort.com/

http://www.edgewaterparklodge.com/

Taking 78-79 or 78 to Pen lake and re-joining the D102B would also be a great option.

Gas in Baysville on the way south.

post-20689-0-81788300-1448653676_thumb.png

Archived