2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Yup. Rode from Beech River to past Hawk Lake turned around and rode about half way to Hali then headed home. Some sections were great and some needed more snow. They've done a good job with what they have to work with. Trails get better as you get farther east. No open water, not even by Bakers pond. We just need more snow which is supposed to be coming next week.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I can wait until they're staked. Maybe we'll be lucky and get snow and staked lakes next week.

Anyone running twelve mile lake this year pleas be careful of pressure crack that have formed on the lake.  They are about 3/4 of the way up the lake if your heading north, they are not huge but they will throw you off if you don't see them.  On the map they are just west of the 35 which is hwy 35 on the point.

If someone can tell me how to edit the map i could put a mark on the map.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/12+Mile+Lake+Bed+and+Breakfast/@45.0302239,-78.7010516,4822m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x4cd5098ce9b5dabb:0x679bf00219dbff3d

gobills, I have sent you a PM with a lengthy set of steps to create and upload your map.

Thanks gobills, that pressure crack has been there for a bit this year. From what has been reported to HCSA this is new this year. Not a staked trail so I can't comment but please advise the folks that want to go the best you can. Moose and Eagle were checked and staked today and there will be more to come this week. What is really needed is more snow as we can only groom the same snow so many times until it doesn't even make a difference. jhrz06 did you change your avatar this week to reflect localvolunteers/goomeer operators/moi? 'cause it sure is fitting!! Going out in AM to get stuck in the muck groomer on #7 and will see what happens this week. Will get in touch with the folks that volunteered to stake lakes and just keep going forward.

Livin'

I think the new avatar reflects how many volunteers and club members feel right about now. Its been a tough go so far this year. Lots of good work done by many people with very little to work with.

Good job guys. Hopefully the 3°C on Tuesday doesn't hurt too much. Maybe with so many other trails available, there won't be as much traffic.

Anyone running twelve mile lake this year pleas be careful of pressure crack that have formed on the lake.  They are about 3/4 of the way up the lake if your heading north, they are not huge but they will throw you off if you don't see them.  On the map they are just west of the 35 which is hwy 35 on the point.

If someone can tell me how to edit the map i could put a mark on the map.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/12+Mile+Lake+Bed+and+Breakfast/@45.0302239,-78.7010516,4822m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x4cd5098ce9b5dabb:0x679bf00219dbff3d

Thanks for the info, I run 12 mile nearly every time I head out.

Great job on the new bridge on #4 as well, SOOO much better then running the road.

Welcome to the forum, ChainsawCarver.

Welcome, the bridge on #4 is a personal big deal for me! What a difference it has made for Minden access.

Livin'

Welcome, the bridge on #4 is a personal big deal for me! What a difference it has made for Minden access.

Livin'

Yes i went across it Saturday.  Stopped and looked around nice job to you and the crew.

Welcome Breakthru! gobills, you just went through the bridge on Saturday?? No more inside info for you if your not gonna use it !! LMAO. The folks that decked that were all volunteers, set up by an awesome guy! brought his crew in and was decked and railed in less than a day.

Livin'

Ya man had to get some gas in the early morning.  Since there is no fuel again in Carnarvon.  Just a thought maybe that should go on the website as it was a few years ago when this happened.  Man i wish a Shell station would go in there.  

Ya man had to get some gas in the early morning. Since there is no fuel again in Carnarvon. Just a thought maybe that should go on the website as it was a few years ago

when this happened. Man i wish a Shell station

would go in there.

Is there still fuel down the road at the marina near little hawk. They had a store too. Wondering if still open for fuel?

Is there still fuel down the road at the marina near little hawk. They had a store too. Wondering if still open for fuel?

that is big hawk marina at the dam. They were open on the weekend but don't know if they have fuel. Probably but how fresh would it be? Not many sleds through there yet... can't get on the lake there yet either it's wide ooen.

that is big hawk marina at the dam. They were open on the weekend but don't know if they have fuel. Probably but how fresh would it be? Not many sleds through there yet... can't get o

n the lake there yet either it's wide ooen.

Bought fuel there in past no issue's. That sucks lake is still wide open. Hopefully that changes.

Oh yeah, will be downgrading the rail line to limited. Too warm to groom so don't expect much until we can get out again, hope to do a clean up of trails that survive before the weekend. We really need some sort of consistent winter weather. By "we" I mean basically all of Ontario!!

Livin'

Oh yeah, will be downgrading the rail line to limited. Too warm to groom so don't expect much until we can get out again, hope to do a clean up of trails that survive before the weekend. We really need some sort of consistent winter weather. By "we" I mean basically all of Ontario!!

Livin'

You put on 1400 Km's already! That sucks everyone's hard work is going down with the weather. Not good!

Archived