2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

The rail line was groomed last nite and we got some bonus new snow as well. Watch for updates today on hcsa.ca or the OFSC IG. We will be out re-packing and re-clearing our othe

r trails and the near future is looking good! I

must restate that there is NO SAFE ICE IN

HALIBURTON COUNTY!!! If it's not

staked...DON'T GO!!

Livin'

Any idea how Ice is coming on moose and eagle lakes?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please read the post you quoted!!

Livin'

I see tracks (which look a day or two old) on head lake today .. 

Did they continue across lake or stop in the middle.

Did they continue across lake or stop in the middle.

Lol .. looks like came right up by the park. 

Than again i didnt venture out to see if some tracks just disappeared or not .. 

Lol .. looks like came right up by the park.

Than again i didnt venture out to see if some tracks just disappeared or not ..

I usually get on at park straight and cross just above the river and head over to the trail on an angle. Someone keeps putting docks and skids at the end of park. Not sure if they are trying to stop snowmobiles or just piling stuff there.

Understand that most lakes froze over just early last week then there were warm temps and rain some spots reopened. Then with the cold they began to freeze back up only to be faced with some warm temps and rain again. There not safe yet. Don't base it on Charlie who always wants to be first out on the ice or I saw tracks so it must be safe. We had the warmest December on record this has not been a typical start to winter.

Whats the trail like from Lindsay to Haliburton. Is it worth going out tomorrow.

Understand that most lakes froze over just early last week then there were warm temps and rain some spots reopened. Then with the cold they began to freeze back up only to be faced with

some warm temps and rain again. There not

safe yet. Don't base it on Charlie who always

wants to be first out on the ice or I saw tracks so

it must be safe. We had the warmest December

on record this has not been a typical start to

winter.

I wouldn't go yet. I know a few cottagers over on eagle, will check with them in a few weeks to see what ice conditions are like. Usually head and moose and eagle ready first. Redstone can take allot longer and kennessis maybe forget about it this winter. Wait and see. Hoping trail 11 opens in three or so weeks! Fingers crossed!

I wouldn't go yet. I know a few cottagers over on eagle, will check with them in a few weeks to see what ice conditions are like. Usually head and moose and eagle ready first. Redstone can take allot longer and kennessis maybe forget about it this winter. Wait and see. Hoping trail 11 opens in three or so weeks! Fingers crossed!

the big lakes are wide open as of yesterday.

Moose is not an early open lake. Way too deep at the north end. Eagle is only 20-40' on average. Moose is well over 100'

Apparently all the trails are now closed.  From the facebook page "All Haliburton are CLOSED. Please stay off the trails until further details are provided by the club."

Read my post in the main clubhouse or PM me .

Thanks

Livin'

Read my post in the main clubhouse or PM me .

Thanks

Livin'

Sorry I didn't mean to sound like dick

It's cool, you didn't. just been answering to lots of folks despite trying to inform. I got a bit of a sh##t show on my hands.

Livin'

The B103 is now available as limited status from Kinmount to Haliburton. The HCSA website and OFSC IG will reflect this change in the next few hours.

Livin'

Thank you for your great work under difficult circumstances.

Thank you for your great work under difficult circumstances.

X2!

X2!

X3

x4

X5

Any word on the B to Whitney?  I haven't been in Hali in two weeks so I have no idea what the snows like now

Most trails in the HCSA system will be updated this evening or tomorrow morning.

Livin'

Most trails in the HCSA system will be updated this evening or tomorrow morning.

Livin'

Looking forward to being able to ride without trailering. :)

Archived