2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

I decided to run down to Toronto yesterday and get some work in during the "off-season" It had been raining for 2 days and as for the rail line I had called it in closed Saturday afternoon after I saw no hope of it recovering. It turned cold last nite and the guys I spoke to today said that what we had left was saved by the cold. The sad part is we had packed 80% of our trails with a first groomer run and we were some more cold and one more shot of snow from going live in most of the HCSA system. To answer your question, I have no idea when we can go again but we are ready to go as soon as the weather co-operates. I always post here when things change on our website and the OFSC interactive, so you all on OC will be the first to know!!

Livin'

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks livin appreciate the updates!!!  Lets hope for some snow up there!!  The weekend looks great and cold for the next 2 weeks to start making some ice as well, cmon snow!!!!

Didn't you get a nice dump of snow last night and today.

Nope. We only got about a centimetre since last night. Lots of very hard trails.

Hey 06 where are you located. Was in main clubhouse and somebody said they got 10" of snow on Sturgeon Lake, north of Lindsay. A couple of guys at work live in Lindsay and said they got snow overnight and was coming down hard this morning. The one guy showed me a picture from his house that his wife sent him this afternoon and it looked like there was a few inches on the ground.

Apparently, south of us got hit pretty good. I will call my buddy in Burnt River and see how far north the snow got. Ram, you watching?? Report please!!?? All reports I got today were it turned cold but not a lot of fresh snow in HCSA territory, Believe me the groomers want to go and I would know if something changed.

Livin'

I'm just north of Carnarvon. The snow stayed well south of Hali/Minden unfortunately. To make matters worse we had some idiot take his truck down the B at the Beech River bridge and leave 6-8" deep ice ruts. Judging by the B north of Carnarvon theres still a good base, about 6" of VERY hard snow. As long as people stayed off the trails on the weekend the base should still be pretty good,we just need some snow and more cold weather. Livin' would have a better handle on the overall Hali condition.

Hey 06 where are you located. Was in main clubhouse and somebody said they got 10" of snow on Sturgeon Lake, north of Lindsay. A couple of guys at work live in Lindsay and said they got snow overnight and was coming down hard this morning. The one guy showed me a picture from his house that his wife sent him this afternoon and it looked like there was a few inches on the ground.

Lindsay got hit hard .. I ran into Peterborough mid morning and hit a wall of whiteout on the 115. 

We got 5 cms easily and im north of the ganny ..

Thanks guys, as I said if we need to go I will know. jhrz06, we got less than south of us. IndyIan, I'll give the old snowman a text!! infernobuster, we will ride again soon but the TV snow didn't make it up to where it belongs... yet!!

Livin'

Fenelon Falls north to Haliburton today. Only one CM of snow. More in the forecast for the balance of the week. We need some of those squeals to come over this way!

A decent snow day down in Burnt River (20km south of Kinmount).  Snow squeals all day and about 7cm of snow so far.  Still coming down (on and off) as I type.  I hope we get much more so some trails can be opened for the weekend.

We've only gotten about 3 inches since the rain. Very frustrating looking at all the snow everyone else is getting. Forecast is for 10-15 over the next couple of days. 

We probably will have enough to re-open the rail line for this weekend, but the other trails that were previously packed got killed by the rain,winds caused some big blow downs on the previously cleared trails. HCSA will go as soon as the weather is in our favour and it won't take long to recover /open trails.

Livin'

We've only gotten about 3 inches since the rain. Very frustrating looking at all the snow everyone else is getting. Forecast is for 10-15 over the next couple of days.

Weird.. Hailburton use to get lots of snow. Last 5 or so winters have been a struggle snow wise in the area. Last year trails were awesome in mid Jan, even with low snow levels. Hopefully it changes soon.

Groomer just left Hali to do a run down the rail line. Hope to re-open that for tomorrow, and we will see how much snow we get in the next couple of days for the rest of the trails.

Livin'

Great News!   I hope KLSC can groom from Fenelon to Kinmount, giving us all a petty good run.

Going up next Thursday.  Any news on the ice conditions up there?

Most of the lakes up here just froze over this week. Bosh still isn't completely frozen. Head lake is usually the first to freeze.

Most of the lakes up here just froze over this week. Bosh still isn't completely frozen. Head lake is usually the first to freeze.

Usually I am the first one on it, around second or third week of December. Not this year. I can remember racing on that lake in mid December, because no one trusted any of the other lakes.

Great News! I hope KLSC can groom from Fenelon to Kinmount, giving us all a petty good run.

Well you got limited to Lindsay.

The rail line was groomed last nite and we got some bonus new snow as well. Watch for updates today on hcsa.ca or the OFSC IG. We will be out re-packing and re-clearing our other trails and the near future is looking good! I must restate that there is NO SAFE ICE IN HALIBURTON COUNTY!!! If it's not staked...DON'T GO!!

Livin'

Archived