2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Welcome to the 2015-16 seaon! Please use this thread to provide your observations regarding HCSA trail and snow conditions.

THINK SNOW!!! :icon_snow:

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back!  We have missed you!

Did you want borrow her!!?? Sorry I couldn't resist. She's mine for good now, we finally got married last summer! Let's hope this thread is as awesome as last year. Bring on the snow!!

Livin'

Did you want borrow her!!?? Sorry I couldn't resist. She's mine for good now, we finally got married last summer! Let's hope this thread is as awesome as last year. Bring on the snow!!

Livin'

Congratulations!   :icon_clapclap:

Thanks!!

Livin'

Welcome back!  We have missed you!

Congratulations!   :icon_clapclap:

Thanks x 2!

I'm studying for the PMP exam, need to get it out of the way before sledding season! Hi Ho Hi Ho... back to the books I go... :back:

• 1 month later...

Here is some stuff I need to put out there... Lots of good things going on at HCSA which many of you are aware, some new bridges, closed-re-routed trails now open,better PR and info sharing/early opening of trails etc. etc. Now, to the problems HCSA has been dealing with for the last couple of days. I am shocked to see the number of people riding EARLY OPENED TRAILS with no permit!! I am also once again fielding a lot of emails re speeding and BLOWING STOP SIGNS ON THE RAIL LINE. This was a problem last year as well, and as I am the first to promote the heck out of our area you have to remember lots of us LIVE here. Most of the stop signs on the B103 are either year round roads or active driveways to peoples homes, these mostly don't lead to summer cottages like some other areas. The OPP have been getting a # of complaints and in turn have stepped up their presence. The OPP here are very power sports friendly as are the towns. I would just hate to see this change after all the good things going on recently. Some of my concern may be selfish as I must drive over the rail line to get to my house and don't even want think how that would play out if something happened in my driveway. I am not saying that these actions are form the good folks at OC, but if you could just pass the info along through any other means that would be helpful!!

Livin'

You are so right. I was surprised yesterday to see how many of the railbed's OFSC stop signs are on ACTIVE residential driveways very close to the houses. We stopped at one driveway stop sign and there was a nice doggie sitting right at the trail side, waiting to be petted by the passing sledders??!!

The permit problem is ever where! Last couple of winters it has been getting better I hear. Still see sleds at restaurants in the middle of the week, no permit. Why doesn't someone go with the opp for a few hours, bust a few riders and give the info to hailburton highlands to publish. Sometimes that is all it takes. Thank-you for all

of your hard work.

The permit problem is ever where! Last couple of winters it has been getting better I hear. Still see sleds at restaurants in the middle of the week, no permit. Why doesn't someone go with the opp for a few hours, bust a few riders and give the info to hailburton highlands to publish. Sometimes that is all it takes. Thank-you for all

of your hard work.

I have often wondered why it is that with all the social media around we don't see pictures put up of people being caught without trail permits. Peer pressure seems to have a lot of effect these days. Imagine a cheaters and thieves topic.

I have often wondered why it is that with all the social media around we don't see pictures put up of people being caught without trail permits. Peer pressure seems to have a lot of effect these days. Imagine a cheaters and thieves topic.

I remember the local club here in southern Ontario (Baden snow surfers) had issues with Sledders riding closed trails. They went out with the police one Saturday morning and busted a few riders for trespassing! It went in the local paper next week, the word got out and next weekend, there was no traffic again. Word can get out fast. Everyone thinks they will never get caught.

Here is some stuff I need to put out there... Lots of good things going on at HCSA which many of you are aware, some new bridges, closed-re-routed trails now open,better PR and info sharing/early opening of trails etc. etc. Now, to the problems HCSA has been dealing with for the last couple of days. I am shocked to see the number of people riding EARLY OPENED TRAILS with no permit!! I am also once again fielding a lot of emails re speeding and BLOWING STOP SIGNS ON THE RAIL LINE. This was a problem last year as well, and as I am the first to promote the heck out of our area you have to remember lots of us LIVE here. Most of the stop signs on the B103 are either year round roads or active driveways to peoples homes, these mostly don't lead to summer cottages like some other areas. The OPP have been getting a # of complaints and in turn have stepped up their presence. The OPP here are very power sports friendly as are the towns. I would just hate to see this change after all the good things going on recently. Some of my concern may be selfish as I must drive over the rail line to get to my house and don't even want think how that would play out if something happened in my driveway. I am not saying that these actions are form the good folks at OC, but if you could just pass the info along through any other means that would be helpful!!

Livin'

Trail permits are likely to be a bigger issue in the future. You and Teener have made a huge difference in the HCSA 

Thanks Wildbill, and all the other folks taking notice! The trail from Kinmount to Haliburton took a beating yesterday. Never saw so many trucks and trailers in Kinmount before! The groomer was out last nite and it looks good to go another round.

Livin'

let's just say you shouldn't ride any other HCSA trails over next few... you could run into a groomer!!

And thank you gobills!

Livin'

Ok here goes, as mentioned in the other thread this is my HONEST opinion as to what is going on. HCSA got an early kick at the can and you all came in droves!! We were the earliest club to open along with Timberline and D6 was and still is blessed with some localized snow. HCSA has groomed the ONE snow event to its end. With eight days and six grooming cycles complete and a never before seen volume of traffic we can't groom tonite. The last groom was last nite and I rode it late in the day and you would not know it. The good news is 5 of our 6 groomers have been out packing and we are ahead of the game,80% of the trails are packed(unheard for our area) and the rain is actually freezing rain pellets at this time. The rest of D6 is ready for you and did not receive the traffic we had lately so you might want to drive an extra hour, don't worry, if we can, HCSA will be back in great shape next weekend!!

Livin'

Just went outside and we're getting very light snow just north of Carnarvon. Hoping it doesn't change to rain.

Ice pellets came and went, weather forecast has changed a lot. jrhz06, I owe you a phone call.

Livin'

I'm going to be home all weekend. Give me a call at your convenience.

Great job by  Haliburton. Trails were great on Thursday. I have never seen that much traffic on a weekday. Kawartha lakes portion was also good, except the side trails don't appear that they should be green or even yellow.

Rode the B103 Monday with my buddies and Friday with my daughter. Great job HCSA!

Awesome Job HCSA. Haven't rode the trails yet, but coming up in feb. Things are looking up in the area, which is a nice change. Thanks living and crew. Really noticed the difference last year. Our friend Fred would be proud and is watching from above I am sure. He was one of the few sticking up for the area when things

were bad. Never got to meet Him before he died. Keep up the great work and prey for more white gold!

Glad you all got some seat time in! Fred Q would be happy no doubt. As always, thanks for the kind words toward the team at HCSA!! With this rain though we are unhappy to announce the closure of the rail line B 103, and other trails remain closed.

Ok here goes, as mentioned in the other thread this is my HONEST opinion as to what is going on. HCSA got an early kick at the can and you all came in droves!! We were the earliest club to open along with Timberline and D6 was and still is blessed with some localized snow. HCSA has groomed the ONE snow event to its end. With eight days and six grooming cycles complete and a never before seen volume of traffic we can't groom tonite. The last groom was last nite and I rode it late in the day and you would not know it. The good news is 5 of our 6 groomers have been out packing and we are ahead of the game,80% of the trails are packed(unheard for our area) and the rain is actually freezing rain pellets at this time. The rest of D6 is ready for you and did not receive the traffic we had lately so you might want to drive an extra hour, don't worry, if we can, HCSA will be back in great shape next weekend!!

Livin'

Thanks for the info.  Any idea how far we are away from having the rail line opened again?

Archived