2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Sure it's green! It got groomed this morning! Actually, the groomer was on it and is returning to the Clubhouse now. All groomers are back or heading back. Lake stakes are coming out and trails will be updated to red in a bit. It was a wild ride this winter but I personally managed to get 3250 kms on my new sled. The groomer operators of HCSA went above and beyond this year to provide as much ride able trail for as long as possible, and cleaned up quickly after more melt downs than I care to remember. Thanks to all who helped and or supported the HCSA during this trying winter.

Livin'

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done, Livin' and team! :right_on:

Thanks everyone for everything you do. I know I was complaing about certain parts of the trail, but they did turn out great after a few passes with the groomer. Thanks fora great year working with what we had. Turns out this past weekend was the best of the year. Great job hcsa and all we can do is hope for more cold and snow next year. Cheers

Thanks for everything you guys did to make the season as good as mother nature would allow...

Thanks to everyone that bring us the trails we all enjoy. After a fabulous weekend for so many riders it is sad that the season is coming to such an abrupt end almost everywhere. Next season will be record early and prolonged snowfall... accuknee tells me so.

Thanks to Livin and all the groomers and volunteers. I only rode 920 km's this year but 600 of it was in the last week and a half, and all of it except for 80 km's in Gravenhurst was in your district. Lets hope for a long season next year to make up for it. Thanks again.

Thanks to all HCSA staff and volunteers for another successful snowmobile season. This winter proves that mother nature is still the boss!

We'll be back again next year, with 4 sleds and 4 trail passes ready to go.

Here is a pic from my front yard of the warm rain sucking the last gasps of life out of this wretched season. Maple Lake is usually in clear view beyond the trees.

post-23147-0-61591600-1457541458_thumb.jpg

going to be ugly getting the stakes off the lakes, pretty much have crews lined up to go tomorrow. If anyone can help PM me.

Livin'

warm rain sucking the last gasps of life out of this wretched season

Indeed.

Well put.

Lakes were a bit wet and foggy but pulling the stakes from Hawk, Clear and Red Pine got done today. Thanks for helping ChainsawCarver.

post-22300-0-16723800-1457641159_thumb.jpeg

going to be ugly getting the stakes off the lakes, pretty much have crews lined up to go tomorrow. If anyone can help PM me.

Livin'

It wasn't too bad.  just wet.

Thanks for a good year.  Every time I came home from school the trails were open.  

I even got to go from Kinmount, to Deep River, to South River, to Deep River and back to Kinmount.  1300 km of awesome trails, I couldn't ask for anything more. 

How do you get the stakes back out of the ice! I always wondered that?

How do you get the stakes back out of the ice! I always wondered that?

As you can see in the pic the lake is pretty wet. The stakes are only in about 4-6 inches and the ice has melted right around the stake but is still solid beneath the stake so it's pretty easy to pull them out. Most can be pulled without even getting off the quad. The odd one is still frozen in so a chainsaw doing plunge cuts around the post usually solves that problem. Only took us a couple of hours to pull the stakes from the 3 lakes we did. Total distance travelled on the lakes that day was 20 km. Had to go to end of stake line and work our way back. It was so foggy when we started that we probably wouldn't have made it back if we pulled them on the way out.

Lakes were a bit wet and foggy but pulling the stakes from Hawk, Clear and Red Pine got done today. Thanks for helping ChainsawCarver.

2BF26ECC-3F07-4FC8-96A1-136BE6CFC43E@home.jpeg

Beautiful photo.

As you can see in the pic the lake is pretty wet. The stakes are only in about 4-6 inches and the ice has melted right around the stake but is still solid beneath the stake so it's pretty easy to pull them out. Most can be pulled without even getting off the quad. The odd one is still frozen in so a chainsaw doing plunge cuts around the post usually solves that problem. Only took us a couple of hours to pull the stakes from the 3 lakes we did. Total distance travelled on the lakes that day was 20 km. Had to go to end of stake line and work our way back. It was so foggy when we started that we probably wouldn't have made it back if we pulled them on the way out.

X2 for Haliburton Lake.  Good thing I carry a compass....was used to cut through the fog from an island landmark to locate a portage trail.

• 2 weeks later...

Enough snow for one last ride? Lol

I'll let you know later tonite! There has been talk of such a thing.

Livin'

That would be awesome.

The Rail Line could be good for a run from Kinmount to Hali, but I wouldn't be skipping work tomorrow to come here. A few inches of snow and freezing rain right now, we will see what tomorrow brings!!?? Definitely only for the truly itchy.

Livin'

X2 for Haliburton Lake.  Good thing I carry a compass....was used to cut through the fog from an island landmark to locate a portage trail.

A compass... what's a compass.... I seem to recall what a compass was.... do they still make them? :D

A compass... what's a compass.... I seem to recall what a compass was.... do they still make them? :D

It's the thing that still works when the GPS craps out.

It's the thing that still works when the GPS craps out.

... and not talking about a compass app on a smartphone either. :)

Archived