2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No fun pushing the red button!! Half expected a gloved hand to come out of the screen and throttle me!! It's just what needs to get done. A little snow and some cold temps and we are good again. Good to hear support from you guys for hard decisions made. Thanks!

Livin'

Lets all do the snow dance and hope we get the snow that been on again off again called for tomorrow!

Thank you to everyone involved (especially volunteers) in getting the HCSA trails ready for us to ride this year. Even with terrible weather conditions, the trails were ready for my son and I to enjoy two day trips so far this season. Two weeks ago we did B103 Gelert to Lindsay and back, and this past Saturday we did Top B Carvarvon to Whitney and back. I was very impressed with the trail condition through Algonquin Park, hopefully this recent rain doesn't cause too much damage.

Hi ETV. Welcome to the forum.

smokeater466, I know you have seen this before. It will come, but about a week ago I admitted defeat. The season IS late starting! ETV, thanks for the review and glad you got out and welcome to the forum. Re:Leaf, good to hear from you! Keep posting, it's gonna turn for the better!!

Livin'

gobills, and anyone that has interest in the BBQ it is still on for Family Day weekend. For info go to www.hcsa.ca

Livin'

this winter been a killer on doing k's thats for sure, thanks for doing what u do

I hope Haliburton didn't get too much rain yesterday

4 inches of water on the lakes

Yikes. I hope they didn't open up.

Yikes. I hope they didn't open up.

4" of water on 10" of ice. Think I will stay off. Should get better soon I hope.

there is no snow to work with at this time, our prospects of grooming ANYHING in the near future are grim. All staff and machines are on standby and as usual, are ready to go on short notice. Of greater concern is the lack of connectivity of trails province wide, and I am getting the sense that won't be resolved this season. Ride where you can, while you can. Looks like I will need to pull the trailer out next week!!

Livin'

there is no snow to work with at this time, our prospects of grooming ANYHING in the near future are grim. All staff and machines are on standby and as usual, are ready to go on short notice. Of greater concern is the lack of connectivity of trails province wide, and I am getting the sense that won't be resolved this season. Ride where you can, while you can. Looks like I will need to pull the trailer out next week!!

Livin'

Sad to hear. At least you guys were ready when the snow was here. Thanks for your effort Livin.

Got an inch of snow just now and still falling here by maple lake and the B trial. Hope it keeps going. Lots of snow in my woods probably still a foot.

My trials in the woods are great. Just a little more snow around here and trails could open.

We rode the forest last weekend and it was great. Considering the weather I would go back in a minute. Silver Maple hotel was great as well. Good place to stay.

Got an inch of snow just now and still falling here by maple lake and the B trial. Hope it keeps going. Lots of snow in my woods probably still a foot.

My trials in the woods are great. Just a little more snow around here and trails could open.

That's great to hear. The Weather Network is calling for 40%-70% chance of snow Mon - Wed

I see all of the trails are still closed around the Halliburton Forest. I was wondering if anyone has been out to look?

If we got 4-6 inches of snow this week with the forecasted cold temperatures, what are the odds a few trails would be passable next weekend, Valentines day?

Booked a pass at the Forest just in case.

Jim

I see all of the trails are still closed around the Halliburton Forest. I was wondering if anyone has been out to look?

If we got 4-6 inches of snow this week with the forecasted cold temperatures, what are the odds a few trails would be passable next weekend, Valentines day?

Booked a pass at the Forest just in case.

Jim

I have no idea how most the area is. If they open, I am sure Livin will tell us here first.

I'm sure a few will be passable. There is a good base out there just not enough snow. Let's hope there wrong and we get a foot or more lol maybe the weather man will be wrong in the opposite direction for a change lol

Hi All, don't really have anything good to report on new snow, none that lasted. We get an inch and lose 2!! We have been poking around the HCSA trails but don't really need to go look, what we are seeing is what is expected without snow. The colder temps are setting up the lakes and if we get snow we can make some decent trails on very short notice. 

J-Fly, 4-6 might just do the trick!! As always, this is the place to be to hear it from the club first. Either way we will do some reporting here and on our website as the long weekend approaches. Trust me, the businesses in Hali County want sledders bad!!

Livin'

Sounds like I need to pack the 4 wheeler for the long weekend. That ought to make it snow! Look forward to the updates later in the week. Thank-you guys!

Archived