Ice Scratchers

DaveTess

They are available at Royal.  The A Arm mount is available separately.

They are available at Royal.  The A Arm mount is available separately.

Thanks, SJ.  I have another iron in the fire... ;)  but just thought I'd ask, for future reference.

I deal with Strictly Recreation in Shelbure. Great bunch. Kate is wonderful wealth of knowledge and can get anything you need.

Strictly Recreation e-mail partssr@outlook.com Ask for Kate.

$115 for the 15" ones and $13 bucks for the A arm mount.

I deal with Strictly Recreation in Shelbure. Great bunch. Kate is wonderful wealth of knowledge and can get anything you need.

Thanks, Dave.

$13 for the A-arm mount doesn't seem right, they're almost $40 each at Royal.  I believe you're thinking of the rail "storage" mounts ($13 ea at Royal).  I picked up a set of the long scratchers at Novi this year for $70 USD.  The A-arm clamps were about $25 USD each.

I'll be mounting mine to the skis using an easily removable bracket idea I saw at both the Toronto and Novi Shows (easily duplicated) but I do like the clamp idea just not the price.

That was the quote from Kate. I have sent hera e-mail this morning to be surewhat she has quoted. Thanks.

I recall looking at those SLP scratchers before, but didn't know they had the a-arm mounting option.... As mentioned, interesting!!!

Decisions, decisions!!!!

Dave,

Did you ever notice the Yamaha scratchers had been hitting the belly pan at all from bouncing???

TY!

Moosifer,

I missed the removable ski mount at the Novi show. Do you have any pics by chance?

TY!!

I recall looking at those SLP scratchers before, but didn't know they had the a-arm mounting option.... As mentioned, interesting!!!

Decisions, decisions!!!!

Dave,

Did you ever notice the Yamaha scratchers had been hitting the belly pan at all from bouncing???

TY!

We had them on the sled for four years and never had a problem. Replaced the tips once. They worked great and I never had an issue with the sliders. That's why I have been hunting around for something similar for the new sled. Brand new to Ski Doo and I really didn't like the rail mounted ones. Like the spray to start at the front and work back, not start part way down the rail.

Moosifer,

I missed the removable ski mount at the Novi show. Do you have any pics by chance?

TY!!

They were at the end of the table with the guy selling the Fitch Fuel Catalyst and had sample bottles of fuel with different additives.

Here is a pdf of the flyer

Cool & Lube.pdf

We had them on the sled for four years and never had a problem. Replaced the tips once. They worked great and I never had an issue with the sliders. That's why I have been hunting

around for something similar for the new sled.

Brand new to Ski Doo and I really didn't like the

rail mounted ones. Like the spray to start at the

front and work back, not start part way down the

rail.

I hardly doubt you will have issue's with the doo sliders. I have 7200 kms and haven't changed mine yet. There have been s few times I have run hot, but sled has never shut down on me. Good luck with the scratcher selection.

They were at the end of the table with the guy selling the Fitch Fuel Catalyst and had sample bottles of fuel with different additives.

Here is a pdf of the flyer

attachicon.gifCool & Lube.pdf

TY!!! Somehow I completely missed those! If anyone buys or makes a set, post up how it works out please.

Dave,

TY for the feedback.

I have only had one trip where I ran a little warm, trails were iced over, and I didn't have studs at the time. Have them now, just need time to install them. Not sure if that would have made enough of a difference though. So that's why I am considering scratchers. Though I know when we are up riding in D13 I haven't needed scratchers, not yet anyway.

here is an option for those that like rail options, and the spring steel style. look at the pics in the bottom of the page add... you can back up. and they flip out of the way... not harming them in reverse.

http://www.gobigparts.com/ICE-STORM-REVERSIBLE-ICE-SCRATCHER-BY-OVER-THE-TOP-PERFORMANCE.html

remember these were originally designed for mountain sleds with ALOT LONGER SLIDE RAILS, to cool them and save mountain sled hifax. the late season trail riders, jumped on this, years later and with the shorter rails... it does make the spray go further to the rear of the sled. the snow flaps do catch some of the spray and direct it to the track lugs to get to the front heat exchangers and slide rails for hyfax. Ski

have used duraflex scratchers on 15 zr6000 as well as zr8000 when trails are hard and it is really cold both sleds would flash temp put scratchers down and they would run cool until trail softens good product have bought second set for new 16 zr 8000 

i have been looking into scratchers my self and this has helped me decide thank you!!!

Archived