Snowcrest weekly group rides 2016

Blake G

I knew you were up on Jan 30. That's our Annual Pancake Ride! We've had a dozen or two OC'ers participate in past years. Assuming there are open trails, there will be a great opportunity for a bunch of us to get together.

Sounds good Blake. I let Ty know about the 30th and the 6th. Hopefully he wil make it up for a ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, SNOTOW

Hey Blake: I would be interested in participating on a weekday ride. I would also volunteer to lead or sweep.

You have an hockey stick with a red flag on it?

Hey Blake: I would be interested in participating on a weekday ride. I would also volunteer to lead or sweep. 

That is good news, SNOTOW !

I will send you a personal message.

In feb I would be interested in a mid week ride. See what happens.

The club is trying hard to get a route opened between Gravenhurst and Walker's Point, in anticipation of the January 30th Pancake Breakfast. Groomers, operators and volunteers have been out, clearing limbs, leveling the trail, and trying to pack the wet spots so they freeze. No promises, but they are optimistic that the route will be open in time, in limited condition. More snow would help.

The club is trying hard to get a route opened between Gravenhurst and Walker's Point, in anticipation of the January 30th Pancake Breakfast. Groomers, operators and volunteers have been out, clearing limbs, leveling the trail, and trying to pack the wet spots so they freeze. No promises, but they are optimistic that the route will be open in time, in limited condition. More snow would help.

HI Blake. .. I hear snowmobilers always look for the wet spot ;) hehe I am cleaning my sled tomorrow morning for January 30th but will drive up for the event.

Another scenario would be to have those driving to meet in Gravenhurst then convoy to Walker's Point. Just a suggestion.

Cheers

Oddly enough, my first (and only) Snowcrest Pancake Breakfast was a drive up with daughter.

We then snowmobiled in the Wasaga area later in the day (more snow, that year).

Not unusual (until you walk through the front door). 

Another scenario would be to have those driving to meet in Gravenhurst then convoy to Walker's Point. Just a suggestion.

Cheers

We'll convoy from the wharf - - by 4 wheels if necessary, but hopefully by sled.

Doesn't look like there will be any snow this weekend. Think i will have to cancel and hope there's some snow for the group ride on Feb. 6th. Will keep checking for updates.

Doesn't look like there will be any snow this weekend. Think i will have to cancel and hope there's some snow for the group ride on Feb. 6th. Will keep checking for updates.

How are the three lakes coming in the area?

Don't know about Rosseau and Joseph, but there are definitely tracks heading out from the Wharf in Gravenhurst on Lk Muskoka. I went out for a hundred yards today and did not die. At least one shack out in Muskoka Bay. Not sure about the big part of the lake north of the Narrows, though.

are we sledders or auto drivers....give blake $ 20 ea(for club) when we meet at bro cabin between burks falls & sundridge.saturday morning... I don't like it either...been last few yrs & always interesting how many pancakes bill can eat...but meet in trucks...so pre-season material...grab some handwarmers & get in the game...not like most of you guys got work Monday...02 ?

LOL

How are the three lakes coming in the area?

a buddy from hydro said they flew over lk muskoka yesterday , and there is a big open section from mouth of Muskoka river ( Bracebridge) down towards Gravenhurst, calling for +4 on Sun here ,stay off the ice boys 

That's known to be a treacherous area some years. Especially this year, by the sounds of things! Thanks for the heads up.

Archived