Snowcrest weekly group rides 2016

Blake G

We had a good response to weekly group rides last winter, so we plan to try a similar approach this coming season. 

It may be a little early to start this thread, but I thought some people might like to plan in advance. The Marriott at the Muskoka Wharf tends to fill up on winter weekends, so some folks might consider making early bookings if they plan to spend the night and sled all weekend.

Our club website has a page with the season's events, including the weekly group rides:  http://snowcrestriders.com/events-2

post-22473-0-47842500-1446872773_thumb.jpg

Here is another link that goes directly to our online Weekly Ride Schedule: https://docs.google....gifI/edit#gid=0    

These rides are most definitely open to all sledders with OFSC trail permits, not just Snowcrest members. We are certainly hoping to participate in another two-club ride with the Baxter Snow Riders. (I hope you hear that, 02 and Canuck ! )

We are looking for sledders interested in working as volunteer Ride Leaders and Tail Gunners.

I also look forward to meeting lots of you guys for mid-week rides !!!!

All we need now is WINTER.

Looking forward to more group rides this season. Thanks Blake

Hi Blake... ever thought of an overnighter. Perhaps we could do a combined club overnight to somewhere. I am guessing to be inclusive for as many as possible about 130 - 140 kms one way and a reasonably nice place, not too rustic to spend the night with good food available. Especially butter tarts

Hi Blake... ever thought of an overnighter. Perhaps we could do a combined club overnight to somewhere. I am guessing to be inclusive for as many as possible about 130 - 140 kms one way and a reasonably nice place, not too rustic to spend the night with good food available. Especially butter tarts

Ride to edgewater would be awesome. Not sure I would want to ride back on a Sunday though. I have done it from bracebridge and it is a really nice ride up top d.

The idea of overnight riding may be of interest to some of us, but is not something we plan to pursue as one of this winter's Snowcrest Riders weekly group rides.

We are going to continue to promote day trips only, as far as the club is concerned.

It might be an idea to start another thread for OC'ers to discuss ideas involving overnight rides in Central Ontario or elsewhere.

BRAAAPPP

The idea of overnight riding may be of interest to some of us, but is not something we plan to pursue as one of this winter's Snowcrest Riders weekly group rides.

We are going to continue to promote day trips

only, as far as the club is concerned.

It might be an idea to start another thread for OC'ers to discuss ideas involving overnight rides in Central Ontario or elsewhere.

BRAAAPPP

Well said Blake! Look forward to riding one day trip this year.

I look forward to a SnowBax ride this year. Last year was great. We need to do it again

Great schedule, Blake G. Lookin' forward to the SnowBax ride again this year.

Just wanted to say thanks to Blake and company for doing these rides, hope to get out on one this year..

Hopeing to get up there for a couple group rides this winter. Had a good time last year.

will have to come down for one of them.

will have to come down for one of them.

How you been this summer Capster? Looking forward to seeing you and Cat guy again...

doing ok..Getting anxious for cold n snow!

see ya soon... Not sure I will be able to keep up with that new red rocket

doing ok..Getting anxious for cold n snow!

see ya soon... Not sure I will be able to keep up with that new red rocket

lol, that's what smoke breaks are for...letting the Yamahahahahaha riders catch up...

lol, that's what smoke breaks are for...letting the Yamahahahahaha riders catch up...

I'm cuttin' my snow flap because of that one. 

(wonder if Slomo will notice)

When I'm behind a Polaris - I can have my cigar while driving........

When I'm behind a Polaris - I can have my cigar while driving........

lol...still brings a smile thinking about that day of riding... you and your cigars....great time Jeff...

The idea of overnight riding may be of interest to some of us, but is not something we plan to pursue as one of this winter's Snowcrest Riders weekly group rides.

We are going to continue to promote day trips only, as far as the club is concerned.

It might be an idea to start another thread for OC'ers to discuss ideas involving overnight rides in Central Ontario or elsewhere.

BRAAAPPP

Those readers looking for tips on "online dating" should review this post and see how deftly Blake was able to deny O2Sled a night together. Blake protected O2's feelings while protecting his own undercarriage. Very smooth.

Those readers looking for tips on "online dating" should review this post and see how deftly Blake was able to deny O2Sled a night together. Blake protected O2's feelings while protecting his own undercarriage. Very smooth.

only the mouse could look at things this way...

A fellow can't be too careful.

post-22473-0-05524800-1447450861_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And he thought they said, "we're taking you to get tutored" !!

Hahahaha! I can't even get my cat in the car now after a few vet trips.

• 1 month later...

Just looking at interactive guide. Under snow tours, there's the Lake Muskoka magic tour. It's 125 km's around Lake Muskoka. Would that be possible for a group ride.

Sounds good, Terry. I added it to the schedule for February 6th. If this date doesn't work for you, please let me know.

I've got a room booked at the Marriot on Jan. 30. Nothing available on Feb. 6, but i'll drive up for the day and go home after. It's only an hour and a half or so. Sounds good Blake.

Archived