North Americas Top Sledder - I'm in

lucrestyle

1/4 FINALS ON UPDATE

I  received an email that the contest organizers have noticed some 'vote manipulation' happening ... ie.. 'cheating' ... they are tightening things up and will be verifying entries... they explained this 

"voters will be required to accept a confirmation email. Once the voter accepts this email, he/she will be added to the database of secure voters and will not be required to confirm the same email address." ---

I encourage anyone who will help and vote daily to register on their first vote, if you don't receive a confirmation email let me know.. I also firmly believe that 'cheating' to win this is a dirty move and 100% disqualifies you as a 'real' snowmobiler in my mind.

nats14_zpsixkwlhew.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

done

voting for guy from timmins right now...corbeil

Ditto, been voting for Matthew Corbeil everyday as well, will be interesting to see who wins it...

done

voting for guy from timmins right now...corbeil

x3

"Confirmation" went straight to my Spam Folder. Retrieved it and vote counted. Go Team!

My Vote is in today. Best of luck Jeff!!!!

Voted. Then re-direted to Ski-Doo website lol. Go Team Yellow :-P

Wow - changing the voting procedure 3/4 of the way through the contest?  Looks like low hanging fruit for a lawyer whose client isn't happy with the eventual outcome of the contest. Double whammy as the contest is North American and subject to both Canadian law and U.S. legislation on raffles, contests, and lotteries.

Wow - changing the voting procedure 3/4 of the way through the contest? Looks like low hanging fruit for a lawyer whose client isn't happy with the eventual outcome of the contest. Double whammy as the contest is North American and subject to both Canadian law and U.S. legislation on raffles, contests, and lotteries.

Hmmm very true... I wouldn't go that route

Thanks for the support guys!!

New day today and that means you can vote again... I'm only a few points away from first place - every vote counts and is very much appreciated. Each vote gets you a ballot to win some great prizes... Remember you must confirm your email for your vote to count!!

Vote Jeff Mcgirr

https://www.supertraxmag.com/nats/

Good political move... that picture should get you some votes from the east Indian snowmobile community. :D

Thanks for all the support guys!!! Only 3% difference to first place! Please keep voting and if you have a family member or friend that will vote it will help big time

Hmmm very true... I wouldn't go that route

Thanks for the support guys!!

New day today and that means you can vote again... I'm only a few points away from first place - every vote counts and is very much appreciated. Each vote gets you a ballot to win some great prizes... Remember you must confirm your email for your vote to count!!

Vote Jeff Mcgirr

Probably not, but you might find yourself and your entry in some difficulty if someone determines that you may have disqualified yourself. The long form rules for this contest don't seem to be available, but as per the short form rules published, if a business relationship - i.e. contra or sponsorship deal for your new sled can be determined, advertising for Giesler the BRP dealer would side line your entry.

post-19713-0-37149800-1450606518_thumb.p

Of greater concern to voters though, might be your use of a modified exhaust system on Ontario trails - a self entitled quest for 2 or 3 horsepower puts the trails at risk for other sledders. The MBRP manufacturer refuses to post decibel levels, your unqualified opinion as to how loud the exhaust is means dick compared to the opinion of a landowner who is tired of all the noise, and decides to close off their property. Is that the characteristic of a true snowmobiler?

post-19713-0-84177600-1450606541_thumb.p

As for other complaints, make no mistake about it, this contest is solely about who can bring in the largest number of votes, and not about anyone's qualifications for top snowmobiler.  If the contest organizers were so amateurish as to not see what was going to happen, they should have given the job of running the contest to professionals.

Frankly sir, I admire your commitment to both snowmobiling and ATVing, you provide a good service through your writing and in particular through your lists of things, but when my bullshit meter goes into the red, I feel compelled to point certain things out.

Probably not, but you might find yourself and your entry in some difficulty if someone determines that you may have disqualified yourself. The long form rules for this contest don't seem to be available, but as per the short form rules published, if a business relationship - i.e. contra or sponsorship deal for your new sled can be determined, advertising for Giesler the BRP dealer would side line your entry.

attachicon.gifcontest rules.png

Of greater concern to voters though, might be your use of a modified exhaust system on Ontario trails - a self entitled quest for 2 or 3 horsepower puts the trails at risk for other sledders. The MBRP manufacturer refuses to post decibel levels, your unqualified opinion as to how loud the exhaust is means dick compared to the opinion of a landowner who is tired of all the noise, and decides to close off their property. Is that the characteristic of a true snowmobiler?

attachicon.gifsled.png

As for other complaints, make no mistake about it, this contest is solely about who can bring in the largest number of votes, and not about anyone's qualifications for top snowmobiler.  If the contest organizers were so amateurish as to not see what was going to happen, they should have given the job of running the contest to professionals.

Frankly sir, I admire your commitment to both snowmobiling and ATVing, you provide a good service through your writing and in particular through your lists of things, but when my bullshit meter goes into the red, I feel compelled to point certain things out.

i can address all of those things and appreciate your bullshit meter... 

1. I was not and am not sponsored by Giesler Marine, I paid hard earned money for my new sled and ordered it just like everyone else. I promote them because they are my local dealer and provide exception service. 

2.  I have not used this exhaust on "Ontario Trails" and when 'trail riding' will more than likely use my stock exhaust, I will however use this on the track and in very remote locations. I will not be out at 2am riding beside people homes going BRAAP BRAAP all night. If i do use it on public trails i will be ride respectively. 9/10 TIMES ITS NOT THE EXHAUST THAT HAS CLOSED TRAILS ITS A$$HAT RIDERS WHO HAVE NO RESPECT! This could be someone on a t-cat, mach z, yamaha srx, formula z and or many other sleds from the past including the ole 96 380... BIG DIFFERENCE in new tech vs old.

turn up volume - 380cc fan vs 800 etec with MBRP trail can at idle 

We must start to move from attacking the can to attacking and shunning the disrespectful riders who use modified and or loud exhaust in the wrong areas at the wrong times. We must also work with Ontario job creating and tax paying businesses who build these exhausts so that they are built to acceptable standards that meet noise levels. I truly believe the law needs updating to allow aftermarket exhausts, especially for the vast amounts of 1996-2006 sleds that are now experiencing muffler rot and getting louder, the cost to replace a stock is $700-$900 meanwhile a aftermarket system is $300-$400.... this need to eventually change along with riders habits and attitudes... i'll tell you that in my years of experience in general the person or landowner complaining doesn't know the difference between the stock sled and one with a can at 2am behind their house.. all they know is some jacka$$ snowmobiler is out in the middle of the night riding around like a drunk hooligan.

just as a comparison, some 8 years ago i started taking on the 'backcountry' riding epidemic that was TABOO at the OFSC and in the clubs, at that time i worked for the OFSC and received a lot of slack for my weekend riding habits both from clubs and online, now 8 years later i sit on a ofsc backcountry task force to look at how we can adopt and grow with this trend in snowmobiling...( IT TOOK 8 YEARS TO GET TO THIS POINT - something we should have started 8 years ago).

i want the same evolution for the aftermarket exhaust...and will be taking on the rider habit side of having an aftermakret exhaust to start to create change - like it or not people are still buying these exhausts even though the OFSC and its clubs for over 15 years SHUNNED their use... did this campaign work? i don't think so.... so i'm going to take on a grass routes approach to change and try and work with the riding community and manufacturers to create this change.... worth a shot no? 

and yes, this contest is 100% about votes, thats why i'm asking the OC community to lend a hand and help me give some votes, weather i win or loose the title i will continue to do great things for our sport and help advance it..... even if some of these things create some controversy ... believe me that i'm always working for the best of the sport here in ontario even if you disagree with how i go about it. 

so team up with me and give me a hand! VOTE HERE https://www.supertraxmag.com/nats/ 

23_zps9wyxliw5.jpg

i see some points slomo is making. one thing I see is, this type of contest is nothing more than a popularity contest, and in my opinion, cheapens the title "North America's top sledder".  campaigning for votes, allowing one person to cast multiple votes, and multiple votes a day, due to multiple email accounts, is not fair, or in good sportsmanship,  or even in the spirit of this type of title.

I know it may be within the rules but, personally.. I would have more respect for those that would pull out of something like this, than what I would feel like if I won a contest like this, under those rules and circumstances.  

Jeff, your accomplishments, passion, time put in, ambassadorship to the sport,  make you the MVP of snowmobiling in Ontario, the great lakes region, and quite possibly north America. in my opinion, you don't need this title to be validated. we as the hard core, year round on and offtrail snowmobilers, that support you, and respect you, are your validation... no matter where you finish in the contest.  

my .02 Ski

Copy of my NBSC Facebook post follows:

As NBSC Club President I am asking our Members and Supporters to help elect Mattawa & Area Snowmobile Club Vice President Jeff McGirr as North America's 'Snowmobilers of the Year'.

Jeff formerly worked for the OFSC and is currently the Director of the Mattawa-Bonfield Economic Development Corporation and more importantly is the most avid Snowmobiler I have ever encountered.

He has helped NBSC enormously including the design of our new Trail Map boards which are being completed in the next few days. He was instrumental in developing the new 'Explorers Route Loop' that received Ontario Tourism Development Funding and which benefits NBSC, MASC and BSC. He is a creative writer, photographer and videographer of Ontario Snowmobiling. He lives and breathes snowmobiling.

Fellow Snowmobilers, please take a few minutes every day over the next week to assist Jeff in becoming the North American 'Snowmobiler of the Year'. You can win prizes and Jeff has now reached the 1/4 finals and he needs your vote now to continue on.

Here is the link:

On your first day of voting you will get a confirmation email to verify that the email address you use is in fact yours. Once you hit the Confirmation Link then all you need to do thereafter is to fill in the form.

i see some points slomo is making. one thing I see is, this type of contest is nothing more than a popularity contest, and in my opinion, cheapens the title "North America's top sledder".  campaigning for votes, allowing one person to cast multiple votes, and multiple votes a day, due to multiple email accounts, is not fair, or in good sportsmanship,  or even in the spirit of this type of title.

I know it may be within the rules but, personally.. I would have more respect for those that would pull out of something like this, than what I would feel like if I won a contest like this, under those rules and circumstances.  

Jeff, your accomplishments, passion, time put in, ambassadorship to the sport,  make you the MVP of snowmobiling in Ontario, the great lakes region, and quite possibly north America. in my opinion, you don't need this title to be validated. we as the hard core, year round on and offtrail snowmobilers, that support you, and respect you, are your validation... no matter where you finish in the contest.  

my .02 Ski

Thanks so much Skidoyboy - i agree i don't need this title as validation, if anything I don't want validation for me efforts.. i just want to Go Snowmobiling :) - however i'm in this contest so i might as well try my best to win!  thank you very much for your kind words. 

Copy of my NBSC Facebook post follows:

As NBSC Club President I am asking our Members and Supporters to help elect Mattawa & Area Snowmobile Club Vice President Jeff McGirr as North America's 'Snowmobilers of the Year'.

Jeff formerly worked for the OFSC and is currently the Director of the Mattawa-Bonfield Economic Development Corporation and more importantly is the most avid Snowmobiler I have ever encountered.

He has helped NBSC enormously including the design of our new Trail Map boards which are being completed in the next few days. He was instrumental in developing the new 'Explorers Route Loop' that received Ontario Tourism Development Funding and which benefits NBSC, MASC and BSC. He is a creative writer, photographer and videographer of Ontario Snowmobiling. He lives and breathes snowmobiling.

Fellow Snowmobilers, please take a few minutes every day over the next week to assist Jeff in becoming the North American 'Snowmobiler of the Year'. You can win prizes and Jeff has now reached the 1/4 finals and he needs your vote now to continue on.

Here is the link:

On your first day of voting you will get a confirmation email to verify that the email address you use is in fact yours. Once you hit the Confirmation Link then all you need to do thereafter is to fill in the form.

Thank you very much Brian, coming from you the words above mean a ton! thanks very much! 

Vote Here - https://www.supertraxmag.com/nats/

13_zpsze5c1bp9.jpg

The mag is sending reminders. Vote's in today. Good luck.

Archived