North Americas Top Sledder - I'm in

lucrestyle

Good luck and enjoy your new sled.

thanks, i hope my explanation clarified your questions... 

please keep voting i'm gaining ground on 1st place

enjoy this video of my buddy justin getting smoked by his own sled

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for getting this clarified.

All I know that Jeff is the most avid Snowmobiler I could ever imagine, he is involved positively in every type of snowmobile organizational level, provincial, District and Club level, both as an idea person and as a doer and facilitator.

He donates his time to other Clubs to help them develop tourism loops and maps.

His photos, videos and writing are excellent in promoting our sport over such a broad spectrum of interests.

He is a family man who really tries to support his community. He has organized with our Cottage Association to help win a battle against Wind Turbines (one of very few groups to accomplish that in Ontario by the way) and he is helping us with government dock repairs and other projects.

The least I can do is to take two minutes to vote for him 4 times a day, every day until this little contest is over.

thanks, i hope my explanation clarified your questions... 

On that issue yes. I'm sure in the interest of clarity, openess and fairness, you will be explaining the same thing regards your new sled to prospective voters on the other forums - Freedom Sledder, DooTalk, HardCore Sledder in one of your blurbs for support. Once again, good luck.

He is a family man who really tries to support his community. He has organized with our Cottage Association to help win a battle against Wind Turbines (one of very few groups to accomplish that in Ontario by the way) and he is helping us with government dock repairs and other projects.

He is indeed a great candidate. Please stop undermining him by mentioning his opposition to wind power. This is a sledding competition.

Or was that a typo? You meant Wind Turbans?

post-19713-0-55500200-1447496397_thumb.j

Sorry, couldn't resist. Nice picture.

(I do support wind energy)

Jeff's got my vote.

Surprised you can vote daily - will give'r a go Sat and Sun.

_

Edit - those days and today. Might as well vote every day.

if you have multiple email addresses you can vote multiple times in one day... just back arrow and put in the new email address and change the I am not a robot number at the bottom

Thanks Brian for the kind words - I love being involved in snowmobiling - so many great people in this sport

and... yes i've been to India and sported my ski-doo gear.. this christmas we have friends coming from India, and i'll be taking them snowmobiling for the first time!! 

natstaj_zpsbxkctyna.jpg

keep voting i'm catching up big time now... only 7.6% difference to first! every vote counts :bc:

and a video for today

this was my fav day on the ramps - 

Please tell me you had permission to play in that area. Looks like a gravel pit in the background. Kids see this and think it is ok to go play in these type of area's. South loses trail ever year because of people trespassing!

Please tell me you had permission to play in that area. Looks like a gravel pit in the background. Kids see this and think it is ok to go play in these type of area's. South loses trail ever year because of people trespassing!

yeah they trailer in that super kicker into somebody else's gravel pit, bring a plow, and plow it, oh an make a 20ft high landing. 

Its a friends property in Timmins. The town also uses the property for a snow dump. A great playground he has set up....

I have often thought that the OFSC should be making a better effort to attract different cultures to the sport. Politicians Jason Kenney1 and now Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown2 have built huge constituencies for their organizations by the energetic meeting and encouraging various ethnic groups. Should you win the North America's Top Sledder title, you would certainly gain some street cred with the title, in addition to this documented ability to be astride different cultures, you could follow up with strategies similar to Messers. Kenney and Brown for the benefit of Ontario sledding. Fits right in with your stated intentions to continue promotion of the sport.

Wouldn't be to hard to finance at a net 0% increase in expenses, while keeping within the more Money On Trails approach - fire the current OFSC communicators, who, in my opinion, have done nothing in this regard at all.

1. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/the-smiling-buddha-and-his-multicultural-charms/article4388303/?page=all

2. http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/09/ontario-progressive-conservatives-to-crown-new-leader

yes, its private property - friend owns it.. 

yeah they trailer in that super kicker into somebody else's gravel pit, bring a plow, and plow it, oh an make a 20ft high landing. 

ha! yup! we used a loader and bull dozer for this.. check out this vid of our 'snow dump track" 

Its a friends property in Timmins. The town also uses the property for a snow dump. A great playground he has set up....

it was fun while it lasted, now i'm geting old and it scares me...

I have often thought that the OFSC should be making a better effort to attract different cultures to the sport. Politicians Jason Kenney1 and now Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown2 have built huge constituencies for their organizations by the energetic meeting and encouraging various ethnic groups. Should you win the North America's Top Sledder title, you would certainly gain some street cred with the title, in addition to this documented ability to be astride different cultures, you could follow up with strategies similar to Messers. Kenney and Brown for the benefit of Ontario sledding. Fits right in with your stated intentions to continue promotion of the sport.

Wouldn't be to hard to finance at a net 0% increase in expenses, while keeping within the more Money On Trails approach - fire the current OFSC communicators, who, in my opinion, have done nothing in this regard at all.

1. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/the-smiling-buddha-and-his-multicultural-charms/article4388303/?page=all

2. http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/09/ontario-progressive-conservatives-to-crown-new-leader

its funny your bring that up, we have family - and i say family because that is how we feel about each other, coming over from India at Christmas time - guess whats on the bucket list.. snowmobiling!!! i will be writing an article on it too! expect an article in a future issue of gosnow mag! years back i also took a student friend sledding, he was from Nigeria and had never seen snow before...he had rode motorcycles all his life so i let him loose on my sled on Lake Bernard.. he came back thrilled and then asked "wow that is a big field, what do they grow on it"  to which i responded "thats a 200 foot deep frozen fresh water lake"  :) 

thanks for the votes guys - please keep them coming i'm gaining ground! less than 6% to first place now! 

We live in such a large country that is so different from so many other places that visitors see some things often in awe and at times disbelief. We took a visitor from England to Wasaga Beach. The comment was that they had no idea we were that close to the ocean. Totally amazed to realize it was just a bay off of an even bigger lake and on top of that it wasn't the biggest lake... showed them a map and heard wow..

Keep on sledding.... 3 more votes early this morning.

During a group hug at the Heart of Ontario Snowmobiling Open House today, consensus was reached that Jeff McGirr was a good candidate.

Someone groped me.....felt kind good  :wub:

Must have been when I was at the BBQ.  Missed out again :wtf:

Yes, the consensus was to see Jeff as the guy to vote for. ontariof7, I kinda thought I felt something inappropriate as well. That slomo guy looked pretty happy when he left, just vote for Jeff and do good for our sport in Ontario. Thanks to all that greeted me today at the HOO open house!! Very cool event put on by some great folks. 

Livin'

During a group hug at the Heart of Ontario Snowmobiling Open House today, consensus was reached that Jeff McGirr was a good candidate.

Thank you

Yes, the consensus was to see Jeff as the guy to vote for. ontariof7, I kinda thought I felt something inappropriate as well. That slomo guy looked pretty happy when he left, just vote for Jeff and do good for our sport in Ontario. Thanks to all that greeted me today at the HOO open house!! Very cool event put on by some great folks. 

Livin'

HAHA... we sledders are a tight bunch

Hey everyone, final push this week.. i would like to take first place in this round if possible! every vote counts! :bc:

here is todays video... enjoy

first time rider Alex learns a valuable lesson 

2 votes in today again..

5 Votes today, I hope we don't have to do this for another round or two.

me too.. its a pain in the a$$

thanks very much for the votes! only a few days left keep them coming i'm catching up! 

If this keeps up I am going to write an executable to populate the fields for me and click submit.

Glad that the forum is assisting in promoting Jeff. Great to see Canadian representation in international snowmobiling.

Hey Everyone, 

Last night at midnight the voting for round #3 ended, I finished with 36% less than 5% away from first place for this round. The TOP 3 in each round move forward to the 1/4 finals. At this time I do not know when this will start but as soon as i know i will let you all know. 

I wanted to THANK YOU all very much for your votes, the support has been overwhelming for this popularity contest. I hope that as the contest progresses into the 1/4 finals and finals that you will continue to support me. I also hope that as the competition is narrowed that 'merit' comes into play and this isn't just purely based on votes. 

I encourage you now that you have made voting a daily routine to continue in round #4 - each vote gets you a ballot to win a prize and the prizes are real! three of my buddies won prizes voting for me in my round! 

Here's to lots of snow this winter and bringing this title home to Ontario! 

Jeff  

Archived