2016 New Sled Thread

500ssman

You guys are talking about trailers here too. I just have the one sled so the bed of my work truck works fine. I'm wondering about the Alcom trailers from Bluewater trailers near Exeter though. The wife is getting a sled next year (she doesn't know it yet lol) They look sweet sweet. It appears as though they are plywood on the floors but other than that they seem to be a nice trailer that list at 6100$ or so for a '16 with lots of goodies. Anyone have one or opinions?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm like you. I don't get the need for that much speed. A friend of mine who is in his 70's has a Cat Turbo. It goes like stink already. He was getting some sort of a kit to give it a bit more speed and power. I asked why and he said because he can. I have all the speed and acceleration I need and don't really care if one of the people I ride with gets to the other side of the lake 5 or 10 seconds sooner than me. To each their own.

Congrats on the retirement!!! I'm only 31 and could care less about speed...speed kills anyways!

Geeze!! Just got a quote for a 12' triton. $6700+tax!!! Unreal...

Wow! The US $ is going to be the killer. Look up Blizzard trailers in Boone NY. The woman who runs the business is pretty good. You can buy direct from them and pick it up if you don't mind the drive. I would be curious what they want and quality wise would put it pretty much par with Triton

Ya I'm Gona check em out. I really don't want a clam shell/tilt trailer...

Have you called Reinhart's in Shelburne? I found they had the best prices when we got ours this fall.

No, but I'll check them out also. Thanks guys!

Ya I'm Gona check em out. I really don't want a clam shell/tilt trailer...

I used to have a clam shell. I would leave the trailer and sleds at the lake all week and arrive Sat morning to find two feet of snow on the roof with maybe a layer of ice half way through it. I had to shovel off as much as I could without scraping the roof and then still it would be a pig to lift with the bottom layer of crusted snow. The day I had the clam up and was pulling the pin to tilt the bed and all that snow came sliding down on me was the day I decided I needed a ramp trailer.

Santa brought this for our little guy on Christmas day, we have been out a few times and he loves it. The guy told me it only had 14 km on it, did not believe  him but the sled appeared to be in good condition. Took it to Wildbill who thinks it might be true.

post-19850-0-47952000-1454373764_thumb.jpg

I used to have a clam shell. I would leave the trailer and sleds at the lake all week and arrive Sat morning to find two feet of snow on the roof with maybe a layer of ice half way through it. I had to shovel off as much as I could without scraping the roof and then still it would be a pig to lift with the bottom layer of crusted snow. The day I had the clam up and was pulling the pin to tilt the bed and all that snow came sliding down on me was the day I decided I needed a ramp trailer.

That's exactly why I don't want a clam. For $1000 or so more you get a rear ramp model

jesus thats crazy!!!  Have a look at Action Trailers they have inlines for close to that price.  You could probably get a inline with bare bones inside for close to that price.  Not sure if your looking for an inline, but 6700 is crazy IMO

I'm looking for a 12' hybrid w/rear ramp. Just emailed action trailers for a quote.

I checked out blizzards, but not sure I want to make that far of a drive. Lol also checked out Reinharts in shelburne but I don't think they have a hybrid model trailer.

I'm looking for a 12' hybrid w/rear ramp. Just emailed action trailers for a quote.

I checked out blizzards, but not sure I want to make that far of a drive. Lol also checked out Reinharts in shelburne but I don't think they have a hybrid model trailer.

Nice there good to deal with.  Ive had a couple issues with my trailer and no problems with warranty.  One was the screws which they had a bad batch last fall and sent me all new ones for my trailer.  They switched manufactures after that.

Santa brought this for our little guy on Christmas day, we have been out a few times and he loves it. The guy told me it only had 14 km on it, did not believe him but the sled appeared to be in good condition. Took it to Wildbill who thinks it might be true.

congrats

Looks like another young sled head. RSD!

$5800+tax from action trailers...

There is a distributor for Blizzard in the Toronto area but I don't recall exactly who. Something marine. He delivered mine to the house for me.

I was just looking at aqua vantage marine and I looked under the contacts list and I think they are all distributors for blizzard trailers...if that's the case, there's a lot of them!

I was just looking at aqua vantage marine and I looked under the contacts list and I think they are all distributors for blizzard trailers...if that's the case, there's a lot of them!

That's the guy Aqua vantage. He is the one my trailer came through and delivered to the house for me

Ok thanks 02sled, I'll send him an email.

just retired last week. This will be my first week of retirement starting tomorrow and damn it's raining. I'll take the bullet for everyone for the lousy season. Bought two new sleds and retired.

Of course there isn't any snow. If I kept the old

sleds and kept working it would be snowing

every damn day.

I have zero miles too. Decided I am going to go to elliot lake and ride from there to dub and back. Never been in that area before and it seems they have record snow compared to everyone else. Going to go last week of feb, hopefully it lasts up there until then.

Archived