New bridges on HCSA #9 trail

Hi all, through an agreement between HATVA and HCSA, 2 new bridge structures have been put in place. We are seeking help to install the decking and railings, this will happen this Saturday at 9AM. Please PM me or email to exec@hcsa.ca and I will put you in touch with the folks running the show. 

Livin'

thats great to hear, couple years ago hads to jump a bridge that look like a beaver had eaten the posts out of it, truth be told that was fun

OK, so that's three!! Can't believe Wild Bill's going drive all the way over here to his old stomping grounds.  HA! HA! Seriously, if anyone can spare some time to help it would be appreciated. Hope to have some more good stuff to report real soon, it's gonna be an even better season here if we get enough snow!!

Livin'

That's a great trail, took it for the first time last season, grooming was mint, looking forward to riding it again this winter. 

It is a real great trail, but its a bear to groom. The #9 and B112 are both very wet and rough. Last to open, first to close.

Livin'

It is a real great trail, but its a bear to groom. The #9 and B112 are both very wet and rough. Last to open, first to close.

Livin'

I agree. I have ridden this trail many times and found it to be the roughest in the area. Couple years ago it was a fantastic trail to ride on and it was late in the season. Its a nice trail with lots of twists and turns and hills and I can see it being hard to groom.

I wish I could help out but committed to helping a local club this weekend. Good luck wit the work.

Figures, my 3 favorite HCSA trails, 2 are a pain to groom and the other is closed for logging. 9 and B112 are great trails and worth the wait for the grooming. 16 will be even better than it was once they finish logging.

Should be able to make it Saturday.

Thanks jrhz06,I meant they are harder to groom than say the rail line!! Once they are open (the hard part) they are groomed as frequently as all other trails. 16 isn't dead yet... been talking to anyone that will listen. All three of those trails are on my list of faves as well. See you Saturday.

Livin'

Helping our locally, but want to thank you for the updates. 
Went on the IAFG and traced B112 and 9. They do indeed look challenging. 

On a side note - is Gull Lake (east side of QE2 Prov Park) staked? Is there a way to connect to B112 at the north end of Gull Lake (presumably to Minden)?

Hi Canuck, No HCSA does not stake Gull Lake. I have never tried to get into Minden and doubt anyone does it as the top of the lake is open most times. There was a good discussion recently re the QE 2 posted by Sean80. Ironically, my phone was ringing on Monday re that project and there seems to be a renewed interest by several of the parties involved.

Livin'

Thanks Livin'. Very helpful

Archived