NRSA Season 2015/2016

Trails are starting to reopen after last weekend's rain. As of today open limited are trail 131 & TOPS A from Deep River west to club boundary. Hopefully more will reopen soon. Please check the OFSC interactive map.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out on my sled this past weekend and it sure was nice to be out there, it still is limited conditions and as of today, trail 131 and TOPS A  from Deep River west to club boundary are reopened limited.  Hopefully more trails will be re-opened in the next day or 2.  

NRSA trails are now re-opened as limited, please check the OFSC interactive map for up to date trail status.

post-21258-0-48528100-1453163791_thumb.jpg

Hope that you use the park & ride this weekend!  We are having the official opening of the park & ride on Saturday Jan 23 at 11am, Mayour Lougheed and council represenatives will be attending. So if you are planning to trailer to Deep River for a ride this weekend, please use the park & ride!  

Below is a picture of the park & ride entrance at Hwy 17, plus the temporary sign to look out for, plus here is a link to the google map showing the location before the park and ride was built.https://www.google.c...12!8i6656?hl=en

I was out yesterday, trails are in pretty good shape, still need some more snow in a few spots, but not bad at all.  

post-21258-0-33804800-1453465732_thumb.jpg

Trails have been groomed and ready for the weekend.  A big thank you to our volunteer groomer operators who are out grooming our complete section of TOPS A trails tonight, groomer left the shed after 3pm and mostly likely won't be back to the shed till 5 or 6 am tomorrow.  Trails are in good shape with the snow level we have, plus we got about 3 inches of snow last night.

Please drive with care on the trails this weekend as we expected lots of traffic!  Happy Sledding and enjoy! 

That sounds excellent, I will be heading down Saturday to try them out. Maybe if you are out Karen We'll bump into you.  Watch for the single Black Apex riding double!

Thanks for posting this info KCC.

Shawnj. I think we saw you today on the A trail just east of trail 179. Did you see a Yamaha vector parked on the side of the trail with orange and white flashing lights?

Yup i think i did. Was an awsome run back from Mattawa !

Just picked up a new sled yesterday, 2016 sliver Yamaha vector xtx, only doing a short ride today, as we are hosting our club's annual volunteers chili night in our heated garage.   But will be on the look out for you! 

Another busy weekend, it was nice to see people out having fun!  But we got some rain last night and it at zero now. Let's hope the trails hold up, so please don't rip up the trail during this mild spell.  

Just wanted to say you to your clubs out that way, We had a fantastic ride yesterday, Gassed up at the Esso in Rolphton and had a very yummy lunch at the restaurant.

Thank you Nunz and glad you enjoyed the trails.  I saw a couple polaris when we were at the stopping place with a bonfire going around 2pm was that you heading east on the TOPS A?

Trails were are now limited as we got some rain and it's mild.  So please ride with caution.  

Thank you Nunz and glad you enjoyed the trails.  I saw a couple polaris when we were at the stopping place with a bonfire going around 2pm was that you heading east on the TOPS A?

Trails were are now limited as we got some rain and it's mild.  So please ride with caution.  

That was us for sure, there was one lone Ski Doo with us as well.  Were you guys about 50 yards down the trail as we went past? We took the 193 and skipped around Stonecliffe, What a beauty of a trail, was very impressed.  We will be back before the end of season for sure.

Trails are in great shape, but we expect a busy weekend!  I was out today and groomer operators have been doing a super job! Just checked outside and its snowing there is about 1 inch already!  Safe travel on the trails this weekend.  Plus it is our annual poker run tomorrow!  So if you are out on the TOPSA - 131, 132, 134 look out for us!

Trails are in great shape!  Was out today and had a great time!  Even stopped at the Stopping Place for a bonfire and hot dogs! A big thank you to all our volunteer groomer operators for such a great job!

Enjoyed the trails yesterday. Went from Pembroke up to Mattawa and back and the TOPS A was great, except the Pet/Chalk River corridor was brutal washboard. Should have skiped the 131 on return as it was done, but the groomer was out to get it back up.

Gassed in Stonecliff twice and talked with a couple of groups enjoying the trails as well.

Ended up,with 509 kms total for the day. Looks like I'll be back up soon as I had such a great day!

It was -39 this morning without the wind chill, here east of Rolphton!  But we are still planning on having our family day social at the stopping place.  Bonfire will be on and hot dogs on the BBQ.  Please dress warm if you are planning on going out sledding today!  Trails are in great shape!

Enjoyed the trails yesterday. Went from Pembroke up to Mattawa and back and the TOPS A was great, except the Pet/Chalk River corridor was brutal washboard. Should have skiped the 131 on return as it was done, but the groomer was out to get it back up.

Gassed in Stonecliff twice and talked with a couple of groups enjoying the trails as well.

Ended up,with 509 kms total for the day. Looks like I'll be back up soon as I had such a great day!

509 Kms, wow. I did 236 last Saturday and that took 6 straight hours in the saddle but trails were not tip-top shape in our area.

Great day at 500+

Another busy weekend on NRSA trails.  Great to see sledders having fun!  I had a great time at the Family Day Social on Sunday, lots of sledders stopped to enjoy the warm from the bonfire and Dougie's Dogs!  I just wanted to say THANK YOU to our volunteer groomer operators for all the hard work in keeping our trails in great shape!  Getting some snow today, so that will help the trails!  

It was mild on Saturday, a little rain, but I was out yesterday and trails are still in good shape.  Groomer was out grooming the TOPS A-east last night, was out early this morning on the 134 and 136 trails. Tonight it will be heading west of the TOPS A-trail. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trails are in great shape was out for a ride yesterday!

Last night's storm has dumped about 10 inches or more of snow!  Groomer is out now heading east from Deep River to club boundary with Keenta club on the TOPS A-trail so please watch out for it.  Thanks!

Hi Karen, heading your way in the morning, dropping in Deep River. Can you still get lunch at the community center in Stonecliffe?

Trails are awesome up here in Deep River, plenty of snow!

Archived