NRSA Season 2015/2016

Just thought I would give a little update of what been happening in our club!  Volunteers have been busy getting our 2 groomers and drags ready for the season, just a few thing more things to be done and they will be ready for the snow! Trail work has been started and a workday is scheduled for Saturday Oct 31.

A BIG THANK YOU to the town of Deep River and it's residents for building a new park & ride for snowmobilers.  The park & ride is located off of highway 17 just west of the Bear's Den & Auto Sales lot.   NRSA now has 3 park & ride lots - Chalk River, Deep River and Rolphton.

NRSA is having an open house at the Bear’s Den from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Tuesday October 27. We will be there to assist you with purchasing your season permit. Plus a chance to meet fellow snowmobilers and hear about other activities that are happening in our club. If you are coming to purchase your permit, you must bring your snowmobiler ownership, credit card, email address & password.

More good news! The Rolphton ESSO has re-opened for business.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent post.

Great news and thanks for the hard work.

Thanks to all involved, great area to ride ..

NRSA  workday this Saturday Oct 31, please contact Karen at karencrain@sympatico.ca for more details!

• 1 month later...

Another trail improvement project has been completed for the upcoming season. A big thank you to the Town of Deep River for support and co-operation in creating the park & ride.

The first picture is the old bridge, which many of you would have crossed going into Deep River.  Now here is the  new culvert and trail improvements into the new  Deep River Park/Ride and local businesses.

post-21258-0-78615600-1450023502_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-23357500-1450023589_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-29640900-1450023623_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-94008400-1450023643_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-14991800-1450023725_thumb.jpg

Very nice!  I remember that bridge.

• 3 weeks later...

Great for the town to step up like that... they have the common sense that sledders spend $ locally when given the option. 

Any plan to better mark the gas directly west of Tim's.. @ the Cnd Tire?  I have witnessed sledders walking around the Tim's lot, out to the road/etc, looking for the gas station that is hidden down  the short unmarked bush trail. 

Should hit up the Cnd Tire gas bar owner for 4 or 5 signs.. and install .. problem solved... unless there is more to it under the cover. 

Happy trails. 

Our club was very fortunate to have the town of Deep River support snowmobiling and realize the economic impact!

I also wanted to let you all know that once you come to the park & ride lot, there is a new trail over to the Bear's Den. 

We have approached the gas station a few times, but they don't seem interested, however saying that I'm planning on going to see them again.  Plus on the other side of the Bear's den is a new esso with new pumps, so I will be going there as well. The bush trail into Canadian tire bar is on private land and there is no land use agreement.

Just wanted to let you know that our groomer is out packing the trails, yesterday it head west on the TOPS A, plus packed a couple club trail in the west end.  It was out for about 12 hours and the new packer bar worked great! Today the groomer is out packing east on the TOPS A.  Here are a couple pictures from yesterday, so hopefully it won't be long now.  

post-21258-0-63155400-1451586681_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-32300300-1451586693_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-51284300-1451586721_thumb.jpg

Just thought I would let anyone know that NRSA has another surprise for sledders this season! The new Deep River Park at the back, has a new section of trail 135 that takes you over to the Bear's Den Lounge & Motel.  

HI Paul,  Hopefully you can make it up here for a sled ride this season!  

We got about other 4 inches of snow after last Tuesday's snowfall. Trails are being packed,  but there is some wet spots, need this cold weather that is coming tonight. One  wet spot is on the TOPS A heading west after you cross the 2nd large culvert and entering into the corner and going up the hill. Groomer has not yet been able to cross that area, so that a wet spot, I will give you an update of our trails in the next day or 2. We are hoping to be able to get the groomer across that area later on in the week.

As of today, NRSA trails are now opened limited! It is early in the season so ride with care and enjoy the trails!

Plus I made an error in my previous post about the trail into the Bear's Den, after you pass exit for Tim Hortons, the trail will split to the left (takes you into the staging area) or to the right goes into the back of the Bear's Den.  

Due to the unseason temperatures and rain we regret to announce that the NRSA trails have been listed as CLOSED.  Hopefully it will be only for a few days!

Hello!

Just wondering how much the rain has had an affect on the trails. We had a trip planned for this past weekend but decided not to with the mild temperature and rain. Hoping for some good news!

Trails are still closed, we got a lot of rain last weekend, but today it snowed about a little over 3 inches.  Hopefully I will have more info in the next day or 2.  Thanks.

Hmmm Ive been wondering if Ive jinxed us by bringing my snowmobile up from back home Friday.  Weather God's not happy with me over something????

Oh well, at least its up here in Petawawa with me now and ready for the green trails. (green on the map that is!) 

Trails are still closed, we got a lot of rain last weekend, but today it snowed about a little over 3 inches.  Hopefully I will have more info in the next day or 2.  Thanks.

Thank you for the update. It is much appreciated!

Got a little snow yesterday here in Rolphton about 4 inches, not as much in Deep River. But we still need more snow!  This is the first time since we moved here in 2006, that trails have not been open for business, dam that rain last weekend!

Got a little snow yesterday here in Rolphton about 4 inches, not as much in Deep River. But we still need more snow! This is the first time since we moved here in 2006, that trails have

not been open for business, dam that rain last

weekend!

Did it wipe away the whole base or did it leave an ice base on the trails? Hopefully you retained some base to speed things up.

Was out for a little drive in the truck this afternoon up the Bronson road to the end of the plowed portion.  Met the Packer coming down, assume they were either just finishing up or heading further down the road to the trail.

Looks like a pretty hard icy base.  Which could be beneficial on its own, at least with a bit more snow on top that is.  

Thanks for the update!  Yes the groomer was out on trail 131 today and will be back out tomorrow on the TOPS A trail.  As of right now the trails are still closed, let's hope we get the snow tomorrow!  

Archived