seeking groomer operators (we pay)

Our club is looking for some additional groomer operators.  Just an fyi, we pay our operators.  

Let me know if you're interested. 

Had one inquiry already via this site. Hope to receive more.  (have had some from our club site on facebook as well)

just to update, its for operating our east side groomer which is housed at our clubhouse in St. Mary's.

We have experienced operators that can train those interested.  There is definitely a bit of an art to it, but its nothing that the average person can't learn.  The terrain here is a lot easier to groom than many other parts of ontario. 

let me know if you're interested via a pm (or in this thread) 

I enjoy the pride groomer operators take in their trails.

They even smooths out the dip at the bottom of steep inclines. 

You know that 'spinal tap' you get where the downside hill meets the flat trail ---- not with Groomer Guy. 

(somewhat off topic, but there really is an art to grooming. Heck, I've been to bbq's and discussion amongst the groomer operators will turn to the temperature of a groomed trail - with heat measuring device vs. the snow temperature of unpacked snow.  The groomed trail is way colder according to those guys, as if they're on the path to enlightenment. It will last longer, etc., etc. Hats off to the groomers)

I enjoy the pride groomer operators take in their trails.

They even smooths out the dip at the bottom of steep inclines. 

You know that 'spinal tap' you get where the downside hill meets the flat trail ---- not with Groomer Guy. 

(somewhat off topic, but there really is an art to grooming. Heck, I've been to bbq's and discussion amongst the groomer operators will turn to the temperature of a groomed trail - with heat measuring device vs. the snow temperature of unpacked snow.  The groomed trail is way colder according to those guys, as if they're on the path to enlightenment. It will last longer, etc., etc. Hats off to the groomers)

There is Operators that just drive from Point A to Point B and that's it and there is the groomer operator that is a Real Snowmobiler and understands the trail and riding it... the worst thing to have that I learned over the years is having a non snowmobiling operator....    they will do stuff and not think...    "Meh... that's ok the snowmobiles can ride over that" leaving a heap of snow in the middle of the trail.  Dumping snow at the wrong spots, not cutting the right angle and like you said  creating "Spinal Taps" in the bottom of hills.   there is a way to avoid those.   people could tell when I was the one grooming our Powerline in the F trail because of that.

There is Operators that just drive from Point A to Point B and that's it and there is the groomer operator that is a Real Snowmobiler and understands the trail and riding it... the worst thing to have that I learned over the years is having a non snowmobiling operator....    they will do stuff and not think...    "Meh... that's ok the snowmobiles can ride over that" leaving a heap of snow in the middle of the trail.  Dumping snow at the wrong spots, not cutting the right angle and like you said  creating "Spinal Taps" in the bottom of hills.   there is a way to avoid those.   people could tell when I was the one grooming our Powerline in the F trail because of that.

AMEN  brother!!!!

true 

Archived