SNOWTRAX

ToSlow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got mine last week as well. Opened it flipper around the pages noticed all the ads where for sleds they say are the best, so I dropped it in the recycling bin. High quailty waste if our permit dollars again this year.

I got mine last week as well. Opened it flipper around the pages noticed all the ads where for sleds they say are the best, so I dropped it in the recycling bin. High quailty waste if our permit dollars again this year.

Could you please elaborate on this ? 

I actually don't mind reading the magazines....Take their opinions with a grain of salt....Something to read till the season starts.

Haven't seen mine yet and I don't believe my mailman is a sled head. He does deliver to the wrong house frequently but the neighbours all just re-deliver when we get home. Am I missing anything.

Haven't seen mine yet and I don't believe my mailman is a sled head. He does deliver to the wrong house frequently but the neighbours all just re-deliver when we get home. Am I missing anything.

Not too much, Its the snowmobile version of US weekly..lol

I enjoy reading the magazines we get with our permit fees. Permit cost, magazines given with the permits......next complaint?

I enjoy the mags we get with permits,great pics & reviews on new sleds.love articles on old sleds too,the rides & all the info.getting a free mag about something I enjoy is a bonus.of course their reviews on Polaris pro-s are exciting,but regardless of which snowmobile media you follow,its all Polaris,polaris,polaris

lol...

post-22473-0-16676600-1444278018_thumb.jpg

I enjoy the mags we get with permits,great pics & reviews on new sleds.love articles on old sleds too,the rides & all the info.getting a free mag about something I enjoy is a bonus.of course their reviews on Polaris pro-s are exciting,but regardless of which snowmobile media you follow,its all Polaris,polaris,polaris

lol...

Infomerrecial on paper opinions are for rent in that mag 

Such optimism... I like your sense of humour though.

Dare I say...great poster!

I really don't mind reading either of the magazines we get.

that's not funny blake...reporting you to team polaris

Callin the sheriff. The po popo.

po popo.

Is that the last sound it makes???? :lmao:

I enjoy the mags we get with permits,great pics & reviews on new sleds.love articles on old sleds too,the rides & all the info.getting a free mag about something I enjoy is a bonus.of course their reviews on Polaris pro-s are exciting,but regardless of which snowmobile media you follow,its all Polaris,polaris,polarislol...

X2

Could you please elaborate on this ? 

I think it speaks for itself does it not? You can't tell me Supertrax just gives away tens of thousands of copies a year away to OFSC members for free. There is some transfer of money from the OFSC to them to cover this. Even it its only a few bucks from every permit, that's still a few hundred grand a year that could by a new groomer or something that is actually useful to the permit holder.

Sure maybe they get the OFSC monthly mag done for free as part of the deal, but come on its almost 2016. Time to go digital, how many people are buying their permits online? Wasn't it like 60% off all sales last year where early bird bought online. Time to get with the program and cut the cost and reinvest it in something else.

If it wasn't for groups like the OFSC buying bulk subscriptions to them the magazine would have died years ago. The readers aren't stupid, its clear the quality of the review is solely based on who is buying the most advertising with them. 3 years ago they did a 4 part TV show special on the history of Polaris, and at the end of the year, guess who had the sled of the year? Polaris.. This year BRP has got the sled to beat, so call the accountant and I'm sure you'll see who is buying the most advertising.  

We only read it because it shows up free at our door step 5 times a year. But I doubt there isn't a single person here who would go looking for this magazine and drop the $6.95 or whatever the cover price is. I'm not knocking the guys who put it out, they have figured out how to make a living riding sleds and ATVs, they are doing what a lot of us dream about doing. But as far as the OFSC investment goes, its a poor way to spend permit dollars when the system could use that money in other places.     

It's quite possible that it costs the OFSC $0.00. A magazine publisher that can go to the advertisers and say I have a circulation of #### and get sufficient ad revenue for a magazine specifically dedicated directly at a focussed audience may just cover all that cost in ad revenue.

It's quite possible that it costs the OFSC $0.00. A magazine publisher that can go to the advertisers and say I have a circulation of #### and get sufficient ad revenue for a magazine specifically dedicated directly at a focussed audience may just cover all that cost in ad revenue.

Exactly! Big circulation #'s = Big advertising rates

Personally, I would rather thumb through the magazine than stare at my computer. Less kilowatts used as well.

Archived