Single female riders...

NiagaraSnow

Do I detect some bitterness toward exes ??

That's an understatement!!!! My book goes way past bitterness... The title of the book rhythms with the word Hunted!

And welcome to the forum NiagaraSnow, I hope you enjoy your time here.. I'm not sure you'll meet a woman here but you will meet the nicest people on Ontario trails..

Happy Trails.. Rick

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I would throw this out there...

Are there any single female enthusiasts that would like to chat with a 50 year old , single sled fanatic ?

Never know until you try ...

Cheers 

50 y/o SWM Riding Enthusiast ISO SWF who loves the Stutter Bumps.   Group Rides +++

After reading a bunch of the last few posts not a big shock why there is isn't a lot of females on the site.  Now before you blast me, just consider a female started the thread to find other like minded single females, and it has spun into a "my ex's all wear Rolex's" bash.   That being said, I liked the comment about the ex hitting a tree, but if there is going to be a contest about the significant other spending a ton of money on stuff ("I need another sled", "upgrading suspension on my track car", "need a new gps") and then coming home from a a five day sled trip smelling like cigars and that vanilla scent that you get from spending 8 hours in "fannies", I know I'm on the losing side of that argument.   So just saying, might as well start two new threads, one to dump on your ex girlfiends/wifes, and might as well have one to dump on your ex boyfriends/husbands and leave this thread back to the "single female seeks same with sled, please send picture of sled" (kidding) thread.

It did get off track however I still maintain that the most enjoyable sledding I ever do is with my wife only because she is as it should be also my best friend. At times I will grumble about her but I am allowed. She grumbles about me.

That's because you came twice!!!!!

Paul don't you know the customer always comes first around here?

Head to Deerhurst the weekend they hold the Women on Snow event. That's where the 3 we were talking to had been riding for. They got lost on the way home & ended up staying Sunday night in the Pine Springs area.

It did get off track however I still maintain that the most enjoyable sledding I ever do is with my wife only because she is as it should be also my best friend. At times I will grumble about her but I am allowed. She grumbles about me.

X2 for me as well....

X2 for me as well....

But that is because without her, you would get lost!!!  :poke2:

But that is because without her, you would get lost!!!  :poke2:

Very true my friend, that's why I invite you along when she is working...hahahahahahaha

After reading a bunch of the last few posts not a big shock why there is isn't a lot of females on the site.  Now before you blast me, just consider a female started the thread to find other like minded single females, and it has spun into a "my ex's all wear Rolex's" bash.   That being said, I liked the comment about the ex hitting a tree, but if there is going to be a contest about the significant other spending a ton of money on stuff ("I need another sled", "upgrading suspension on my track car", "need a new gps") and then coming home from a a five day sled trip smelling like cigars and that vanilla scent that you get from spending 8 hours in "fannies", I know I'm on the losing side of that argument.   So just saying, might as well start two new threads, one to dump on your ex girlfiends/wifes, and might as well have one to dump on your ex boyfriends/husbands and leave this thread back to the "single female seeks same with sled, please send picture of sled" (kidding) thread.

This is a good post and no comments.  I should say: "Where is Fanny's"?  Do they sell spices?  Why would cigar smoking snowmobilers go to a spice shop?  I don't get it!

fannies now thats a lovely ballet...lol been there a few times 

This is a good post and no comments.  I should say: "Where is Fanny's"?  Do they sell spices?  Why would cigar smoking snowmobilers go to a spice shop?  I don't get it!

It's at the corner of Smilin & Broke in North Bay

Last year @ Algonquin Prov' Park, a couple in their 30s arrived across the laneway from my site. I was breaking camp & they came over asking about the blackflies. The woman also asked me if I had been doing much camping so far. I said no just this trip getting ready for the annual trip to MIS. She says, "Oh yeah Father's Day is in a couple of weeks isn't it?" (the June MIS race usually falls on that weekend). I said yes. She used to go to the races with her ex. 

Then somehow the conversation got to sledding & northern Ontario. I told her where we had ridden up there. She was trying to think of a place that you had to hit to get gas on the trip to Timmins. I replied, "Gogama". She said no it was 2 names. "Oh you're thinking of Shining Tree." "YES! That's it." We started laughing. "Had we stayed there?" "No just a gas stop for us."

I wonder how many guys, let alone women across the province would've heard of the place?

what is your excuse?

Have you not seen the man's sled? It has more electronics on it than Radio World has in a store!

Well this post of mine pretty much didn't work at all.

Oh well....LOL

There was mention of Shining Tree...great memories...rode there with Dad ( RIP) .

Cheers to all..I will have to hook up for some rides this year 

Yes I will be at the Marriott..best deal going I think ...and you can walk(stagger) to BP

Well this post of mine pretty much didn't work at all.

Sure it did.. Great first post.. Awesome title.. "Single female riders..." was very catchy.. Inside is a bunch of welcomes and silly posts.. I'd say you hit a home run... Maybe we should advertise on PlentyofFish.com..... :)  

It's at the corner of Smilin & Broke in North Bay

Been there, done that ...  :D 

and he still gets lost 

lol !!!

and he still gets lost 

I don't get lost!!!  I take the long way :oops:

I don't get lost!!!  I take the long way :oops:

Oh I have to go with Sledjunks  on this, having ridden with him and Ontariof7 last spring up in the Kapuskasing area...Not once we were lost ....here is proof he just took the long way.. :D:icon_photo:

P3300566_zps2vykprrq.jpg

another one of those routes without any packing or tracks I see....

They were virgin trails almost all day. :-)

Good thing you guys had a good lunch at the Companion before hitting that stuff ... you'd have never had the energy to dredge it out of that on an empty stomach !!!  Admittedly that was the best lunch date I've ever had .... bunch of clowns ..... lol !!!

BTW I'm thinking of making a sign to put up just East of the river crossing of the A trail for one of you guys .......   :cheers:

Archived