Single female riders...

NiagaraSnow

Just thought I would throw this out there...

Are there any single female enthusiasts that would like to chat with a 50 year old , single sled fanatic ?

Never know until you try ...

Cheers 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome. Not many self-disclosing single female riders on this site. If they're on here, they're reading but not doing much posting. Maybe your post will encourage some "observers" to speak up.

Indeed, NiagaraSnow.

I see you ride around Gravenhurst - - my home turf, and the base for many members of this site.

You may already be a member of Snowcrest Riders. We have several organized club rides, to go along with countless disorganized rides arranged by members of this site!!LOL

If you haven't already found the Snowcrest Riders Facebook page, please look for it and join up. There will be chatter on there about various snowmobile related activities.

You are welcome and invited to join in.

There was one around. She had a formula 500 and rode out of kin mount area I believe.

I don't know if they were single but during the winter of '14 we chatted w/ 3 women @ the TOP B/B112 jct'. Had a hard time keeping up to them on the way to Baysville. They were headed to Skeleton Lake.

Hey, good for you! Hope it works out. I love sledding with my husband. I'll put it out there on my Facebook page....

I like to stay at the Marriott and ride from there ..

Shameless promotion above  :-P  

What's next?

post-19774-0-86372400-1444052278_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard. Great season ahead.

Hey, good for you! Hope it works out. I love sledding with my husband. I'll put it out there on my Facebook page....

My favourite times spent riding are with my wife. In general I tend to go slower than riding with a bunch of guys but you see so much more when you do go slower. Apart from that if we make a wrong turn and get lost... it's her fault. :D

The only minor drawback is my fuel and meal costs are doubled and overnight accomodations are more expensive. She won't stay in some of the places that I will.

Speed's not an issue with us....unless he's hogging the centre line on a sweet straight stretch and I'm afraid to blow by him 'cause he's not packing spare shorts.

Double the costs, yes, but double the fun. It's a competition between us to see whose sled is the most fuel efficient.

Speed's not an issue with us....unless he's hogging the centre line on a sweet straight stretch and I'm afraid to blow by him 'cause he's not packing spare shorts.

Double the costs, yes, but double the fun. It's a competition between us to see whose sled is the most fuel efficient.

The speed for my wife and I is a matter of choice. She can keep up with most everyone but prefers not to. She is a nature fan and likes to see the wildlife and scenery when we are out rather than have it all a blurr. We have seen lots of deer, a beaver, and other critters she can identify that I couldn't. You're right about twice the fun... my favourite riding partner by far. As for which sled is more fuel efficient. She would always win hands down every time. Her 04 Skidoo Legend 1000 sipped fuel in comparison to my 07 Cat Jag Z1. Both 4 strokes and we both rode at the same pace and same distance.

This year will be interesting. Identical sleds. Two 2015 Cat ZR7000 El Tigre sleds to ride.

Somehow sensed we were going to hear from the Founder.

How could you avoid "Single female enthusiasts....."

Rick - let's meet at this year's sled show. It would be great seeing you again.

NiagaraSnow and others. Great to meet old oc'rs and new participants. 

I couldn't resist lol... i am not against women.. Just the one Satan sent me from hell...

Make that 2 of them...lol..The other one found me..hahahaha

I couldn't resist lol... i am not against women.. Just the one Satan sent me from hell...

There is an old adage.... save yourself time and money in the long run. Rather than get married find a woman that you absolutely hate, don't marry her, just buy her a house and be done with it. My ex had me on the fast track to poverty. She had a quarter horse that she showed. From mid February until late October we were on the road every weekend all weekend traveling to horse shows. This would have about 30 years ago and we were spending $100 per day for entry fees and sometimes more so $200 minimum per weekend. Plus stall fees, hotel and meal expenses as well as all the misc. Heck she had a $5K show saddle way back then.

There wasn't any time for anything else. The straw that broke the camels back was when we rented a house boat with another couple for a week in July and she left halfway through the week to get back to the horse and make the horse show on the weekend.

Shortly after she became an ex.

My favorite time spent riding was with my ex-wife was hoping she hit a tree at top speed. :)

That's hilarious!

Do I detect some bitterness toward exes ??

Do I detect some bitterness toward exes ??

Nah just the hobbies, like horses and dogs worn out the relationships and drained the pocket books.

There is an old adage.... save yourself time and money in the long run. Rather than get married find a woman that you absolutely hate, don't marry her, just buy her a house and be done with it. My ex had me on the fast track to poverty. She had a quarter horse that she showed. From mid February until late October we were on the road every weekend all weekend traveling to horse shows. This would have about 30 years ago and we were spending $100 per day for entry fees and sometimes more so $200 minimum per weekend. Plus stall fees, hotel and meal expenses as well as all the misc. Heck she had a $5K show saddle way back then.

There wasn't any time for anything else. The straw that broke the camels back was when we rented a house boat with another couple for a week in July and she left halfway through the week to get back to the horse and make the horse show on the weekend.

Shortly after she became an ex.

Sounds like a friend's cousin. To listen to my friend the cousin's wife (later the ex) thought more of her horses than hubby.

Sounds like a friend's cousin. To listen to my friend the cousin's wife (later the ex) thought more of her horses than hubby.

The horse was #1, the dog #2 and I was somewhere down the list. I helped her get a job that paid quite well and she quit that to go work in a horse barn making minimum wage. Glad she is an ex. Heard from a friend that he came across the ex a while ago. She apparently shows and breeds dogs now and the dogs rule the house. He went there to buy a puppy and couldn't stay in the house long because of the dog hair and the smell.

welcome to the forum, great people here and lots of group rides which i'm sure you would be more than welcome to join.

I didn't get a welcome

Archived