Dwight Yamaha Dealer Closed

revrnd

This might be old news from folks in the area, but on Thurs' I saw that the former Lakeland Motorsports building is vacant & up for sale. I think I posted when the Yamaha business opened up, but couldn't find the thread.

seems to be a tough area nobody lasts

To seasonal there you think and to far off the main highway. Everyone goes to Huntsville?

To seasonal there you think and to far off the main highway. Everyone goes to Huntsville?

Could be. Lakeland's location on the west side of 11 was a PITA.

Mind you if a business's service is good people won't mind driving to it.

That being said the closest BRP dealers in the Huntsville area Powassan, Windermere & Minden (not sure about Bracebridge or Gravenhurst).

That being said the closest BRP dealers in the Huntsville area Powassan, Windermere & Minden (not sure about Bracebridge or Gravenhurst).

BRP is going the route of fewer but bigger dealers

No BRP Dealers in Bracebridge or Gravenhurst.  However, Northland Recreation will be opening a "south branch location" on Highway 11 at North Kahshe Lake Road south of Gravenhurst.  (sometime soon?)    It's been ages since the announcement.  

Last winter a Northland employee told me the Kahshe Lake premises would be used only for BRP products other than snowmobiles. I hope he was wrong.

Last winter a Northland employee told me the Kahshe Lake premises would be used only for BRP products other than snowmobiles. I hope he was wrong.

X2, Blake...I hope so too.  This makes no sense to me, but if it is true, makes me wonder what on earth they are thinking. 

Lakeland's former location in Huntsville wasn't that bad...just off Hwy. 11 by truck, and just off MSR 88 by sled.   Either way, a hell of a lot more convenient to the central and north Muskoka markets that their subsequent location in Dwight, and than any of the alternatives you mention in Powassan, Minden...or even Windermere for that matter (have you ever tried to get to Northland's location -- off the beaten track near Windermere -- from Hwy. 11 in the winter?...pretty brutal at times.)  The former owner/operator of Lakeland told me at one point that his move from Huntsville to Dwight was a mistake, in terms of both lack of showroom traffic and lack of local support from that area. 

He is wrong (as of today).

No BRP Dealers in Bracebridge or Gravenhurst.  However, Northland Recreation will be opening a "south branch location" on Highway 11 at North Kahshe Lake Road south of Gravenhurst.  (sometime soon?)    It's been ages since the announcement.  

They're working at it but don't have any need to rush. They are set on getting it right, rather than 'right now'.

whiskywizard that is great news!

• 2 weeks later...

They're working at it but don't have any need to rush. They are set on getting it right, rather than 'right now'.

Northland's Highway 11 Northbound location (just south of Gravenhurst - - by Kahshe Lake Road North) is looking good from the outside. It will be a rockin location once they get up and running.

post-22473-0-58378500-1444357938_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-47813700-1444359336_thumb.jpg

Now you need to buy a skidoo from them just so you can have one of each

Lakeland's former location in Huntsville wasn't that bad...just off Hwy. 11 by truck, and just off MSR 88 by sled.   Either way, a hell of a lot more convenient to the central and north Muskoka markets that their subsequent location in Dwight, and than any of the alternatives you mention in Powassan, Minden...or even Windermere for that matter (have you ever tried to get to Northland's location -- off the beaten track near Windermere -- from Hwy. 11 in the winter?...pretty brutal at times.)  The former owner/operator of Lakeland told me at one point that his move from Huntsville to Dwight was a mistake, in terms of both lack of showroom traffic and lack of local support from that area. 

Was it only accessible from the southbound side of 11? I seem to remember some issue when we stopped there years ago to pick up oil.

Oh & I'll agree w/ you on the move to Dwight not being the brightest move. Especially when Old Mill was already in the area. I couldn't figure that out when I drove past the Dwight location the 1st time.

Was it only accessible from the southbound side of 11? I seem to remember some issue when we stopped there years ago to pick up oil.

Oh & I'll agree w/ you on the move to Dwight not being the brightest move. Especially when Old Mill was already in the area. I couldn't figure that out when I drove past the Dwight location the 1st time.

now neither is there 

Old mill was a Ski Doo dealer 5 years or so ago

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

Just thought I would send a quick note to update you. Once we are open we will work on all of the product lines we sell. Existing location will stay up and running as well. I'm not sure where the idea came from that we wouldn't work on snowmobiles there. Its been a long, big project and in doing 80% of the project internally its taken awhile. Whiskeywizard is totally right that we will open when we are ready. We don't want to open before renos are complete and we have sufficient start-up staff hired and trained. Thanks for the positive feedback on the outside Blake G. We are hoping to be up and running this winter but not making that promiss at this point. Need to finish reno and get a few more key staff hired.

Jon

Hey All,

Just thought I would send a quick note to update you. Once we are open we will work on all of the product lines we sell. Existing location will stay up and running as well. I'm not sure where the idea came from that we wouldn't work on snowmobiles there. Its been a long, big project and in doing 80% of the project internally its taken awhile. Whiskeywizard is totally right that we will open when we are ready. We don't want to open before renos are complete and we have sufficient start-up staff hired and trained. Thanks for the positive feedback on the outside Blake G. We are hoping to be up and running this winter but not making that promiss at this point. Need to finish reno and get a few more key staff hired.

Jon

Welcome to the forum and please join in the discussions.

Archived