Advice needed on a Enclosed trailer

Nunz

We are looking at an enclosed trailer brand new.. Wanted to know if any of you have any advice on what brands are good bad? I saw one advertised by Bluewater trailers but don't know much about them.. Are the Tritons all they are hyped to be?

Thanks guys

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are looking at an enclosed trailer brand new.. Wanted to know if any of you have any advice on what brands are good bad? I saw one advertised by Bluewater trailers but don't know much about them.. Are the Tritons all they are hyped to be?

Thanks guys

beware there is junk out there

you get what you pay for, research, research, research. make sure your dealer is easy to deal with. warrantee and service is EVERYTHING! buy larger than you think, buy the options YOU WANT AND NEED, upfront.

things to look for, axles, (quality and rating), flooring (waterproof or not), roof (one piece= fewer leak issues), weather seals, exterior panels, thickness, and attaching methods, structure, studs on center by what length? frame welds, wiring, lighting ect....

good luck. Ski

My experience with Triton has been worth the hype.

Fantastic trailers.

Don't buy one from the place that OntarioF7 got his ... they only have one battery for their drill/driver ......

I got a versamax/flo (used)

fantastic trailer, both front and back open with a ramp to drive on drive off.

They are pricy but I would buy another one that's for sure.

http://www.floeintl.com/aluminum-trailers/enclosed-trailers/

Go to the fall snowmobile show and actually crawl under a few. You'd be surprised how visible 'cost savings' in the production process can be  (size of bars, quality of welds, number of rivets, whether the wiring is protected). 

Some good prices at the show.

I never thought I'd use the side gas doors, but northern pumps have longer hoses and they've proven useful. 

Go to the fall snowmobile show and actually crawl under a few. You'd be surprised how visible 'cost savings' in the production process can be (size of bars, quality of welds, number of rivets, whether the wiring is protected).

Some good prices at the show.

I never thought I'd use the side gas doors, but northern pumps have longer hoses and they've proven useful.

How many rivets does yours have?

One word....Triton.

Thanks guys for your help. Just bought a Triton TC 118 from Reinhart in Shelburne..

After checking all the reviews it seemed Triton was the way to go.

Again thank u

Congratulations.

I think you made a great choice. You pay more but get more back when you sell. Win win for you! Enjoy the trailer!

Thanks guys for your help. Just bought a Triton TC 118 from Reinhart in Shelburne..

After checking all the reviews it seemed Triton was the way to go.

Again thank u

Lets see the rig Nunz!

Lets see the rig Nunz!

Picking it up in a couple of weeks, Will do once I get it...

Nicely done Nunz! I was going to suggest Triton as well. You get what you pay for. Now ya just need to get that sled to put in it lol.

I guess I am too late for my trailer suggestion, here it is anyway for others.

I have a Streamline trailer which is built in Canada http://www.streamlinetrailers.com

Custom built to customer specs, looks great and well built.

Jerry

He was really nice to deal with. Did the deal over the phone and he promised if there was a better deal at the Snowmobile show he would refund us the difference which I thought was very fair.

Looking forward to meeting them in a couple of weeks.

quote name="hi-mileage" post="192323" timestamp="1438901440"]

Scott's a good guy,very trustworthy!!

Reinhart is the guy to go to for triton. Great choice nunz.

Where is a good spot to go to deck out the trailer. I would like to put some helmet racks in, fuel racks that hold Jerry cans and area for tools. All off the floor so I am not tripping over stuff this winter.

Yes sounds like a decent deal you got and decent service. Just try to get that in writing that he'll refund you the difference if you get a better deal at the show. 

Where is a good spot to go to deck out the trailer. I would like to put some helmet racks in, fuel racks that hold Jerry cans and area for tools. All off the floor so I am not tripping over stuff this winter.

Pit products has some cool ideas... But pricey. Not sure why you want to store helmets in the trailer, but I could definitly see a nice rack for jerry cans and a few tools. I just keep a milk crate with random stuff I need in the back. Between sleds.

And nunz... One must have for your 118 or any trailer with a ramp door is hard bristled brush and or a ice scraper. Need to clean out crevasse in between the door and trailer. Ice falls in there and it won't close all the way.

Archived