The Election or The Weather?

dweese

I vote weather as it is more interesting...

They say the current El Niño is responsible for the above average number of tornadoes that we may see this summer. Nice normally at this time of year the summer storms are normally slowing, yet they seem to just be really starting to kick up.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/technology/story/1.3174468

So, who wants to take a guess at what this might do to our winter this year?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's easy. I bought a new snowmobile. Sorry everyone.

That's easy. I bought a new snowmobile. Sorry everyone.

Been through many good and bad winters.

I'm always ready for whatever shows up.

saw some of the damage in tevoitdale from tornado. That kind of weather no one can be ready for ..... must be a hard thing to recover from.

I bought a new sled as well, I expect if to be a dry cold winter.

Whatever weather is always changing. I remember lots of heavy weather ruining crops at this time of year

Hail can do allot of damage real fast! Been lucky with the wheat crops, they are still standing and ready for harvest in 5 or so days! Weather mostly went around us this time.

Been through many good and bad winters.

I'm always ready for whatever shows up.

saw some of the damage in tevoitdale from tornado. That kind of weather no one can be ready for ..... must be a hard thing to recover from.

I am still cleaning up from one last September.This is my third tornado cleanup.

cruel twist

I would have moved after the second one! That is brutal! Conestoga lake was hit maybe 7 years ago by a system that started there and travelled all the way to Salem and into north end of fergs. The destruction thru Salem was 200 feet wide and it flatten crops like a steam roller went thru, broken hydro poles, houses damaged. Could see the direct pay for miles leaving Salem.

I would have moved after the second one! That is brutal! Conestoga lake was hit maybe 7 years ago by a system that started there and travelled all the way to Salem and into north end of fergs. The destruction thru Salem was 200 feet wide and it flatten crops like a steam roller went thru, broken hydro poles, houses damaged. Could see the direct pay for miles leaving Salem.

One of them was trail 204 that we just built the previous year.The other 2 were at my property over the last 31 years.

I bought a new sled.  I predict snow on Wednesdays and rain on Fridays.

BP

Calgary has been having some wild weather last few days.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2673140679/

I was on Conestoga Lake on Sunday when that hit.   Many trees down and power lines.  One pontoon boat and a dock was thrown and crushed.  Small hail too, it was pretty crazy around 9pm. 

Calgary has been having some wild weather last few days.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2673140679/

Yes there was some bad weather out there.I was talking to my buddy on the phone last night and he is out there looking after his stepfather.He said things were pretty wild.

That same tornado that went through Salem & north end of fergus made it's way over to belwood too! Destroying a camp for kids, I believe there were around 20 kids out there at the time. Flattened the corn fields in fergus and ALOT of damage at belwood. Lots of people got new barns around here...

But I think it will be a mild winter with lots of snow! Sometimes it's just too damn cold to snow!

That same tornado that went through Salem & north end of fergus made it's way over to belwood too! Destroying a camp for kids, I believe there were around 20 kids out there at

the time. Flattened the corn fields in fergus and

ALOT of damage at belwood. Lots of people got

new barns around here...

But I think it will be a mild winter with lots of snow! Sometimes it's just too damn cold to

snow!

I have seen so many winters where it was to warm to snow, need umbrella everytime a storm came in and it would wipe out what little base we had. Thankgod this trend has stopped!

That same tornado that went through Salem & north end of fergus made it's way over to belwood too! Destroying a camp for kids, I believe there were around 20 kids out there at

the time. Flattened the corn fields in fergus and

ALOT of damage at belwood. Lots of people got

new barns around here...

But I think it will be a mild winter with lots of snow! Sometimes it's just too damn cold to snow!

That was a long damage path. Amazing the elementary school in Salem wasn't damaged, since it touched down right at the end of the school grounds traveling away from Salem towards fergus.

If you want to keep the snow we get, it has to be cold in Southern Ontario.  The proof is the last two winters.  If it is too cold for you, get a real windshield and scrap the thong that you think makes you look cool.

BP

Never too cold to ride! Lol...actually I shouldn't say that, my brother n I rode in -35 this past family day w/end...-40 with windchill...brothers helmet quit working, my hand warmers quit on me...ya it was TOO cold! Never again! I had a barn door on my sled too...

Never too cold to ride! Lol...actually I shouldn't say that, my brother n I rode in -35 this past family day w/end...-40 with windchill...brothers helmet quit working, my hand warmers quit on

me...ya it was TOO cold! Never again! I had a

barn door on my sled too...

Was that you that went to hospital with a frost damaged thumb/Hand in Sudbury?

No, we went to the small resort (forget what it's called) in Kearney for something to eat and then went back home. Surprisingly though, there were lots of riders out that day.

I'll switch the sway of this thread to politics...

Why is it that whenever I see a picture of this famous politician, I am reminded of a song we used to hear while living out west..... sung by Alberta cowgirls ...to the tune of the theme from the TV show "Bonanza".....

"Get it up

Get it in

Get it out

Don't muss my hair dooooo!"

post-19713-0-24307300-1439142339_thumb.j

Theme song from TV show Bonanza if you've never heard it... or can't remember it...

A hint to where you might have seen this politician before in case you can't remember who she was...

post-19713-0-96476900-1439142357_thumb.j

Archived