Bonnechere Cup Eganville

Faceman

Owen Sound, for 25 years hosted the Georgian Cup, which was originally a banked track but eventually when iced oval sled racing. Far superior IMHO to our latest version of snocross snowmobile racing. Eganville continues to host the Bonnechere Cup with great success I understand. Really miss this style of racing. We're going to make the trip this winter, late Feb and need some recommendations for accommodations. The girls are coming and like the finer things of life ( hot tub/sauna etc) . Thoughts please!

The Pine Tree is just down the road from the track. Probably a bit "rustic" for the girls.

The last time I overnighted ('09) I stayed @ the Golden Sands in Deacon. Not sure if they have a sauna/hot tub, but nice rooms & a good onsite restaurant.

In the 80s when a dozen or so of us used to go up for the weekend we stayed in Pembroke, lots of motels & eateries to choose from. Check the lodging info in my link. It's about half an hour from Pembroke to the track (north end of town just off Hwy 41). If you have any other questions fire away. The last few years I just drive up for Sun' from Apsley. 

We've stayed at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke and it's new/mint.

Also happened to literally drive past the race (hill at top = trail) and it was a sight to behold. It really added to the RAP tour.

Thanks folks. Rather stay in Eganville but probably more realistically Pembroke.  

Thanks folks. Rather stay in Eganville but probably more realistically Pembroke.  

We stayed at the Best Western in Pembroke a couple of years ago on the RAP tour and it was pretty good, pool and hot tub on site.

We stayed at the Best Western in Pembroke a couple of years ago on the RAP tour and it was pretty good, pool and hot tub on site.

Before the Holiday Inn was built, that was preferred location to stay in town if sledding thru.

Archived