Pinecrest Cottages - Wasaga

Domino

Has anyone experienced Pinecrest Cottages in Wasaga?

http://www.wasaga.com/pinecrest/wasaga.html

Has anyone experienced Pinecrest Cottages in Wasaga?

http://www.wasaga.com/pinecrest/wasaga.html

Never stayed there.... family has always had a place on the river since I was a kid but I can tell you there will be a lot of road traffic and it is about as close as you can get to the heart of the beach party central. With the exception of a couple of motels on the other side of the river.

Sounds like they allow the teenagers to book these places.  They have several bad reviews and some accusations of fraud.  As always, taken with a grain of salt as the Millennials take to Social Media to smear a business even when they are in the wrong.  

I'm trying to figure out if they are an ethical business and the reviews are unfounded, or if they are true, or partially true.  

The reviews accuse them of making crap up to keep security deposits of the young renters.  

Thought Wasaga was always teeny bopper central.  Have not been there in 25 years, has that changed?

Nope... still teeny bopper central but there are an awful lot of full time residences. It has changed a lot. We have been there every weekend for the last 8 in a row. Driving on River Rd W and crossing the bridge to the main downtown with the outside temp showing as 11C. Guys and girls strutting their stuff. Guys no shirts wearing shorts and sandals, girls in bikinis and flip flops... The wife and I were wearing sweat shirts and just shook our heads. We stopped at Wild Wing just up the road for lunch and watched all kinds of kids walking past dressed similar. Nobody with anything more than shorts and tee.

Nope... still teeny bopper central but there are an awful lot of full time residences. It has changed a lot. We have been there every weekend for the last 8 in a row. Driving on River Rd W and crossing the bridge to the main downtown with the outside temp showing as 11C. Guys and girls strutting their stuff. Guys no shirts wearing shorts and sandals, girls in bikinis and flip flops... The wife and I were wearing sweat shirts and just shook our heads. We stopped at Wild Wing just up the road for lunch and watched all kinds of kids walking past dressed similar. Nobody with anything more than shorts and tee.

That is how I remember it.

Archived