Health Problems Forced Sale

hi-mileage

As stated above my dad has problems and has lost his license. He just bought a new truck in Dec. and now this happened.

It's a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500,2WD Crewcab Black

1725 km on it now,with a full tank of fuel.Block heater,trailering pkg.It has lifetime undercoating deal,also I think 10 oil services??He has paid 6mons of 0.0 financing 84 mon term.

Would like to hear from everyone what you think!! Want it? What I should do? Just going to take a shitkicking,but trying to come up with something that would help everyone! I would take it over but just bought my Grand Cherokee and if I was to sell it I would take a bath on it?? I don't know what to do!!

Getting old sucks!! It's hard to watch this crap!

Edited by hi-mileage, Today, 07:27 PM.

Good evening,

You can try this site.

http://www.financebusters.ca/en/

Or shoot me a message, I may be able to help you.

Nunz

Did he buy it outright or is there financing? Lot of places have a hidden walk away clause for the first 12 months, to cover things just like this. They just don't tell you because they don't want you using it.

Did he buy it outright or is there financing? Lot of places have a hidden walk away clause for the first 12 months, to cover things just like this. They just don't tell you because they don't want you using it.

Ya thanks,Nunz just phoned me to tell me to check on that!! First thing tomorrow!!

You guys r awesome!!

Friends helping friends... hope everything works out.

Ya thanks,Nunz just phoned me to tell me to check on that!! First thing tomorrow!!

They have cut back on this! I know losing your job use to count as a way out as well. Under most new financing there is no way out anymore, people returned to many vechicles. They use to require a fairly large down payment, so you always paid more in advance, in case you defaulted. Now everything is zero down 84 month financing at your own risk. Good luck! Best way is to find someone willing to take over the payments.

Gonna be a tough sell .... a 2wd pickup ?  I only ever knew 2 people that knew how to operate one properly without incident ... my dad, and me.  

Sorry to hear.   Aging will catch us all, eventually.  I hope you get it settled quickly.

Now everything is zero down 84 month financing at your own risk.

Ya when I bought my Dart 2 years ago, they didn't even ask and just had it setup for 84 months. When I saw the payment was only $137 a month or something, I looked at him like he was crazy. Then he couldn't believe it when I say make that 36 months. I told him I'm buying a car not a house.  

They have cut back on this! I know losing your job use to count as a way out as well. Under most new financing there is no way out anymore, people returned to many vechicles. They use to require a fairly large down payment, so you always paid more in advance, in case you defaulted. Now everything is zero down 84 month financing at your own risk. Good luck! Best way is to find someone willing to take over the payments.

There's actually a protection called Walkaway Insurance that protects customers in situations like this, I always recommend our customers to take it as it could save someone a ton of money in a case like this.

Gonna be a tough sell .... a 2wd pickup ?  I only ever knew 2 people that knew how to operate one properly without incident ... my dad, and me.  

Sorry to hear.   Aging will catch us all, eventually.  I hope you get it settled quickly.

Not to jynx myself but I too am in that group.

Next truck will be a 4x4

There's actually a protection called Walkaway Insurance that protects customers in situations like this, I always recommend our customers to take it as it could save someone a ton of money in a case like this.

Is it a third party insurance like the after market warranties!

Yes it is, and like all industries there is good and bad ones..

Yes it is, and like all industries there is good and bad ones..

Yes many different levels of it. We have it on the wife's new car. It's got its limits. To start with they only pay the current market value, not what you owe on it. Upgraded levels cover you for what is owed, I think we are covered unless we are upside down more then $5000 on it, then we have to pay the difference out of pocket.

Not to jynx myself but I too am in that group.

Next truck will be a 4x4

But Mossy, it's summer in Auburn 13 months a year

Correct yes, this is my job at the dealership I work at, on the Elite program they cover up to $20000 still owing on the balance, best protection if something ever happens to you. Also GAP protection is amazing if you ever get the car written off.

But Mossy, it's summer in Auburn 13 months a year

Not the past couple years. I believe we have been open earlier and longer than you guys haven't we?

You know my plow driver does everything to bury me in the winter!

Archived