Speaking of Butter Tarts....

TheNavigator

Made my way into Orillia this weekend, and just happened to stop in at Wilkies Bakery....!

Picked up some butter tarts, chocolate chip cookies and a chelsea!!!!!!!

Thought of my friends (Blake G & Nunz & WD)!!!! 

Guys, the butter tarts were soooo good!

Note: A butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and
considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts

post-23627-0-84502600-1430745383_thumb.jpg

post-23627-0-43510500-1430745394_thumb.jpg

post-23627-0-28770700-1430745403_thumb.jpg

post-23627-0-39264900-1430745412_thumb.jpg

Thanks buddy!! Now how the hell am I going to be able to sit here at my desk at work looking at these pics....

Thanks buddy!! Now how the hell am I going to be able to sit here at my desk at work looking at these pics....

I was thinking the same thing..

same here

Made my way into Orillia this weekend, and just happened to stop in at Wilkies Bakery....!

Picked up some butter tarts, chocolate chip cookies and a chelsea!!!!!!!

Thought of my friends (Blake G & Nunz & WD)!!!! 

Guys, the butter tarts were soooo good!

Note: A butter tart is a type of small pastry tart highly regarded in Canadian cuisine and

considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts

Posting those pictures is just plain evil when I have to see it sitting at my desk and can't get out to have any. Esp[ecially the chelsea....

Just saw Nunz posted the same sentiment before I posted my comment.

not nice 

x2

LOL

I'm on the wrong side of 250 to be even thinking about those tarts.

Is there a right side of 250?

X2 but I would have to add a bunch to that number and I am a lot closer to Wilkies than you guys.My will power is gonna take a S@$t kicking.

Here's a photo from today's excursion.

Something just seems wrong.

post-22473-0-34077400-1430769309_thumb.jpg

X2 but I would have to add a bunch to that number...

It's ok if you're riding a TZ1 Cat touring sled.

Touring but no turbo.I am happy enough with just short of 100 mph.

With tart in hand.

Okay...so thanks to the Navigator and my wife I succumbed to the evil temptation. She had me stop off at the store on the way home to pick up a couple of things. As I walk toward the meat counter what do I pass.... damned butter tarts. What did I take home... damned butter tarts. On top of that I forgot the orange juice which is one of the things I was supposed to pick up. Sitting here with a butter tart right now.

Okay...so thanks to the Navigator and my wife I succumbed to the evil temptation. She had me stop off at the store on the way home to pick up a couple of things. As I walk toward the meat counter what do I pass.... damned butter tarts. What did I take home... damned butter tarts. On top of that I forgot the orange juice which is one of the things I was supposed to pick up. Sitting here with a butter tart right now.

in this day and age you could sue him for that 

in this day and age you could sue him for that 

I should call the lawyer today... much more of this nonsense and I will find next fall that my snowmobile suit shrank over the summer again. To compensate though I had a nice piece of baked fish and salad for dinner. Gotta pay the piper. Indulge in the butter tart and compromise somewhere.

Here's a photo from today's excursion.

Something just seems wrong.

attachicon.gif20150504_151916.jpg

You'll starve to death eating that crap ......

.... washing it down with straight Vodka, 'cause you forgot the mix ..... 

This is a picture of stuff that FOOD eats.

post-22473-0-37603800-1430854986_thumb.jpg

No a full face helmut puts a damper on eating and driving.

One sunny day last spring I was out for a ride on my old Gold Wing, and stopped in at Weber's for a cheeseburger. I decided I was in a bit of a hurry, so I shoved the burger in the front of my coat, and jumped back on the bike. Upon reaching highway speed, I was pretty happy to cruise along while munching on the burger. Multitasking.

Four months later I was at a funeral and started chatting with a group of old friends. One friend said, "The wife and I saw you riding your motorcycle and eating a sandwich a few weeks ago. Right on Highway 11. We laughed like hell."

"Not me," I said, "It never happened."

"It did so," he said, "We both saw you - - riding along eating a sandwich."

"Nope," I said, "It was a cheeseburger."

Too funny, Blake.

Note to self ----- Snowcrest Riders are different than the rest of us  :-P

One sunny day last spring I was out for a ride on my old Gold Wing, and stopped in at Weber's for a cheeseburger. I decided I was in a bit of a hurry, so I shoved the burger in the front of my coat, and jumped back on the bike. Upon reaching highway speed, I was pretty happy to cruise along while munching on the burger. Multitasking.

Four months later I was at a funeral and started chatting with a group of old friends. One friend said, "The wife and I saw you riding your motorcycle and eating a sandwich a few weeks ago. Right on Highway 11. We laughed like hell."

"Not me," I said, "It never happened."

"It did so," he said, "We both saw you - - riding along eating a sandwich."

"Nope," I said, "It was a cheeseburger."

Thank you Blake...You just made my day laughing...as I was just having my afternoon snack of Nutella bites from Tim Hortons.... If you haven't tried one yet you owe it to yourself.... Eat the veggies and fruit another day...lol

Too funny, Blake.

Note to self ----- Snowcrest Riders are different than the rest of us  :-P

Not touching that one.... guilty conscience. I had one of the butter tarts I bought yesterday and then one today. I had gotten a dozen. I took the rest of them into the office this morning since in school they taught me the concept of sharing. I got heck for only bringing in10 of them.... one of the guys claims he is going to get even and bring in banana bread with walnuts tomorrow.

Archived